It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KIm Jong Un answers first ever question from a foreign journalist during Vietnam Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Did not see this on the news. All the MSM wanted to run is that nothing was accomplished, that he bashed the family of the man he got home and that Trump came home with no deal. Mind you, a deal that no other sitting POTUS has ever gotten too.

To me this is more historic than there first meeting. Here you can here it from his own mouth and not the MSM head pieces on both sides. There is also some great information that is pulled out of this. There is no rush especially if you are moving forward.

"good results will come out" are his own words.

Look, I do not want to get into the discussion of what this man or his relatives have done but there is a real humanitarian crisis in NK. If we can help them in anyway why would we not?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Look, I do not want to get into the discussion of what this man or his relatives have done but there is a real humanitarian crisis in NK. If we can help them in anyway why would we not?

Why not talk about what he has done? Because fratricide does not fit the agenda here?

Tell us honestly - do you believe what KJU says and do you really think the USA is going to go in and help the people that KJU is starving on purpose, in order to retain his power?

Are we going to go in, flags waving, and rescue all the people in the labor camps?

And what is KJU going to be doing while we're rescuing his people... from him?

edit on 4-3-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Why not talk about what he has done? Because fratricide does not fit the agenda here?

Tell us honestly - do you believe what KJU says and do you really think the USA is going to go in and help the people that KJU is starving on purpose, in order to retain his power?

Are we going to go in, flags waving, and rescue all the people in the labor camps?

And what is KJU going to be doing while we're rescuing his people... from him?

Damn, when you argue it that way it makes perfect sense. We shouldn't try to bring them into the 21st century and maybe see some change. Piss on them. Let's just ignore it and hope it goes away. There's no possible way western influence might help.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I believe the NK can be a capitalist nation in the next 10-15 years if they are assisted. Why not. They no longer need China but China still needs them. Imagine the possibilities of manufacturing.Manufacturing that again would cut into China. They are the global enemy right now not Russia.

If you were them and given an out would you not take it? I have read a lot of foreign press that quotes him as wanting a different future for his children and a different legacy. I know what has happened. For the sake of the people in his country I for one hope this moves forward as it is.

All we have done as a nation and a world is throw money at a problem and use it for leverage in the past.

Why would you not want that? Make NK better.

Full Disclosure - I have also wanted to bomb them back the stone age to make it happen but if this route works it would save a hell of a lot of lives.
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-04T17:36:27-06:000527 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm sure lil Kim Rocket Man is ready to let bygones be bygones. Yeah, that's how Asian Communist do it!!

But the Democrats had to ruin everything!!

www.usnews.com...
edit on 4-3-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If we can have a world where one less area will be prone to war we should help in that regard as well.

I hope President Trump and Supreme Leader(official title not given by me so chill out)Un can come to an agreement that benefits the world.

edit on 4 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This gem...

For the Democrats to interview in open hearings a convicted liar & fraudster, at the same time as the very important Nuclear Summit with North Korea, is perhaps a new low in American politics and may have contributed to the 'walk,'" Trump wrote on Twitter Sunday.

It is about optics. He is not blaming them for the non-signed agreement he is stating that maybe it should have been the main focus of the country and media and not the # show the Cohen hearings were.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Since 1985 the US has tried to negotiate and reel them in. In 1991 we agreed to remove our nukes in SK and they back out. In 2006 they had their first test. Then in 2007 we released 25 million to them. The US pledges oil. Obama tried and did not get a face to face meeting. Then Kim Jong-il dies. His son takes over in 2011. That is only 6 years ago. He fires more missiles. During Obama they took us for foreign aid and when delivered fired a missile. From 2013 to 2016 he Obama administration opts for “strategic patience,” where sanctions are imposed hoping for a regime will return to the negotiating table.

Donald Trump is in office. Kim threatens the US. Trump threatened Kim. Now they are two face to face meetings in. Remember Trump even called off one of the meetings. He did more in a year and a half then 4 sitting presidents and one retired.

Link
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-04T20:26:11-06:000811 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Since 1985 the US has tried to negotiate and reel them in. In 1991 we agreed to remove our nukes in SK and they back out. In 2006 they had their first test. Then in 2007 we released 25 million to them. The US pledges oil. Obama tried and did not get a face to face meeting. Then Kim Jong-il dies. His son takes over in 2011. That is only 6 years ago. He fires more missiles. During Obama they took us for foreign aid and when delivered fired a missile. From 2013 to 2016 he Obama administration opts for “strategic patience,” where sanctions are imposed hoping for a regime will return to the negotiating table.

Donald Trump is in office. Kim threatens the US. Trump threatened Kim. Now they are two face to face meetings in. Remember Trump even called off one of the meetings. He did more in a year and a half then 4 sitting presidents and one retired.

Link

The mere fact that the Media portrays Obama as a Historic Statesmen should strip them of any and all trust and credibility.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It's certainly historic that trump has alienated America's allies and tried to pander to America's enemies.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Wow, President Trump is starting to look much different, almost like a President or senior politician.

The orange tan make up is absent and has been ever since it used to be a major joke among people. He's lost weight, but he's looking more.. tired, wrinkled, more gaunt in the face.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's certainly historic that trump has alienated America's allies and tried to pander to America's enemies.

I think part of your name is transposed.

Who have we alienated again? South Korea or was it Japan, both have a stake in lasting peace? Oh, that's right, nobody has been alienated. You just made that up or pulled it from the fake narrative about the original meeting.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

1. Who is alienated? If you read the media it is confusing. Same day articles

Fact Check All Wrong NPR
Trump is right - CNBC

2. Who is he 'pandering' to? If you read what I posted you would see that every other sitting president for the last 32 years has bent over and given in. Every one.

What is your actual opinion and NOT a talking point from a meme?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
President Trump's open dialogue with Kim Jong Un has proven to be a better approach than any previous administrations' attemp. These talks could eventually end with NK entering into a possible new age. Unlike his predecessors, he's shown a true interest in western culture regarding our entertainment and sports. If he plays his cards right Kim Jong Un could legitimatize his role as a world leader, bring North Korea into the 21st century, and improve the lives his people. All at no risk to his regime.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

There's a humanitarian crisis closer to home at your Southern border that needs addressing but as that's been overly politicised I guess it's not deemed as important , the DPRK crisis could be helped by reducing sanctions put on that country but the President would rather keep the noose tight.

top topics

join