It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC’s chief of staff ran $1M slush fund by diverting campaign cash to his own companies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
She is guilty because I don't like her. Where have I heard that before?

Guilty until proven innocent. Where have I heard that before?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Are you making this face right now, because the answer you'll receive to your questions will demand that you make this face.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
This would be such poetic justice don’t you think dailycaller.com...

BlackJackal might want to read that article. Apparently, AOC and her chief of staff are on the board of that PAC. In fact, they are 2 of the 3 board members. It's going to be really, really hard to believe she didn't know what he was doing.

I did miss that in the article. Thank you for pointing it out. See, how hard is that? I admitted I was wrong and I didn't die.

I have never worked on a PAC so I don't know how the money decisions are made. However, I would expect based of my knowledge of boards of directors for companies that the directors would be aware of large transfers of money. There may be small transfers that the board would not be aware of, but I would believe they would be aware of most. Therefore, unless there is information pertinent to this situation that I am not aware of I would agree that AOC should have been aware of any large transfers of money.

Here is the bottom line. If she is guilty she should be removed from office. Our government is corrupt enough as it is. That's the difference between me and most people on this site. You will not find me defending a politician guilty of a crime.

Right now, this is nothing more than a conservative watchdog group filling an FEC complaint. We have no idea what evidence they have to support their position so for now, there is no way to effectively debate this case.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Well, actually we have a lot of evidence as it's all publicly available. The law prohibits coordination between a PAC and a candidates campaign. She ran a PAC that supported her campaign, that's quite a few steps further than simple coordination. We also know that the PAC gave money to her campaign (again, public information), with her running the PAC this means many people went over the individual contribution limit by laundering money through the PAC then to the campaign. So really, all the evidence needed to convict her (and others if they knew the PAC supported her campaign and that she was on the board of the PAC) is public.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Her lawyers will just say it was all just a "like-kind" exchange 😎

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Well, actually we have a lot of evidence as it's all publicly available. The law prohibits coordination between a PAC and a candidates campaign. She ran a PAC that supported her campaign, that's quite a few steps further than simple coordination. We also know that the PAC gave money to her campaign (again, public information), with her running the PAC this means many people went over the individual contribution limit by laundering money through the PAC then to the campaign. So really, all the evidence needed to convict her (and others if they knew the PAC supported her campaign and that she was on the board of the PAC) is public.

So you are alleging it is illegal for a candidate to be a member of the board of a PAC that donated money to their campaign? What law or regulation states this? If this was against the law then why wasn't this addressed during the election? Especially considering that this information is publically available.

Where is the data that backs up your claim of many individuals giving over the contribution limit? Where is the information showing the money laundering you allege?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This is from 2015:

In announcing Mr. Harber’s guilty plea in February of this year, Justice Department officials highlighted this as the “[f]irst criminal prosecution in the United States based upon the coordination of campaign contributions between political committees.”[1] And the Department committed itself to “addressing the threat posed to the integrity of federal primary and general elections by coordinated campaign contributions… [through] aggressive [prosecution] at every appropriate opportunity.” Statement of Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell, Press Release, United States Department of Justice, February 12, 2015.

So, what must a candidate or PAC manager do to avoid having the FBI show up with subpoenas and a long list of questions? How can you avoid the pain of a grand jury investigation? And how can you learn from Mr. Harber’s prosecution? First, don’t coordinate. Maintain a strict and demonstrable distance between the official campaign organization and any PAC that advocates for your candidate or against his or her opponent. Be ready to demonstrate – dare I say prove – that there is no coordinating relationship. Second, avoid filling the ranks of the PAC with long-time campaign operatives with close political and even family ties to the candidate. These will be clear red flags. Third, consider that regular campaign lawyers may not be the best source for advice on what constitutes coordination and to provide “advice of counsel” cover for any action you choose to take. You’ll need help in ensuring compliance with the law, talking plainly to an army of political operatives and supporters and providing you with a viable legal defense when the Department of Justice comes calling. Because, no matter what you think of Tyler Harber, the Justice Department is coming.

Campaign Coordination: Warning to Political Candidates and Related Super PACs

She got caught with her hand caught in the cookie jar.

More related to the case from above:

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Tyler Eugene Harber, 34, of Alexandria, a former campaign finance manager and political consultant, was sentenced today to 24 months in prison, followed by two years of supervised release for coordinating $325,000 in federal election campaign contributions by a political action committee (PAC) to a Congressional campaign committee.

This is the first criminal prosecution in the United States based upon the coordination of campaign contributions between political committees. As a condition of Harber’s supervised release, he is prohibited from participating in a political campaign for the duration of his supervised release.

“Campaign finance laws exist to guard against illegal activity such as coordinated campaign contributions,” said Dana J. Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. “The citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia can rely on this office enforce federal campaign finance law.”

Alexandria Man Sentenced to 24 Months in Prison for Coordinated Campaign Contributions and False Statements - DOJ website
edit on 6-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: added extra info on previous case

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

From Alexandria, seriously? You couldn't write this stuff.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I am guessing BlackJackal will have to abandon this thread since actual facts and case history are now being cited.

But I am guessing if the FEC goes to investigate AOC, the house democrats will just lump the FEC into the Trump witch-hunt. What’s another 20 subpoenas on top of the 80 already issued.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Oh, dear... seems like someone went too far and forgot their way back. Let's see, what have we got so far on this little cutie?
  • She thought she would get an inauguration when she won.
  • She thought her job would be signing bills into law.
  • She couldn't figure out how to get an apartment.
  • She participated in a protest outside Nancy Pelosi's office.
  • She thinks she's the "boss."
  • She held a question-and-answer session where she talked about how corrupt Donald Trump is.
  • She held a celebration over her own district losing a lucrative agreement with Amazon, which cost her constituents thousands of jobs, millions in pay, and more millions in tax revenue.
  • Claimed the earth would be gone within 12 years of we don't change everything about our economy.
  • She sponsored a "New Green Deal" which included:
    • Getting rid of airplanes.
    • Replacing transportation with high-speed trains.
    • Getting rid of hamburgers (beef) because of cow farts.
    • Upgrading or replacing every building in the US within 10 years.
    • Getting rid of all fossil fuels (aka going back to cave living).
    • Destroying the farming industry by making it impossible to operate equipment.
  • Still let her staffers eat hamburgers in front of the press.
  • Flew from New York to DC by plane instead of taking the train so she could save a couple of hours for her constituents.
  • Got caught in a campaign finance scandal within two months of taking office.

The girl's got energy, I'll give her that!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what point you are attempting to make. You have claimed that there is public documentation that shows AOC coordinated her PAC with her campaign. Where are those documents that prove she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar?

I read both of your links and neither one state or reference any laws that make it illegal for a candidate to serve on the board of a PAC.

So far, there is a complaint filed with the FEC from a conservative watch dog group and that is it. Where is this other information that you have referenced which proves the crime?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So this was the guy feeding AOC dark money.
No wonder she allows him to eat a hamburger in her presence.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I am guessing BlackJackal will have to abandon this thread since actual facts and case history are now being cited.

But I am guessing if the FEC goes to investigate AOC, the house democrats will just lump the FEC into the Trump witch-hunt. What’s another 20 subpoenas on top of the 80 already issued.

So far, the only information that has been presented is a complaint from a conservative watch dog group against AOC. As you are undoubtedly aware FEC complaints are a common occurrence and rarely lead to criminal charges.

Another user of this site has made the assertion public documents exist which show the coordination of AOC’s PAC and her campaign. So far, these documents have not been produced. If these documents are produced and they clearly corroborate the crime, I will not abandon the thread. I will admit that said user was correct and that AOC needs to be removed from office.

You see, I hold all elected officials to the same standard. If they commit crimes or abuse the public trust, they no longer deserve to be in the government. This is why I have such a hard time understanding why a sizable minority of Americans defend Trump no matter what he does. I think the man was correct when he said “I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and they will still vote for me”.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Do they serve hamburgers in jail?
Would there be a vegan option?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I heard a report last nite that the only thing wrong with the transfer is that the labeling of such was not specific enough. If i remember correctly the transfer was legal and had to be detailed specific as to what the fund payments were for. They said that the guy labeled the payment "specifically for campaign work" or something to that effect.

If that is the case then this is a nothing burger that can be cleared up by simply submitting a more detailed invoice for the funds.

Unless they try to set some new precedent to severely punish people for being smart asses. If the latter is the case then i am going underground.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Do they serve hamburgers in jail?
Would there be a vegan option?

Orange is the New Green.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Another user of this site has made the assertion public documents exist which show the coordination of AOC’s PAC and her campaign. So far, these documents have not been produced. If these documents are produced

Why would the documents need to be produced if they are already public?

edit on 6-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff illegally moved $885G in campaign contributions 'off the books,' FEC complaint alleges

www.foxnews.com...

The complaint was drafted by the conservative, Virginia-based National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC). Ocasio-Cortez and Chakrabarti, according to the NLPC's complaint, appeared to have "orchestrated an extensive off-the-books operation to make hundreds of thousands of dollars of expenditures in support of multiple candidates for federal office."

The funds, the NLPC writes, were likely spent on campaign events for Ocasio-Cortez and other far-left Democratic candidates favored by Chakrabarti, who made his fortune in Silicon Valley and previously worked on Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign. But no precise accounting for the expenses is available, and the complaint asks the FEC to conduct an investigation into the matter immediately.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Other words, the money going in is not matching the money going out.

embezzle
to appropriate (something, such as property entrusted to one's care) fraudulently to one's own use
www.merriam-webster.com...

embezzle
to appropriate fraudulently to one's own use, as money or property entrusted to one's care.

www.dictionary.com...

Seems rather textbook.....

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They serve hamberders. And "they" would be you guys with your Alexsatana Occasionally Cortez obsession.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join