It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds let "illegals" pile up in state prisons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Any body remember the days when we used to get mad about the berlin wall and call the commies monsters for using robotic weapons to protect their borders? Those minefields werent just there to keep people in you know. The commies were also very concerned about illegal immigration amazing how we used to hold such a sensible practice against them.....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
That is a pretty far out there even for you. It has nothing to do with border control.

The US is in a state of war is it not?
This applies.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
DrHoracid, I hate you with a great fury

Well I love you anyway there Lesser, take a deep breath and sit down, but I can't condone "hunting" humans. The point to border walls and 50 cals isn't to kill illegals, I would hope they would have enough sense to not try the guns. With technology it wouldn't be hard to set up warning shots first.

Boogydude, just when did anyone try to get INTO east germany? I remember thousands trying to escape, but not one trying to get in.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
The commies were also very concerned about illegal immigration amazing how we used to hold such a sensible practice against them.....

I have no recollection of anyone (besides crminals escaping prosecution) trying to enter a communist nation illegally.

Besides, if they did, they need to be shot because they've lost their freakin mind!

BTW, I came to this thread because I wanted to state that it's not the Feds fault that the illegals are piling up in prison!

If anyone should want to know the answer of whose fault it is, then here it is: It's the illegal aliens fault!

There! Now my blood pressure's gone up!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Illegal aliens don't hurt anyone?
Yeah, other than base wages in the southwest and other illegal saturated areas being lower by far than it takes to support one person comfortably let alone a family they do no harm.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well dont forget spy's saboteurs and the like. Its all irelevant though, because if it keeps some one out it will keep people in and vice versa. The main concern is keeping criminals from crossing your border. The soviets had no problem with legal border crossing as unlikely as that might sound they only cared about illegal border crossing.

If you had a piece of paper saying you could exit or leave the country you could come and go as you please. The same way it is with America. Since we have all established that illegals are criminals because they break our border laws then by extension we have established that the people breaking Soviet law were criminals as well. If they had that piece of paper they could have crossed without problem same as our immigration policy. So if you support the killing of people because they don't have a piece of paper then why was it wrong when the soviets did the same? If you want to kill people to keep them from freedom how are you any better then the commies?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
once again my 2.5 cents......in my time in law enforcement..we held dozens of known illegal aliens....we put in the 'proper' forms to have them deperted...and a few months later..they might leave. the vast majority would spend 6-12 months in the AMERICAN tax payers care..... it is expensive to have prisinors transported..... every month we would get to 'host' a couple of dozen or so heading back to to the mother land..mexico. the tax payer has been feeding them, clothing them and funding thier incarceration for a few months. and guess what..for about 50%..it wasn't thier first time. huhhhhh..'magine that.
and guess what ( again) most seem to have been caught because who ever they were with was pulled over and the cops ran their ID.... or lack of ID. so when the pole-leaz say they want to make it easier to stop vehicles and "run' the id of the occupents..... .........think about it..when is the only time the pole-leaz can stop and question you ..without a legal reason. ( oh, stop it..i know what you are thinking..they can't do that!!! spend some years in law enforcement and then say that
) TRAFFIC stops!!!!! let me repeat that for the cheap seats...TRAFFIC STOPS! it is the only time when a cop can stop you ..just because....a state trooper once told me that there are 200+ reasons a cop can stop a car and his job was to know every one of those reasons........

'in the name of illegal aliens' seems to be becoming a phrase worthy of ...'in the name of saftey' or in the 'name of the war on terrorism' ...soon instead of 'we can not devulge that info because of national security'....it will be (also) 'we can not devulge that info because of national immigration'..
"....thier fingerprints are hidden by control...."

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I still think robotic 50 cal machine guns along the border would be effective.

Yes, especially when targetted against someone who has such a low estimation of the lifes of others, especially of those who try to escape the unlivable conditions of their country, by coming to a place called "Land of the Free."

Don't you agree?

Surf

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why are people always so concentrated on the symptoms of problems? Is it because it's easier? Maybe some people just aren't problem solvers. They are the kind who want the death penalty, but don't want the social programs or to try to change the conditions that would have prevented the crime in the first place. If we have a problem with illegal immigration, we have to treat the reasons why they want to come, not just the fact that they are. Obviously it's economic reasons. It would be far cheaper to invest and try to raise Mexico's standard of living with economic policies, rather than incarcerate or kill them. Tell patriotic company's like Nike or Walmart to pay a living wage in Mexico. That will help stem the flow.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Open legal immigration and a Militarized and closed border is the only answer. Americans can and will get shot trying to enter military installations, why is it wrong if Mexicans/anyone else sneaking across the border can and will get shot doing so? As long as there is enough warning the threat of violence IS a deterrent.

Devilwasp you have a love for American foreign-aid, yet you were "angry at America". That's the exact reason why many of us are tight fisted. No matter how much aid we gave away "we could still afford more". Its too easy to tell others what to do with their money.

If you're so worried about American aid why don't you immigrate here and pay our taxes?

Also, we aren't at war with Mexico - no war crimes.

[edit on (3/2/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That is the worst analogy ever. The people coming over the border pose absolutely no threat to myself or my family.

A better analogy would be a me deciding to exterminate every ant in the grass in my garden because they were "on my property".

Id have to disagree with you there. The swarms of illegals crossing the US Mexican border DO pose a grave threat to the safety of many Americans along those borders. Car Jackings, assaults, rapes, armed robberies, and theft by illegals committed against American citzens is very high. Lets not even mention the Mexican army firing at border agents covering for drug runners slipping over the border, plus drug dealers themselves and the violence they often cause, illegal aliens DO pose a safety risk to the citizens of this country. And there are the even more long term problems: diseases illegals might carry from their own coutnries that turn into small but serious epidemics, illegals themselves getting hit and killed on busy freeways while running across the roads, or causing accidents while doing so.

I do however disagree with Horacid's solution: robot machine guns. Thats just silly, impractical, ineffecient, and dangerous. I do believe that walls and razor wire should be set up along the border, but the best defense I think would be to pull our troops out of foreign countries and use them to guard our own border. Robot machine guns simply are not right. For instance, shooting pregnant women and kids would be wrong, even if they are illegally crossing. Robotic machiens cannot mtell the difference, and would shoot with discrimination. However, human soldiers, armed ones, could make the distinction, and instead of shooting a pregnant woman or kids, they could pursue and capture them. The only people that should be shot are armed drug runners or criiminals who are posing an immediate threat. i also think any Mexican army unit who fires at us should be blasted away with extreme prejudice.

Any illegal seized crossing the border should be caught, entered into a database, rounded up, and sent back uncerimoniously to Mexico. There is NO reason for illegal immigration from Mexico. Visa's. passports, and green cards are so friggin easy to get, and are alot cheaper than the cost to pay human smugglers to sneak you across, that one must question the intent of illegal border crossers.

But Horacids idea is pretty much an insult to efficency, common sense, basic human morality, and efectiveness.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why are people always so concentrated on the symptoms of problems? Is it because it's easier? Maybe some people just aren't problem solvers. They are the kind who want the death penalty, but don't want the social programs or to try to change the conditions that would have prevented the crime in the first place. If we have a problem with illegal immigration, we have to treat the reasons why they want to come, not just the fact that they are. Obviously it's economic reasons. It would be far cheaper to invest and try to raise Mexico's standard of living with economic policies, rather than incarcerate or kill them. Tell patriotic company's like Nike or Walmart to pay a living wage in Mexico. That will help stem the flow.

Curme this dribble you have spouted represents everything wrong with Amerca today in my none too humble opinion. Rather than enforcing the laws of this nation, you feel we should "understand why the illegals are coming here" and "help mexico economically"
Well bull-#ing-# I dont care why they are breaking our laws, I dont care what the motivation is, Mexico is not cuba, a naton with a criminally opressive regime, it is not a war torn naton like haiti, and there is absolutly no excuse for someone to enter my country illegally. I am sick to death of panty waisted, limp wristed, wolly minded, liberal, self lothing, touchy feely, mama to the world wanna bes, taking my hard earned money and spending on the healthcare, social services, and support for criminals who have no #ing right to be here under our own laws.
Enough is enough. Thier first act in this country is to break our laws, evade the proper authorities, and sneak across our border like thieves in the night, then they apply for free healthcare, free educaton for thier children, drivers licsenses, what next you wanna letem vote too? The mexican government is publishing pamphlets on how to invade America safely for God's sake. That is an act of war
Curme thank god the right party is finally in office, they sure as hell aint perfect, but at least, unlike you and yours, they aren't trying to destroy America from within.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
MwM, I am a liberal and I support Horacids idea for border patrol, robots. Besides, isn't Bush a republican? The man who is making it easier for illegals to come over with work programs?

A wall, with razor wire, electric fence, and guards would also do the trick. So does American citizens getting off their obese ass and helping the BP with the problem. I plan to defend my country from a real threat, one you can point to and say hey, there is the threat. Not like the terror war, for what terrorizes some doesn't others. That roller coaster ride terrorized me, bomb it.(bad analogy, bite me, its 4am)

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bush's plan james is meant to reduce illegal immigration by m,akng it easier to mmingrate legally. I dont agree with it 100% but at least he's trying. I have no problem with legal immigrants. Damn nbear everyone of my ancestors was a legal immigrant, many came through ellis island. However they came here for an opportunity, not to leech off the rest of society.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
When the Berlin Wall went up, families were separated by the wall....
so, it is possible that these people were trying to cross back and forth....just to check on their relatives......

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

I still think robotic 50 cal machine guns along the border would be effective.

I hope this is an attempt at humour? No one deserves to die to try and sneak into the country...sheesh! Talk about extreme...

These people are sneaking into our country ILLEGALLY......What part of ILLEGAL, don't you people understand?? Personally I believe this to be an invasion of our soverienty(sp)!! If you come here ILLEGALLY...you have NO RIGHTS!!!!! If we can stop/shoot them on the border....ALL THE BETTER!!! When are you people going to understand the SIMPLE fact that these people are breaking our LAWS!! What? Are you waiting for a NUKE to be set off in one of OUR cities????? I have no problem with foreigners who come to this country legally. But for the others,THEY ARE NOTHING BUT INVADERS!! And should be dealt with appropriately!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
ARRGGGGHHH its ILLEGAL.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Wow, machine guns on the borders, a common sense solution. Why not go to the source of the problem and invade and annex mexico into the Union? Would solve all these illegal immigrant problems and its almost a senseible as every other suggestion posted here.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Arizona taxpayers are paying more than $28,000 a day to incarcerate hundreds of illegal immigrants because the federal government hasn't filed the paperwork to deport them to Mexico, state prison officials say.

Formal deportation orders for 46 of the 526 eligible inmates have been on file for several months, but state prison officials can't get Immigration and Customs Enforcement to pick them up, Schriro said.

"I don't know why it's not getting done anymore, but it's not getting done," she said.

You may find some answers here:

Patriot Act II

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

You may find some answers here:

Patriot Act II

OK "sweetie" dense today. How does Pat-Act redux affect illegals in Zone-Ahhhh. I can't wait for this one...

[smoochie]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Devilwasp you have a love for American foreign-aid, yet you were "angry at America". That's the exact reason why many of us are tight fisted. No matter how much aid we gave away "we could still afford more". Its too easy to tell others what to do with their money.

Actually I dont "love" it, they can do what they want with it.
I was angry due to some of the acts they done.

If you're so worried about American aid why don't you immigrate here and pay our taxes?

Actually I'm more concerned about WHAT the US does to forign citzens illegal or not.

Also, we aren't at war with Mexico - no war crimes.
[edit on (3/2/0505 by PistolPete]

No, but it is at war, the act still remains.
This still isnt counting international law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join