It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting of huge oval object over Idaho and Washington on 2. august 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Thanks for an interesting thread and the research you put into it, BeeTee.

I, too, am thinking that Blimpage of some sort is probably Occam's all things considered past and present, especially considering the exercise and their mission of delivering whatever wherever.

The humming and throbbing raises some interesting questions whether it was some sort of blimp or not. I wouldn't think it's propulsion would be that noisy. I mean it could be of course, but if not a characteristic of propulsion, what might that signify?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The plotted path is interesting because it appears to stay close to the treeline/away from the open area (of canyons? mountains? fields?). But that could simply be because that's where the towns are, where people who witnessed it live.

Im quite familiar with this area, I live in Boise and do a lot of hiking, hunting and fishing in the areas this thing apparently covered.

I cant tell you that those areas are very very sparsely populated......and the mountains in that area can be pretty treacherous......

It seems like a pretty good path to take if you dont want to be seen, especially if youre flying low as to not be noticed above the ridge lines....

I was actually in that area around the time of these sightings up camping, Im really sad I didnt get to see or hear anything!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

very similar to the Phoenix lights descriptions of a large object, claims that it blocked out the stars (which it may have appeared to do for physiological reasons) were also made in that case, but there was no large object, it was only a formation of planes creating an illusion of a large object.

I dunno where you got that information from, but I have never ever heard that as an explanation, and two , even if it was theres no way it fits.......unless they were flying and sometimes hovering in perfect formation for over two hours.......

Sorry man, but youre way off mark on this one

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I always wonder how people can give size estimates like "easily a half mile long" 

Yes, I think we must exercise some caution about size estimates, especially at night. Judging size and distance is difficult at the best of times, and especially when observing something that is unknown to you.

Huge could be "not so huge, but low" I guess, within reason. I don't think it is likely that people are off by an enormous margin, though, unless there are some special factors in play that we do not fully understand.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Well, I think the noise is a bit strange too, to be honest. Not sure what to make of it. If you listen to the video with headphones it is possible to hear, but it is quite distant at this point and was allegedly pretty loud.
edit on 5-3-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Depends, if you really know an area, and you know how far it is from one ridgeline to another, or one peak, hill, etc etc.

Then you can get a pretty decent idea

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hi Beetee,

Thanks for sharing these occurrences from 2017, haven't heard of em either.

I haven't logged in, in some time... but this thread has forced me lol.

Share a quick experience a roommate and I had, that is very similar to the occurrences in the OP.

Okay recollection time.... ..

This was in 2012 South East Ontario, Sunbury. I lived in a very old home in the country.

About 10:30-11.00 PM the roommate and I are having a cigarette on the back porch. It's dark as hell in the country at night, this night there were lots of clouds making it darker.. couldn't see much stars.

As we are laughing and chit chatting.. and BRIGHT white light flashes about a half click above us. This light thing actually expanded from nothing, than collapse to its origin point. The flash was about 1 second in duration.

We were freaking startled! His back was facing the light, my face was towards the light, I saw this thing expand out and collapse as a very bright light.

Then back to darkness. We stopped, held our breath... we listened intensely. Next, a very very loud humming like an engine I have never heard. The hum was vibrating, just above the clouds.

It was heading towards Kingston from my direction in Sunbury. It moved, not very fast, as we could hear whatever this loud humming engine was, gliding above the clouds. As it went Eastern more, the humming was fading. We could hear it for another 2 minutes as it was moving away from us.

I was stoked, roommate close-minded type didnt want to acknowledge anything we experienced. He never spoke of it again, and actually denied it happened one time I asked him...to me, this proved he was fearful of the idea to even brainstorm and entertain what we could of e experienced.

Guys... this was the LOUDEST engine/hum sound I could imagine. As it was happening, my mind was trying to perceive the origin of the sounds like.. "that thing must be f**king huge to make that flash and than the humming".

Did not get any visual as it happened above the cloud cover. Keep in mind this is the country side with very little air traffic over my parts.

Good thread, things on Earth are mysterious and interesting as ever

edit on 5-3-2019 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Thank you for sharing your encounter and welcome back :-) The sound you describe seems pretty close to what these witnesses are describing. Interesting.

Yes, the world is a pretty interesting place sometimes...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes, unless it is extremely high I agree that it is unlikly people would describe something as being huge if it was not at least uncommonly big.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Very interesting thanks for sharing!

I am thinking it is two different objects especially as in the first sighting the lights were diagonal and multi coloured and in the other sightings the lights were going in a circle, not a diagonal and no colours were mentioned.

I am thinking these are man made, classified technology. Whether a new form of engine for an airship, or something exotic.

If it is 'not ours' then usually it is completely silent at those distances.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I concur that it could very well be man made and classified. If it is a LTA kind of platform, it could potentially also be silent if it shut down its engines and went with some kind of electrical propulsion.

As to there being more than one, this could be I suppose.

I was also thinking that different color light is only frequencies, so perhaps a light would appear a different color at a certain angle?

This is speculation, of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
I have been pondering if it can have been a fleet of very large transport aircraft moving in a group at night, but you have to admit that such a formation won't normally create the illusion of something blocking out the stars between them.
On the contrary I admit no such thing, in fact I can find numerous examples to contradict that assertion, and we also have a good idea why this can happen based on the physiology of the human eye:

Why do stars disappear when I look at them?

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

"very similar to the Phoenix lights descriptions of a large object, claims that it blocked out the stars (which it may have appeared to do for physiological reasons) were also made in that case, but there was no large object, it was only a formation of planes creating an illusion of a large object."

I dunno where you got that information from, but I have never ever heard that as an explanation, and two , even if it was theres no way it fits.......unless they were flying and sometimes hovering in perfect formation for over two hours.......

Sorry man, but youre way off mark on this one

It fits very well when you consider common misperceptions associated with eyewitnesses, such as not being able to accurately judge the distance to unknown objects in the sky. Maybe you should learn more about those and about the event, I'll give you some links to get you started should you wish to research further:

(Part 1) The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth
(Part 2 with Map) The Phoenix Lights - Laying To Rest The Myth

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

The witnesses included New Times writers. David Holthouse and Michael Kiefer both saw the pattern of five lights move slowly overhead. Holthouse says he perceived that something connected the lights in a boomerang shape; Kiefer disagrees, saying they didn't seem connected. Like other witnesses, both reported that the vee made no sound, and each saw slightly different colors in the lights. Both watched as the lights gradually made their way south and faded from view.

The many eyewitnesses have elaborated on this basic model: Some saw that the lights were not connected, others swear they saw a giant triangular craft joining them, some felt it was at high altitude, others claim it was barely over their heads and moving very slowly. All seem to be describing the same lights at the same time: About 8:15 the lights passed over the Prescott area, about 15 minutes later the vee moved over Phoenix, and at 8:45 it passed south of Tucson.

That's about 200 miles in 30 minutes, which indicates that the lights were traveling about 400 miles per hour.

So when "some felt it was at high altitude, others claim it was barely over their heads and moving very slowly. All seem to be describing the same lights at the same time" what we have is a case of variability in witness reports. Most notably, all the witnesses who observed the object through magnification (binoculars or a telescope) were able to gather additional information about the lights, that was lacking in those who did not see them with magnification. It is only the latter who thought they were connected, none of those using magnification thought that, which is quite noteworthy.

You can also consider the Yukon UFO case where some witnesses said it appeared to block out the stars which perhaps it appeared to do again for physiological reasons explained in the link above, and we know what the Yukon UFO was now and that it didn't really block out the stars, it only appeared to. We similarly had wild variations in the estimates of the distance to the Yukon UFO with some people reporting it was much closer than it actually was.

Other examples can be cited of witnesses reporting large objects where none existed, such as these drawings of a large object:

Kiev UFO

Profound Importance of This Report
-- A significant subset of world UFO reports consist of LARGE quiet slow-moving craft mounted with lights and emitting trails
-- More than merely statistical, they are among the most spectacular “unsolved cases”
-- Speculative prosaic explanations that involve formation-flying bright objects [aircraft or meteor fragments] require a significant degree of eyewitness mental misperception, defying common sense
-- This report persuasively bridges that gap in a broad and visually compelling manner

Maybe it's counter-intuitive to think witnesses can be so mistaken in seeing large objects where there aren't any, but this report is pretty compelling proof of that.

edit on 201935 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Do people know how HUGE a half-mile long craft would be?? That's CRAZY. how do these witnesses get to that conclusion???

That IS huge and crazy.

As to the Phoenix incident, one of the witnesses I spoke to admitted he went #2 in his shorts as it passed overhead. He knew it was so big as the little valley he lived in was about .8 miles from ridge to ridge and the craft (or whatever it was) overlapped on either side. It's been decades, but I remember that part pretty well.

Dunno, but something weird is going on and some of the things seen in the air are really large.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have been given permission to share another video from the witness who reported the UFO in Lincoln, which would be the fourth sighting report in the list of four, which she uploaded to MUFON where she also reported the sighting as outlined below:

I was watching Hulu on the tv with my mom. My step dad cam inside from the porch and said "honey come check out this crazy noise." To my mom. I stayed inside because I didn't think it would be anything important by the way my step dad reacted. Then my mom burst in the door from the porch and said "Madeline come here as fast as you can." I go out side and there is this really loud deep humming sound. So loud it felt like maybe there were fine vibrations going through my body. Looking back it sounded what I would imagine a three mile long wine glass to sound like if you used a giant wet finger to continuously rub the rim. When I step on the porch my eyes are instantly drawn to the long and very close string of white lights. My heard feels like it's sinking and I ask my mom to pray. There could have been one hundred lights that were pulsing or blinking in a sequence on this string that could have been a dish or ring but I could not see anything but the lights. I'm surprised the lights were so clear to see because it was so smokey out today. I am loosing my train of thought because this just happens tonight. I could never be more sure about anything that this is an unknown craft flying right over lake rosevelt , right past my moms house. I would be able to explain this better in person.

MUFON case 85607

The video is below. It is also quite black, but you can certainly hear the hum:

Video shot by Lincoln witness

You can also hear the witnesses are quite upset by what they are seeing.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I am sorry, but there is a difference between stars disappearing when you look directly at them and whole stretches of the sky being blocked out.

But are we to suppose then that on this night planes flew in a line with their strobe lights flashing in sequence making enough noise to make people freak out and houses tremble?

I am not saying that this sighting cannot be explained, but I must admit your explanation for disappearing stars seem a bit weak. I have been outside many a night, and I have never, ever seen parts of the sky being blocked out, except by clouds.

I don't know what these people saw, because I didn't see it myself, but it would (at least on the surface) appear they saw something a bit more spectacular than a line of airplanes.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Obviously, many our using points of references. Having tree lines, foothills, or mountains on the horizon certainly makes it easier to perceive a guess on size. One familiar with their own area already understands the distances and general heights involved.

Is it accurate, probably not, but it is accurate to their perception based on personal experience. If you were to scan the horizon in your backyard and see a known object on that horizon, you should from experience of past viewing perceive an object is smaller or bigger than other known objects from the past. Especially, if one sees other known objects (jets) flying soon after along the same path.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Classic case of people being confused by the distinct hum of the Airbus A400M Atlas. That distinct hum of the turbo props on the Airbus A400M has baffled and confused a lot of people and especially in the UK. During Mobility Guardian 2017 Royal Air Force Airbus A400M Atlas were taking part in the exercise. Imagine A400Ms in amongst a mass formation of mixed types and it will certainly lead to confusion.

Early in the exercise, the contingency response airmen helped control multiple flights from USAF and Royal Australian Air Force C-17s, along with a UK Royal Air Force A400M......

Mobility Guardian was the largest exercise to date for the Airbus A400s and marked the first time an RAF squadron had deployed the aircraft for an exercise.

Air Force Magazine Mobility Guardian

Even though it has been in service with the RAF for about 5 years it still causes confusion here in the UK due to its distinct sound. The distinct hum carries for miles.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Thank you for that.

Certainly a very distinct sound. Did you listen to the video I posted above?

Link to movie shot by Lincoln witness

I'm not quite convinced, but I guess if it was flying in a formation with other planes. Would they have sequentially blinking anti collision lights? Like synced? I have never heard about that, but I guess it cold be possible...

EDIT: After listening to the clip of the plane flying close by, I must admit I don't quite buy it. There is really no mistaking that it is a plane going by, and if it was further away would it really rattle the house?

Edit 2: This is an Airbus A400M in formation with other jets (the Red Arrows). Does it sound the same to you?

edit on 5-3-2019 by beetee because: Added something

edit on 5-3-2019 by beetee because: Added video

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If u can see a jet and the UFO then judging size becomes much easier.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Here is another Airbus 400M taking off, quite close... There is really not that much sound and at that range no way you would mistake this sound for being anything but an propeller airplane in my opinion.

It's really not that loud, nor very odd sounding to be honest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join