It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times admits that women are tied and gagged during illegal border crossings.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Soooo, was it hyperbolic exaggerating when the left was telling us about the humanitarian crisis at the border?

I thought that the outcry over those children was just, however I disagreed with the ileft not taking some of the blame for policies set in place prior to the Trump administration

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

An example of such can be found in many places. The closest examples are county and state borders. There are reasons why no one is calling for walls between the states. Such examples are functional open borders and are enforced through cooperation and valid laws.

ROFLOL... The reason why states don't have walls between them is because everyone, or most people, in those states are legal residents or citizens of that country...

Seriously, absurd arguments like the one you made are the same type of asinine diatribe that we would expect from dumbocrat AOC.

Every country has borders in which they enforce their immigration laws and try to stop illegal immigration...

edit on 4-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So yes, sex trafficing is real and it is brutal, so let's stop it. But it's nature is not as simple as this story would make it out to be. Focusing on stopping the sex trafficing across the southern border by building a wall to stop the percentage that come in through that channel will not stop the epidemic.

If a wall curbs sex trafficking, even the slightest, it will be worth ever penny. Speaking of pennies, the wall costs pennies in comparison to most crap the government spends money on.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: neo96
The open borders crowd are the biggest sex slave traffickers in the western hemisphere.

Of course they won't ever admit such a thing.

So anyone who would like to see a functional open border are also sex traffickers?

Fox news is that you?

Yes.

And they are also:

Pro-Corporate slavery.
Pro human trafficking.
Pro-sex slavery.
Pro-child sex slavery.
Pro Cartel.

And last but not least the open borders crowd are virulently anti-Black as mass immigration hits the black community first and hardest.

Have any more stupid questions I can answer for ya?

You confused hate with a redundant answer.

I think the whole sex accusations fall on both sides of the equation and such is illegal with or without walling ourselves in. The corporate accusation is not aimed correctly and gov. are pro corporation and the main reason is because it takes one to love one.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

An example of such can be found in many places. The closest examples are county and state borders. There are reasons why no one is calling for walls between the states. Such examples are functional open borders and are enforced through cooperation and valid laws.

ROFLOL... The reason why states don't have walls between them is because everyone, or most people, in those states are legal residents or citizens of that country...

Seriously, absurd arguments like the one you made are the same type of asinine diatribe that we would expect from dumbocrat AOC.

Every country has borders in which they enforce their immigration laws and try to stop illegal immigration...

I like how you claim reasons for states not having walls then you switch straight to sayin things about borders.

If you do not like the example of states even though laws vary from state to state and states still manage to deal with stuff without walling themselves in then how about the northern border there is no wall there and in the majority of the world countries are separates by borders without walls but i am sure you will not let facts get in your way here.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They should call it was it is.
Slave trading to america.
Slavery in america.

I bet the black will Hate that!
that they are no longer the one to make that claim!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have not doubt that women are tied and gagged during illegal border crossings, men too for that matter. But that does not support Trump's perspective that it is a typical scenario any more than nearly everyone wanting to immigrate to America is bad. If so, that means by extension that nearly everyone in America is bad. Why? Because nearly all of us are immigrants or their descendants. And, I don't know about you, but I resent that Donald would suggest that I am a bad person.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I like how you claim reasons for states not having walls then you switch straight to sayin things about borders.

If you do not like the example of states even though laws vary from state to state and states still manage to deal with stuff without walling themselves in then how about the northern border there is no wall there and in the majority of the world countries are separates by borders without walls but i am sure you will not let facts get in your way here.

You must be incredibly well traveled or you're just pushing a lie that you just parrot from what you hear. Of course all of us know which is the case. Same agenda different user name.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

You must be incredibly well traveled or you're just pushing a lie that you just parrot from what you hear. Of course all of us know which is the case. Same agenda different user name.

Seems like you are all out of logic so you resort to personal attacks.

How about make a point on something other than your perception of my self.

I think you may be trying to claim that most countries are separated by walls or that it is impossible to know if any walls exist unless one travels the world.

Fact is that most countries do not have walls. Some do.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Focusing on stopping the sex trafficing across the southern border by building a wall to stop the percentage that come in through that channel will not stop the epidemic. 

Yep, and until we can find one single solution that will stop the entire epidemic, we wont entertain any other ideas.

As you wisely stated, the wall wont stop 100% of trafficking, so therefore it's not worth it.

It would only stop some of it and apparently we dont WANT to stop only some of it.

So let's just twiddle our thumbs for another decade or two while we try to figure out that one Holy Grail that will stop all trafficking in one fell swoop.

Oh, what's that?? You say it's going to take MORE THAN ONE method?? And the wall is just one of those methods?

So in other words, people who go around saying "The wall wont solve human trafficking 100% so it's not worth it." are just being incredibly, insanely obtuse, and are doing so intentionally because "everything Trump is BAAAAAAD.... def-definitely BAAAAAAD..."?

Oh. Okay then.
edit on 3/5/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

WASHINGTON—Hundreds of thousands of people head to the United States every year in search of a better life, many by paying a smuggler thousands of dollars to get them in the back door—across the southwest border illegally. Others, as in the recent bust of a sex-trafficking ring in Florida, are lured by temporary work visas and then forced into servitude.

Child Prostitution.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I'm sure we can both recognize that the problem of undocumented aliens is not a new one. It goes waaaaaaaaaaaay back.
One of the solutions that was suggested ages ago, back when I first began to observe this problem, was to crack down on employers who employed undocumented people. Go after those manufacturing plants and lock up the owners. Go after those building contractors and lock em up. Find the farms that hire undocumented laborers, take away their farms and lock em up.

Destroy the incentive for people to come here illegally. Establish work programs like the old Brazzero programs where low wage workers who wanted to pick the fields and sent the money home could do just that. Then at the end of the season, be it growing or building, home they went with the wages they made already sent home ahead of them. Then come back again next season.

But that did not happen. There was, in my entire life, no concerted effort to do this. One little company would be found hiring undocumented workers and they would get their hand's slapped. Some small fine and tomorrow they were right back at it.

And those employers who employed undocumented workers hid out with the protection of both major political parties, though at least the Democrat party gave it more lip service than the Republicans. But even that was for the most part lip service.

Now this whole problem has become exacerbated. By looking the other way so that companies could hire cheap labor with little to no push back from government, it has become a wide spread problem of illegality. Smuggling and sex trafficing and drug importing, all illegal.

So once again the laws that we had were not enforced and not enough laws were written to discourage American employers to not break what laws there were.

So workers were enticed to break the laws by already established American companies and farms etc. Once those workers became illegal because there were no programs to handle import of low wage workers, they became law breakers just because they wanted to work. Once they were already criminals, the whole criminality of illegal aliens got worse.

So we have done next to nothing to kill the incentive for people to come here while at the same time holding out these great promises of both legitamate employment such as field work but illegal enterprise as well.

That is where I place the blame. Building a wall to hold back the hoards that have been taught that the US is the Emerals City of Oz, to me is not a solution but rather just a knee jerk reaction to the much larger problem of American companies and individuals who shun our laws for their own needs.

And yes, there are those who say all things Trump bad. And they are part of the problem, because Trump is not the problem here, he is only a symptom of our larger problems. Had Trump come out and put forth a policy of domestic crack down on employers of undocumented workers I would have applauded him and backed him completely in that endeavor. But rather than that all he could come up with was to echo that old conservative hack of build a wall to protect us from the hoards. I just can't for even a moment believe that to Trump, the wall is anything more than bait for his base.

But to counter my own argument here, all that enforcement would mean we needed more governmental oversight of those laws. We would need governmental programs for documentation and enforcement and we know that that will not fly with those who propound the notion of smaller government.

Of course another solution would be to take government out of the equation entirely. Just strip off all of those laws and allow any marksman who wishes the freedom to take their arms to the border and target practice on anyone attempting to cross illegally. Naw, forget that, I'm just getting stupid now.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: neo96
The open borders crowd are the biggest sex slave traffickers in the western hemisphere.

Of course they won't ever admit such a thing.

So anyone who would like to see a functional open border are also sex traffickers?

Fox news is that you?

Describe a functional open border.

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

The majority of borders function without a wall. Actually very few have a wall. In the usa we have county state and federal borders functioning without a wall.

The issue is political not logistical.

And the majority of borders also have stricter immigration laws than we.

Your USA example is, quite plainly, an idiotic apples and oranges comparison.

Stop laughing and use your brain.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yea well immigration is not the problem here. It is asylum and many countries are having similar issues.

No wall will fix this.

Let the people in give them a couple year visa and send them back home.

I was hearing today that this month 76000 people have crossed and the majority are from Guatemala and they are looking for temporary work cause the coffee market there is down by half.

It is simple just get them to drop their asylum claim and issue a temporary work visa so they can go home with a savings account.

Problem solved next.

lolerz

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Seems like you are all out of logic so you resort to personal attacks.

How about make a point on something other than your perception of my self.

I think you may be trying to claim that most countries are separated by walls or that it is impossible to know if any walls exist unless one travels the world.

Fact is that most countries do not have walls. Some do.

All out of logic? Every single response you've had to everybody is same thing repeated over and over in spite of facts that contradict what you're saying. I don't see how saying the reality anybody can plainly see is a personal attack.

Other countries don't have walls. Great... and a bunch of them don't have clean water and proper sewage disposal in large portions of their population. Should the US start dismantling our water and sewer infrastructure too? It doesn't matter what most countries do. Most countries do not have Mexico and Central America on their southern border.

I don't even care about the wall that much. I want the problem solved, but I'm so sick of the BS people are coming up with because.... Trump.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

All out of logic? Every single response you've had to everybody is same thing repeated over and over in spite of facts that contradict what you're saying

Well then do give me the facts and we can discuss them if you would like.

Trump is heading this show and perhaps not take things people here so personally.

It is a valid example that both first and third world countries are dealing with their problems without walling themselves in.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

All out of logic? Every single response you've had to everybody is same thing repeated over and over in spite of facts that contradict what you're saying

Well then do give me the facts and we can discuss them if you would like.

Trump is heading this show and perhaps not take things people here so personally.

It is a valid example that both first and third world countries are dealing with their problems without walling themselves in.

You were given facts. You seem to not follow the flow of information very well. As for the second two I have no idea what it means. What is a valid example? You didn't give any. People here so personally? Do you mean I shouldn't take things so personally? I can assure you I'm not taking it personally and right now I'm not even taking it seriously.

Good day I'm out.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That's what i thought. Nothing but hate for my point of view. Nothing to back up your claims against my post.

Fact is that no one knew what in the world potus was talking about when he made the statement about people driving thru the desert with 3 girls duck tapes in the back seat then go left.

I do not think any one will deny that a few have been kidnapped and taken across the border but that is an extreme minority of cases since released numbers today show 76000 people this month have crossed the border and surrendered to authorities and they are coming looking for work.

edit on 5-3-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The fact is, no other country on Earth has such a lax position on border security. The reason for this is quite simple, if you can't protect your borders, you can not protect you country and by extension your constituents and their interests.

I am all for people coming here to realize an opportunity and to better their lives as long as it is done in a way that conforms to current US law. With that said, I have 0 tolerance for those that make a conscious choice to circumvent those laws and decide to the put the burden on the American tax payer.

I understand special circumstance and that is what the courts are for so I will leave those issues to them but as a general rule, If you come to my country illegally then I will now and continue to demand your immediate deportation and ask you be charged with a crime as it would be with any other country on Earth.

The American far leaning left can decide its not an issue for them but they don't get decide if it's an issue for our taxpayers and certainly don't get a pass on law because of purposeful indoctrination and direction to the welfare state they created and of which all of their support comes from.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yea well immigration is not the problem here. It is asylum and many countries are having similar issues.

No wall will fix this.

Let the people in give them a couple year visa and send them back home.

I was hearing today that this month 76000 people have crossed and the majority are from Guatemala and they are looking for temporary work cause the coffee market there is down by half.

It is simple just get them to drop their asylum claim and issue a temporary work visa so they can go home with a savings account.

Problem solved next.

lolerz

No, that does not solve the problem. Do you expect them to build a life for a couple years and then willingly leave when the time comes?

How naive are you? Stop looking at the issue through an emotional lens, you're not helping anyone by doing that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join