It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Booms are Back.....North Carolina Shakes and Nobody Knows the Cause

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
"The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office said their phones have been ringing off the hook. They sent deputies out to search for the source of the noise, but they do not have any idea where it came from."

North Carolina is not a stranger to the phenomena of mysterious booms. They seem to come and go, but lately they seem to be returning. Some folks say they are frost quakes, but not in an area that has not seen any snow, and when temps have remained above freezing for a month....

WRAL NEWS

edit on 4-3-2019 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Starwise

Military jets? Red necks shooting too many guns all at the same time?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I live in Kentucky near Fort Knox so I hear it all the time but recently they've been hearing it in other areas further away. Sounds carry further in the winter and maybe they have changed rounds or trajectory, I imagine it's something similar happening there. You can hear and feel the sound concussion from far away, but they're not picked up by ground monitors.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Rednecks know what gunshots sound like, it's part of the prerequisites.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I actually find this remark very amusing coming from a Yankee.

Military jets fly over my area all the time since they use the mountains for training. Clayton is closer to the coast but I've never heard any loud booms in western NC
edit on 4-3-2019 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Rednecks in North Carolina? I don't know about that. But shooting tannerite is a good possibility.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Rednecks in North Carolina? I don't know about that. But shooting tannerite is a good possibility.

Would need a lot of tannerite to grab that much attention

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I vacation a lot in North Carolina. There are several lakes I visit for going fishing. It's all quiet and peaceful except every 5 to 7 minutes we hear gunfire. All day, everyday. It's amazing how many guns get shot off everyday in NC!!!

I've seen a lot of military jets flying around NC. So my guess is the big booms are military jets breaking the sound barrier boundaries.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I vacation a lot in North Carolina. There are several lakes I visit for going fishing. It's all quiet and peaceful except every 5 to 7 minutes we hear gunfire. All day, everyday. It's amazing how many guns get shot off everyday in NC!!!

Maybe you shouldn't fish next to a shooting range if you don't like gunfire.

Other than that, I've lived in the region for years and regularly visit NC.... There's no way you go a few times and "hear gunfire all day, everyday".
edit on 4-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A friend of mine lives in clayton, I'll message her and see what she heard.

Of course she heard nothing lol. Figures, the one time i know a local with boots on the ground.
She is hoping its aliens comming to take her some place warmer. Shes tired of 50 degree weather. Bless her heart.
edit on 3 4 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Its really too bad that many so called OPS are simply useless pranksters and offer little or no help. I lived in Newnan, Georgia in 2014; zip 30263 and in the late summer of that year we were hearing huge booms. So did our neighbors. We heard several booms over several weeks at random times throughout the day. We thought that it could be Tectonic Plates or earth Fault(s) shifts that run from the NorthEast down through NC and towards Alabama. They were not a sonic boom as I have heard them before nor were they Hillbillies. Since moving to South Carolina some of the Hillbillies that I hear shooting have AUTOMATIC .243 Winchester weapons. I can tell by the sound and the percussion. I called SCDNR on that back in 2017 and they seem to be aware of it. SENECA GUNS?

Here's some links

usgs.maps.arcgis.com...

www.coastalreview.org...

edit on 4-3-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just beatin my drum again.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hey they gotta eat especially when the Turkey and Black vultures beat them to the daily road kill!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree. Bullets cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dental plans? Hell. The women don't even use makeup or get their hair done. They just jump in the truck bed and drive the pickup over to the nearest ROBO wash for a shower once a month. Yikes

Oh and before I forget, the annual migration down from the Mountains begins in February. You call tell because they are quite crusty and their stench will kill weeds in the front lawn.

BADABOOM

edit on 4-3-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 4-3-2019 by Waterglass because: clarified

edit on 4-3-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Dental plans? Hell. The women don't even use makeup or get their hair done. They just jump in the truck bed and drive the pickup over to the nearest ROBO wash for a shower once a month. Yikes

Oh and before I forget, the annual migration down from the Mountains begins in February. You call tell because they are quite crusty and their stench will kill weeds in the front lawn.

BADABOOM

So far from this thread I found out I'm crusty and smell and also a gun loving redneck who fires my gun all day.

We're never gonna figure out this mystery

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Waterglass

BADABOOM

So far from this thread I found out I'm crusty and smell and also a gun loving redneck who fires my gun all day.

We're never gonna figure out this mystery

I'm from the Blue Ridge Mountains in VA, I know the truth bud.... I know the truth.

Truth is, we've got it made. We should let the people who call us flyover country keep thinking that... Don't want us mucking up what we got.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There is a theory that these booms are caused by cryoquakes, as in the breaking of a large body of ice. I understand it's bloody cold in the US, maybe a nearby body of water froze over and the sheet of ice fractured, but as I said it's just a theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
LOL Can confirm!!!!! it's a 4 ft home made cannon extremely loud and because its been cold the sound carries a lot further Scaring the more populated area's hahha i cant believe this made it to ATS lol ill have a chat with with him .... He knows better!! he's gotten called out on it before lol this made my day its a small world

Rednecks and their toy's lol

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

It was all over the morning news today!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Did laural and hardy do a tune about that place?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join