It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Superman an archetype of the Beast?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here are some facts direct from Superman fanatics:

"In the John Byrne reboot of Superman that happened after the first Crisis on Infinite Earths, the symbol was designed by Pa Kent and was based on a Native American Snake symbol."

www.cbr.com...

"Initially, the S-shield had one meaning: S for Superman. One of the first alternative meanings was presented in Superman: The Movie, in which it was not an S, but rather the S-shaped Coat of arms of the House of El. After the Superman reboot story The Man of Steel, the symbol's story was that it was designed by Jonathan Kent and was derived from an ancient Native American symbol. The symbol was featured on a medicine blanket given to an ancestor of the Kent family by a Native American tribe after he helped to cure them of a plague and was supposed to represent a snake, an animal held to possess healing powers by the tribe (implying that, by wearing this symbol, Superman was a metaphorical healer)."

www.symbols.com...

" The blanket belonged to Kent ancestor Mary Glenowen, who was part Native American. She explains to her future husband Nathaniel Kent that each of the five sides of the diamond shield represents the five Iroquois Indian tribes that remained, and the "S" was a snake, considered to be a symbol of healing."

www.supermanhomepage.com.../the-s-story

----

S = Serpent

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
More facts on the Superman "DIAMOND" shaped emblem:

"The diamond shield made its debut in 1940. It appeared in the 26th issue of Action Comics, looking very close to what it is now. The yellow shield, inside of which the “S” was placed, was surrounded by a red outline. The 7th Superman movie, which appeared the same year, experimented with the emblem. The colors were inverted, while the diamond shape was replaced by a simple shield. However, that was the last time when Superman could be seen without the diamond logo: all the following logotypes were based on the diamond shape."

1000logos.net...

"January 1944: Superman #26 showed off a diamond-shaped logo that would become the template for all future Superman emblems."

www.businessinsider.com...-heres-how-the-logo-appeared-for-much-of-the-next-two-years-the-ex aggerated-serif-at-the-top-of-the-s-became-prominent-in-superman-9-12

"The shield first became a diamond in the Fleischer cartoon serial Superman. It was black with a red S outlined with white (or occasionally with yellow). The S has varied in size and shape and the diamond shape containing it has also changed size and shape."

en.wikipedia.org...

-----

Diamond = Carbon = 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons = 666

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

short explanations of the 'S' symbol is revealed...years after Superman arrival in 1938 as a baby to the Kent family farm in America

i will concur with the linked Sun.co.uk article explanation of the 'S' symbol as both the Krypton symbol for Hope in a better tomorrow and/or the Krypton biological parents of the future Superman...'Family Emblem/Crest/Symbol' of a 'S' inside of a Diamond shape geometric 'badge'

i suggest an esorteric background to the Superman Logo:

the (physically dark & dense) Carbon Atom with 6 electrons 6 neutrons 6 protrons (666)
will transform into a crystal clear/radiant/super hard Diamond by the application of tremendous Heat & Pressure over a sustained period of Time...

666 is symbolic of primative/animalistic man, Driven by only baser instincts/behaviors

the Diamond is symbolic of men overcoming the evil side of themselves, becoming hardened & Illuminated in a crucible of moral choices in the stresses of becoming an Upright Person... hence the badge or emblem of the man-of-steel -> Hope in a Diamond

(( and the national pastime of Baseball has nothing to do with Superman's Icon Symbol))

edit on th31155180412405422019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: syndicatesyn

Once again ATS goes on a new low,wasting peoples mind on such stupidity,it's embarrassing to be called human,I feel stupid replying

It's a lot more fun to read than the usual political B.S.

S&F to the OP even if I don't agree with the premise.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Woah, woah, WOAH!

Does this mean Lex Luther is in fact Jesus?!

Er perhaps Michael?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: syndicatesyn

"The Son of Man Must Be Lifted Up — Like the Serpent"
John 3:1–15

Originally, the S was to stand for Superman, and the Native inspiration from his adoptive parents wasn't mentioned until a reboot of Superman and got replaced by another reboot.

If anything Superman might as well be an Archetype of Jesus. Both come from another world( Jesus kingdom not of this one...so it says), both do good deeds, and both die and come back.

Although the idea of the native Serpent having regenerative powers is alot similar to the O.t mention of the Bronze Serpent, who cures venom from snake bites.

Also, what is the image of the beast if you don't mind me asking? It not a snake and Christian these say a goat is the Devil's pet, so I have no idea where this is going to go.

edit on 5-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

It's a lot more fun to read than the usual political B.S.

PROOF that Trump is the Antichrist:

edit on 5-3-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't understand why someone would use that math you were using. I also don't think it matters if this was a blatent sign of satan being used. What difference does it make?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh a d the devil doesn't exist it's an excuse for weak humans not taking responsibility for their own actions.

I don’t think the devil is nonexistent. I think that the devil is the essence of evil in the world, and yes possesses a consciousness. I believe that this evil being willfully seeks the participation of humanity. And yes, I believe that it is the weakness of man that succumbs to evil. Everything has a cause, and everything is caused. So when you look at a sin... just know that it causes something.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i suggest an esorteric background to the Superman Logo:

www.youtube.com...
17:20 minute mark is the text source for the symbol 'S'.....equals to the Greek 'X' (khi)
aka: /snake/beast (in language of birds or gods) see also: Eschatology/Fulcanelli/Masonic/Cyclical Catastrophies/and other occult themes

So, at first reading the Superman Hero figure seems to be the 'White Hat' good guy, always rounding up felons or criminal types who are embedded in Society...
but i am busy with reexamining this action hero, to encompass him being a immune 'carrier' of the future cyclical catastrophe which involves the beast of apocalypse

whose personal 'sign/logo/symbol/ is the 'S' or 'X' which has esoteric meaning of The Sun @ at Its Helicoridal Zenith in Drago the Dragon Constellation whose tail sweeps 1/3 of the Stars from the Sky at the End-Times & makes the Sun-&-Moon to go Dark as the final part of the Prophecy...

Superman may be the catalyst that brings forth the 'Sign-of-Man' Events,
but is not likely the Satan or AntiChrist in the unfolding drama to soon start--->

Superman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. Created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster,
~Wikipedia~

were these creators springboarding their Masonic mystery and occult 'coded' language or is their fictional Clark Kent just a real-life Eagle Scout temperment Adult-hero ?

you be the judge/jury

edit on th31155192513806182019 by St Udio because: tabs corrected

edit on th31155192531506212019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To me it seems like a case of numerology gone Pareidolia: "The psychological phenomenon that causes some people to see or hear a vague or random image or sound as something significant is known as pareidolia." People are always trying to relate things that are new or incomprehensible to something familiar in order to reach understanding and/or control.

I'm not a Superman fan per-se, but maybe I can help with the questions.

originally posted by: syndicatesyn
1) Why is it Diamond shaped? Why Diamond?

The diamond is considered the strongest substance on earth. Superman is a hero who is said to be the strongest on earth, thus this symbol is used in recognition thereof.

2) Why the S is drawn in such a way that it resembles a Serpent? Why not other shape?

Many of us remember in the early 90's, comic sales were down and the pressure for 'cooler' superheroes was in full swing. Batman, by way of Tim Burton and other artists, went 'dark & edgy' while still remaining a good guy. With that success, Superman and others followed suit. Logos went through re-stylings, even entire costumes changed colour. This was confusing but it also woke up a lot of comic readers. The successfully selling elements stuck around while others faded to obscurity.

3) Why the planet Krypton? Why even chose this element which has an atomic number 36?

Superman was a child of the Atomic Age. The world was enamoured with space, science, and technology. The atomic table itself (including the element that turns into a diamond) was a frequently sourced material. The more 'foreign' it sounded (like Krypton) to readers the better, especially since it shares the etymological origin with "Cryptic" as being mysterious or unknown. If you process or stare at any number long enough, the result starts to look like a face or compute out to what you wish it to be.

4) Why the movie "Man of Steel" has similarity to the messiah of the Bible, the savior of the world?

Comics commonly use religious themes, historical, sci-fi and other elements to generate their stories which are eventually processed into movies. Jesus appears in comics a number of times himself like in Thor Volume 1 193, Howard The Duck, referenced in Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol 1 60, and others. Unlike Muhammad, his portrayal isn't forbidden and even is welcomed by some readers/writers. DC Comics got into trouble recently with their own Jesus comic since it went off-course to who many know Jesus to be. These publishers have a large number of people working for them of various faiths, not one person with a single propaganda goal necessarily. Marvel got into hot water with their liberalism push and have recently backed off a bit since it was negatively impacting their comic book sales.

There isn't usually a cognitive dissonance for comic readers between Jesus and super heroes any more than there is for the movie Abraham Lincoln (real) Vampire Hunter (not real). Personally I'm grateful that comics are willing to introduce the concept of being saved by someone else as many religions tell people that a person can only save themselves.

5) Why end the name with "EL"? EL means god. Jor-El, Kal-EL ...

Depends on what book your reading. In spanish "El" is masculine for "The" so maybe he's "The Kale", champion of vegetarian diets in Mexico.

In seriousness though, el is "a suffix that describes a male person (or other creature) in terms of a place of origin or a quality, as defined by the root to which it is added." (en.wiktionary.org...)

I think the lesson here is the same as Jesus to the Pharisees, to not prejudge on sight based on what we know and have experienced when encountering something new. Here's what Superman symbolizes:

"Truth" which is sourced and distributed by God. Superman is not the origin of truth, but an upholder of it.

"Justice" harkens back to Nahum 1:3 of the Bible: "The Lord is slow to anger but great in power; the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished." Again Superman isn't the originator of Justice, but the enforcer.

"The American Way" has nothing to do with the Bible or Jesus other than to say many founders of our nation were at the very least Deists with a desire for a clear understanding of good versus evil.

According to the Bible, Jesus is Lord. Fictitious Superman makes no such claim.
edit on 17-3-2019 by saint4God because: Grammar, links, clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah all that freakily adds up, although 666 might not be the negative thing we believe it to be

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Yeah all that freakily adds up, although 666 might not be the negative thing we believe it to be

According to Revelation it is the number of "a man" which would correspond to the number of the beast. This is something that is going to very obvious to those who have read or even heard of scripture, but likely won't reveal itself until the time has passed. Much like the people who did not recognize Jesus at first appearance, I'm thinking most (if not all) will not recognize the beast on sight. We've been calling every major leader the anti-christ since this passage and though there have been many false prophets, it doesn't appear the anti-christ has emerged yet.

I know that Superman isn't the anti-christ for one reason: he isn't real.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

yeah i suppose, but that's only if you take the bible as verbatim.... and it seems to be mainly analogous.

the OP has nailed Superman in my opinion, it all adds up and links together, and is classic numeroly mixed with hidden symbology... the snake is prevalent and could represent the Kundalini serpent, superman might be an analogy. of how an enlightened human would feel.

people that come up with these things that last are often bring the old into the new, evolving ancient wisdom, keeping it alive........... these are just my thoughts in the moment.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Wow you are an idiot for calling this stupid
Well done you on being a fKing clown

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join