It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unethical business practices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I tried to run my business honestly, choosing customers who were honest too.

That's is exactly the problem! Many customers are just as bad. They want cheap but looks good.
Quality usually costs money. I think this is why a lot of our manufacturing went overseas.
Made in the USA usually meant quality. I have dishes I bought over a decade ago made in the USA. I know they don't have poisonous lead, I know they employed Americans. My set still looks brand new. The cost was around 4x that of regular, made out of country brands.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

ETA: Whistle blowers aren't usually considered a good choice for hire and there is a blacklist out there so be careful.

YES this! Keep in mind HR is 10000000000% to protect the interests of the company. They make it like it is there
to protect the employees but it isn't.

also on a side note, you should start a thread on unknown job search tips, you gave some good advice!

I've done a lot of SEO research by making my own websites, and there are radio commercials that promote the screening processes involved (I'm thinking InDeed.com in particular). However, it took someone to point that out to me after I went for long periods without any replies to my job applications. Seems so obvious to me now. Plus I knew one guy that got blacklisted, different HR departments stay in touch so that list gets around.

Merely my own experience in job searching that made me come to these conclusions, most of which I just posted. I'm no expert, just someone who got tired of hitting his head against the wall when applying for jobs.

One other part is landing the job. When you do get an interview, there are important answers and tactics during that part of the process I haven't touched on. I've got a few ideas for this part, but I haven't done much research in this area so I'd rather not go there at the moment.

Then there is the idea that being your own boss as a good way to go if you find it hard to find a good job for your situation. That is a hard road to travel and requires a lot of work and research to do. One key thing is identifying opportunities and being able to take advantage of them. Having access to money is pretty important too, starting on a shoestring is esp. difficult. Basically don't go with what you want to pursue in creating a business, but chose something that is fairly certain to work. Find a demand then a way to fill it and get around the potential competition for the most part. Not that I'm any expert in that area either.
edit on 4-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Unethical, are they breaking the law? Did you know you are breaking the law by recording people without their consent in Florida and likely violating the terms of your employment?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Being in business a little like playing this game:

boardgamegeek.com...

It's just the age we live in. You know, neighbor brown shirting neighbor.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

I tried to run my business honestly, choosing customers who were honest too.

That's is exactly the problem! Many customers are just as bad. They want cheap but looks good.
Quality usually costs money. I think this is why a lot of our manufacturing went overseas.
Made in the USA usually meant quality. I have dishes I bought over a decade ago made in the USA. I know they don't have poisonous lead, I know they employed Americans. My set still looks brand new. The cost was around 4x that of regular, made out of country brands.

American consumer has no understanding of value anymore... it is all about lowest cost, so business responds in kind.

I work in a commission business. People literally think nothing of wasting my time for hours and asking for my expertise only to go to a competitor to save $50 on a transaction involving hundreds if not millions of dollars.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I worked for a big corporation in early 70's 80's ,sold many times,the last would push to try and deceive customers,I just started having children and didn't want them growing up this way so I started my own company,I may have made more money and much bigger retirement but the most important thing I kept was my self esteem all a man has

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If the job I did or the company I worked for didn't line up with my personal values and ethics, I'd quit and find something else. Simple. Seems like you're making it more difficult than it has to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join