It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictator claims he didn't know of torture; President states "I will take him at his word"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Bluntone22

North Korea's internal policies should be irrelevant in diplomacy with them.

The job of the west is not to police the world.

Yeah, it's not like he gave a crap ton of cash to iran while they still stone women for adultery.

Not this fiction again.

That money was Iran's to begin with and was frozen following the 1979 revolution.

Yup, and I didnt say it was our money.
We did return it and got nothing for doing so.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Beware of the "rumortologists" 😎

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

North Korea's internal policies should be irrelevant in diplomacy with them.

The job of the west is not to police the world.

Yeah, it's not like he gave a crap ton of cash to iran while they still stone women for adultery.

Not this fiction again.

That money was Iran's to begin with and was frozen following the 1979 revolution.

And yet it was weak spined Obama who paid it, to? back? Whatever you want to call it. And sending 5 jailed known terrorist back home for a deserter converted Muslim. A lot of great moves by that guy.
If watching peace talk is tough, then turn off the outside world.

When the FBI was learning about serial killers, they met, talked, even acted friends with them. Bought em cokes, played games, and had long talks with incarcerated killers. Intelligent people know they weren’t really friends with them, but gathering intel.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew
I was just about to mention Abu Graib...how soon we forget.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So now we trust the intel community holds the American people as its priority?

LMAO.

Faux faith at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

And yet it was weak spined Obama who paid it, to? back? Whatever you want to call it. And sending 5 jailed known terrorist back home for a deserter converted Muslim. A lot of great moves by that guy. 

Yep. At least Trump's lies are trivial.

These tired excuses for Obama and co are so debunked, you would need a gigaflop hard drive to store them all.

edit on 432019 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's small potatoes compared to the Democrats petition to let China into the WTO

Dems have no issue ignoring the chinese dictatorships crimes

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another horrible nightmare unfolding 😀

They're mad Trump didn't blow up the world.

Of course they are because they said he would, and every day we go along and he doesn't in some way, they are wrong and that ticks them off.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know. I have no doubt Kim likely didn't specifically know what happened. Do you expect him to be personally involved in every single prisoner's fate in his own country?

That's like saying that Trump specifically knew about what was happening to illegal child X or Y in ICE custody. Trump personally knows nothing about that because he's not down there making the acquaintance of every single one.

At best, Kim sets the policy, and there may have been a policy under which Warmbier was handled that allowed whatever it was to happen to him. At the same time, there may not have been such a policy. North Korean policy might be different for foreign prisoners from various places just because they are foreign prisoners from places and can be used for political leverage. It could very well have been that Warmbier got handled incorrectly and someone got fed to the dogs, literally, in North Korea for that mistake.

No one knows.

But the insulation between Kim and circumstances on the ground provide that level of plausible deniability. Kim can say with a straight face that he didn't know what was going on not precisely be lying for the reasons I just explained.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You do know a Gigaflop is a measure of speed and not a unit of storage measurement right?

Sorry off topic.

Was the tourist tortured? Most likely. Is it horrible? Absolutely. Do we all want to ensure that it doesn't happen again, maybe have an agreement with the guy who runs the country that they'll ensure that special steps are taken to prevent it? I should friggin' hope so.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Dr UAE
so you want more sanctions and another war?

The war never ended.

I meant war that has blood involved, do you want that?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: BlackJackal

with Trump as president many of the pillars of American society that have stood for decades fall on a regular basis.

Everyday there are folks who say the same thing and continue to wonder why they are not taken seriously.

In conclusion, this is just the latest incident in which our president sides with a dictator over American intelligence and American values.

So now we trust the intel community holds the American people as its priority?

I repeat;
Everyday there are folks who say the same thing and continue to wonder why they are not taken seriously.

So what is your argument? Since other people make nebulous claims that are not taken seriously, all claims should be ignored?

If I had outlined a claim that George Bush murdered a former nanny would you argue that a lot of people make claims about murders all the time?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: BlackJackal

Plausible deniability. It's how it's done in the community :-) My CO laid out the rules of engagement and information gathering. He just wanted the job done and at arms length to him, he didn't want to know how the info was extracted, just that it was and it was reliable. Unless my CO did the "work" himself, he wouldn't know who did what. So did Kim "know"? I'd say he might have or might not have, we may never know for sure.

Cheers - Dave

I understand your point of view but our western ideas of how government communication occurs does not correlate to a dictatorship. In North Korea, Kim is aware of anything occurring within his country of any importance. Based on how Otto was used as a political pawn against the US it is plain as day that Kim was aware of his handling.

Even if he didn’t know he is still ultimately responsible for what happened to Otto and Trump should be ashamed for backing up Kim. Think about it. Our president went to bat for a dictator whose regime tortured and murdered a US citizen.

Is that what you want out of your president?

Forget Republican or Democrat, Red or Blue. Just look at this situation through the lens of what a great leader should be. Is this the behavior of a great leader who puts his people first?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There isn't going to be one, stop being hyperbolic. Fatty Fats doesn't want his supply of hookers, Remy and beef to be cut off but he still is playing Trump just like he played Obama and his fat eff father played their predecessors.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

so you want more sanctions and another war?

I see it more as Trump should have not commented.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There isn't going to be one, stop being hyperbolic. Fatty Fats doesn't want his supply of hookers, Remy and beef to be cut off but he still is playing Trump just like he played Obama and his fat eff father played their predecessors.
Care to explain the process with which they were "played"?

Kthx.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

My bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Kthx.

Summit after summit and agreement after agreement and do they or do they not have nukes and are they not still maintaining/developing them?

Fatty Boombah and his daddy enjoy the attention and never had any intention of doing what they said. Their track record for deception is well clear, anyone who isn't seeing it is being willfully blind.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Kthx.

[snipped off]

Fatty Boombah and his daddy enjoy the attention and never had any intention of doing what they said. Their track record for deception is well clear, anyone who isn't seeing it is being willfully blind.

And if Fatty Kim eventually "agrees", we can call him Fatty "Are"Buckle 😃

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You should trademark that now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join