It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Work, Consume, Keep your mouth shut!!" - Protesters in France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I got a kick out of this. I don't know much about France or it's politics but this chant particularly resonate with me as it's one of the mainstream positions many take in America when confront with the systemic economic issues we are facing as a nation.

Twitter video

Work, consume, keep your mouth shut!!

Sounds familiar doesn't it? I've heard this before.... but who's saying it? Hmmmm. I digress.

There's a certain political ideology that espouses this affirmation all the time. Just shutup and work harder loser. Anyway.. we were warned in the movie "They Live".

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Basic Liberty, we the people have a right to, in France apparently they are quite passionate about that, American people would be too if they had the gumption to fight for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

American's are way to ignorant and blind, they would rather sit in their ivory towers looking down at the 100 million people around them struggling and blame them for our systemic economic problems rather than recognize the modern system of debt slavery and fiat currency and stand up and fight against it

that's why France is the birthplace liber-ty

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I absolutely agree with you, it's sad really as America was built by immigrants and now the very same ancestors of those immigrants are anti immigration.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You do know LIBERTY. is a whore right? I watched Crimes of Passion with Anthony Perkins and Kathleen Turner. You can’t fool me. Girl is a tramp, yo. Hehe..

We’re all consumers of one sort or another. And everyone works, even the rich in their so called ivory towers. The problem is not that we’re having to chant. It’s what we’re chanting.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I absolutely agree with you, it's sad really as America was built by immigrants and now the very same ancestors of those immigrants are anti immigration.

You could also put it this way......

A country, any country is like a large corporation. some have better salaries

pensions, personal health schemes, profit sharing etc.

Everyone wants a job there who wouldn't? but because of there good conditions

people dont often leave so unless the corp. is expanding ormany are retiring

'there are no vacancies'

No corporation, or country is infinite .......

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Indeed, however we are all people and no matter where we come from or what we have we are all deserving of at the very least the basic necessities. No person is more deserving than another, that should at the very least be the the basic model to work from.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So you are equating people who came here legally....through Ellis island mostly....to those scumbags crossing the border illegally?

Shame in you.

Signed
All legal immigrants

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We don’t deserve anything, yet there but for Grace (of the Lord) goeth I. The people are deluded because of their ignorance thinking that the way to solve their condition will come about through systems of government, or so called innovative ideology implemented within corporate structure. Revolutionary thinking is even more quizzical as it never takes into account the spiritual malady.

So these problems of industry are largely self-made by the worker himself, because he errantly believes that to subsist off the earth he must turn a crank rather than plow the field. He equates money with sustenance instead of sunshine and rainfall. Until he corrects this misapppraisal of his actual condition in life, he’ll continue to suffer. Liberty is for the lazy and foolish, while Liberation is for the truly servant and wise.
edit on 4-3-2019 by MrAlphabetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

So you are equating people who came here legally....through Ellis island mostly....to those scumbags crossing the border illegally?

Shame in you.

Signed
All legal immigrants

scumbags is a bit of a stretch

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Is it? I paid a lot of money for my wifes US visa. And now I am paying a lot for my UK visa. So i feel i have a right to label criminals as scumbags.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So the person taking a risk starting a business....expanding said business to hire employees....should receive no more than the lazy, 3rd generation, crackhead, welfare queen? This is where i seperate the notion that all people are created equal.

You csn spend years teaching a person to fish....only to watch them drown in their own stupidity five minutes after launching their boat.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

sure whatever, must be miserable

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The problem...in the US anyway, is a lack of financial education. Basic finance courses should be mandatory your last 2 years of high school. Managing debt, taxes, etc. The economy is like a raging river and few have the skills to navigate it .

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Eloquent response. What exactly must be miserable?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Shame in you.

Signed
All legal immigrants

Laws are a man made mandate to segregate and control society, all people are free regardless of what you think you know. You are a classic example of the Stanford prison experiment.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So the person taking a risk starting a business....expanding said business to hire employees....should receive no more than the lazy, 3rd generation, crackhead, welfare queen? This is where i seperate the notion that all people are created equal.

You csn spend years teaching a person to fish....only to watch them drown in their own stupidity five minutes after launching their boat.

Nope

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I would not beat or torture said people. I would, however, direct said violaters of the law to the nearest exit.

If it is lawlessness you seek, can i refer you to the wilds of Pakistan, or the old Wild West. Is that what you prefer ? Frontier justice as opposed to rule of law?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Another eloquent, detailed response. You are really warming me to your ideas with this avalanche of adjectives.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join