It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times admits that women are tied and gagged during illegal border crossings.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Don't be silly Wide. It's not ok, nor did I indicate that I think it is. But crying wolf is not ok either. Hyperbolic exaggerating things like this can tend to minimalize the reality and seriousness of the crimes.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So THIS, from a failing news paper? LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
The original Post article cites information that claims that

those who spoke with The Post did not rule out the possibility that there are female trafficking victims near the border who have been bound or gagged. They were also careful to make clear that they could not speak for what others, such as law enforcement officials, may have told the president.

“Could it happen? Sure, it could,” Yang said.

In that article, the Post cites source after source from people who work in agencies that deal with this problem and one after another say that the story that Trump is telling is exaggerated.

So, if all those profesional's cited in the original article claim that Trump is exagerating, where did Trump get his information?

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on the origins of the president’s talking point. Questions sent to the national and state public affairs offices for U.S. Customs and Border Protection were not answered

The source cited for this thread was Fox News, reporting on a Times article which according to Fox, counters the Post reporting by cherry picking parts of the Times article. The Times article does report on mouth taping but also claims that they could not find that it was as wide spread as Trump has indicated.

As well, two of the few cases cited in the Times article were of border control agents acting on their own and taking women hostage for their own sex related intentions.

So yes, there is sex trafficing across the southern border, but will a wall stop it? Not if the women are being brougt in by boat or plane. Not if the women being brought in are from other locations like Asia. As a matter of interest, those brothels in Florida that that football owner was allegedly visiting, weren't they Asian women? Did they come in from an un walled border or other means.

So yes, sex trafficing is real and it is brutal, so let's stop it. But it's nature is not as simple as this story would make it out to be. Focusing on stopping the sex trafficing across the southern border by building a wall to stop the percentage that come in through that channel will not stop the epidemic.

And oh, as to the Fox reporting on the Times rebutting the Post, well, from one vantage point that would be fake news reporting on fake news reporting on fake news.

Trump does exaggerate, but it is happening to many women who are coming here. So where do you draw the line as acceptable, is one in five acceptable to have raped? This should be stopped, the only way it can be stopped is to put illegal traffickers out of business. Block seventy five percent of the border and concentrate the labor on watching the other twenty five percent. It will save the American people money in the long run, patrolling that border is expensive. Some people will lose their jobs once the wall is built, but the wall will save taxpayers money in the longrun. That was a great Democrat Idea, building that wall. What the hell happened to the Democrats, they should be happy their idea is being integrated instead of fighting it just take credit for it. But now that they stupidly deny it is needed, they cannot turn back and steal the glory anymore. Who the hell is steering the Democrats the wrong way these days, they are not listening to rational input anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who are the open borders crowd though? besides anarchists, everyone has stated they still want borders, from Hillary to Sanders and beyond

and just so you don't play any "gotcha" remarks, being for open borders is not supporting sex-trafficking, I know that might not fit your hyperbolic statements to provoke people up, but facts are facts

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We all would like to see an end to sex trafficing. But will a wall over 75 percent of the border serve to stem the flow of women in slavery from crossing the southern border? You think so while then focusing human labor on the other 25%.
I don't know as just how many come across the border in that 75%. And again, it is not just women from south of the border that are being driven into that trade. Was not that bordello in Florida filled with women of Asian descent? And women who have gotten themselves lost who were born here and leave home and coerced into it or kidnapped and put into it.

To me, sex trafficing is not just a problem with the ''southern border''. So if this is the reason for the wall then I think that we should focus our attention on the whole problem not just one aspect of it. A wall will not be enough.

The wall is to my think only a symbol, a symbol that can be dug under or torn down or whatever. It is a symbol to serve the impulses of fear from ravening hoards. Trump knows this and finds every reason he can to promote it because he wants to keep that base happy with him.

I think that that is the issue with liberals. They know that Trump could really give a whit about any of that and is seeking the easiest way to pacify his base rather than taking on this issue in a real and effective manner.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

We all would like to see an end to sex trafficing. But will a wall over 75 percent of the border serve to stem the flow of women in slavery from crossing the southern border? You think so while then focusing human labor on the other 25%.
I don't know as just how many come across the border in that 75%. And again, it is not just women from south of the border that are being driven into that trade. Was not that bordello in Florida filled with women of Asian descent? And women who have gotten themselves lost who were born here and leave home and coerced into it or kidnapped and put into it.

To me, sex trafficing is not just a problem with the ''southern border''. So if this is the reason for the wall then I think that we should focus our attention on the whole problem not just one aspect of it. A wall will not be enough.

The wall is to my think only a symbol, a symbol that can be dug under or torn down or whatever. It is a symbol to serve the impulses of fear from ravening hoards. Trump knows this and finds every reason he can to promote it because he wants to keep that base happy with him.

I think that that is the issue with liberals. They know that Trump could really give a whit about any of that and is seeking the easiest way to pacify his base rather than taking on this issue in a real and effective manner.

The majority of the raped women do not enter the sex slave industry. Most just want a better life and I see no problem with them looking for a better life. But is coming into the USA illegally and spending your life afraid of getting caught a better life? No. I think we should do something like seal the border better and lower the costs so good people can get here to work legally. The money saved by building the wall by reduced labor costs can be diverted to train people to help immigrants get here legally. The cost of lawyers for an immigrant to get into this country is atrocious. Why should only the rich people be able to get in? On top of that, legal immigrants get paid better than most illegals for the same work.

I am strongly against people trying to protect illegal immigration, it causes suppression of a class of people, it is worse than racism in my thoughts because these people usually work for less than citizens do for the same work.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
maybe they should also report on all the border guards that rape people as well

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: neo96

Who are the open borders crowd though? besides anarchists, everyone has stated they still want borders, from Hillary to Sanders and beyond

and just so you don't play any "gotcha" remarks, being for open borders is not supporting sex-trafficking, I know that might not fit your hyperbolic statements to provoke people up, but facts are facts

It's not what they *SAY* it's what they do and don't do 😎

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

maybe they should show the border guard rapists the gillette advert.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Don't be silly Wide. It's not ok, nor did I indicate that I think it is. But crying wolf is not ok either. Hyperbolic exaggerating things like this can tend to minimalize the reality and seriousness of the crimes.

Soooo, was it hyperbolic exaggerating when the left was telling us about the humanitarian crisis at the border? All those families torn apart? Wouldn't it be great if they were still together, south of our border, where they were before crossing?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: neo96
The open borders crowd are the biggest sex slave traffickers in the western hemisphere.

Of course they won't ever admit such a thing.

So anyone who would like to see a functional open border are also sex traffickers?

Fox news is that you?

Describe a functional open border.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The open borders crowd are the biggest sex slave traffickers in the western hemisphere.

So anyone who would like to see a functional open border are also sex traffickers?

Fox news is that you?

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

The majority of borders function without a wall. Actually very few have a wall. In the usa we have county state and federal borders functioning without a wall.

The issue is political not logistical.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Fox news is that you?

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

The majority of borders function without a wall. Actually very few have a wall. In the usa we have county state and federal borders functioning without a wall.

LOLZERS, TEE HEE. We also have more miles of wall internally than on either border. Ever been on the interstate in any major city? Walls. I95 in Florida alone probably has more total lenth of wall than what's on the southern border.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Fox news is that you?

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

LOLZERS, TEE HEE. We also have more miles of wall internally than on either border. Ever been on the interstate in any major city? Walls. I95 in Florida alone probably has more total lenth of wall than what's on the southern border.

Believe it or not i thought about that. Then i thought of all those two lane roads separated by paint.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Fox news is that you?

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

Believe it or not i thought about that. Then i thought of all those two lane roads separated by paint.

So there are roads that are federal on one side and state on the other and the line in the middle is a border between federal and state? Please direct me to the location on a map where I can observe this. Otherwise I stand by the fact that state and federal highways have walls for borders many orders of magnitude longer than our current southern border.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Fox news is that you?

LOLERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look up!

So there are roads that are federal on one side and state on the other and the line in the middle is a border between federal and state? Please direct me to the location on a map where I can observe this. Otherwise I stand by the fact that state and federal highways have walls for borders many orders of magnitude longer than our current southern border.

You stand by that! I was not following you exactly. I do however believe it is not relevant at all. Roads in most cases are not separating people the way border separate them.

There are far more roads without walls that there are with walls and most with are in cities just like the walls on the border. Anyhow not the same very much.

By that logic we could just claim property fences and such.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And the resident Leftists and Stalinists will continue using the tape thing as a "Trump Lie" 6 months from now like they do with everything else.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Fox news is that you?

Yes.

And they are also:

Pro-Corporate slavery.
Pro human trafficking.
Pro-sex slavery.
Pro-child sex slavery.
Pro Cartel.

And last but not least the open borders crowd are virulently anti-Black as mass immigration hits the black community first and hardest.

Have any more stupid questions I can answer for ya?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Or they end up with some evil family member they don't really know, that markets them as slave labor or sex objects.

This happens with both young and older women. Sometimes even young boys.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: XAnarchistX

maybe they should show the border guard rapists the gillette advert.

You know what would prevent that issue 100%?

Don't try and cross the border illegally.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join