It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
a reply to: Lumenari

Wanting voters to make informed choices = Hitler. That's a pretty amazing leap in logic there!

Ok, you vote when youre IQ reaches 200, until that keep quiet and do what the "smart people" dictates you to do...

Or you give people who want to vote a simple civics test so you at least know that they are aware enough about their government to at least be able to make an informed decision.

Can't drive a car without taking a test...

So why not voting?

What you are describing is tyranny.

What I am describing is how it was meant to be in the first place.

The founders never thought that the citizenry would be stupid enough to allow the government to take over schooling, for instance.

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Would it make a difference? People being more informed would be best all around but I bet some would not want the populace informed maybe more normal folk would go into politics I dunno.

link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash
Just had a read of your constitution.

In the early history of the U.S., most states allowed only white male adult property owners to vote. Freed slaves could vote in four states. ... These extensions state that voting rights cannot be denied or abridged based on the following: "Race, color, or previous condition of servitude" (15th Amendment, 1870).

For those like me who didn't know.

See, change is good!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Would it make a difference? People being more informed would be best all around but I bet some would not want the populace informed maybe more normal folk would go into politics I dunno.

I bet some would not want the populace informed

Ding ding ding, you win the prize!!!
Some right here on ATS too!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
People who can "fart" the Star Spangled Banner should only be allowed to vote.

(DB for the WIN!)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

(DB for the WIN!)

How about only people that don't smell like skunks?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Or a whole lot of other things, which rightfully belong at the State level!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: DBCowboy

(DB for the WIN!)

How about only people that don't smell like skunks?

Dayum GURL! HARSH!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If you can pass this test, youre allowed to vote. just one question, real easy.

1. What do i have in my pocket?

You better hope iam not the one who is gonna make that test, good think a test CANT be biased, and made so you ensure only the people you want to, pass it... Iam gonna be on the sides of the "slaves" when they rebel.
edit on 3 3 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 3 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We don't get Skunks over here but a quick question can you buy skunk fur?. (I'm making game of thrones cloaks and am buying all different types of old fur coats for them. I have a Badger skin coming but skunk? could I get that?.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Try this one on. How about if you own a home or a small business your vote is weighted greater? How about if you served in the armed forces your vote is weighted greater? How about if you're 18 or over and still live at home your vote is weighted less?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Carrying a ball a few yards at a time for part of a few years can make a man rich. Pretty good deal.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
JAG, here's the fundamental problem with the idea (unfortunately)...

An Amendment such as this would only read that there was a "prerequisite". What, exactly, that prerequisite was would be left up to the House and Senate, and thus would be constantly changing (i.e. being manipulated by the same LIARS and THIEVES who pander for votes now).

There would be almost no way to control such a measure, it would constantly be being manipulated by those in power.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All joking aside, placing artificial limits on voting, or even making everyone vote is a direct conflict of a right.

It'd be like making everyone own a firearm.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We don't get Skunks over here but a quick question can you buy skunk fur?. (I'm making game of thrones cloaks and am buying all different types of old fur coats for them. I have a Badger skin coming but skunk? could I get that?.

Yes you can purchase skunk fur/pelt checkout Etsy / Ebay or a taxidermy shop online, or hit up DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Cheers but I heard his underpants are made from skunk fur or at least it smells like it
Just looked and it's cheap as chips and pretty also gonna buy a couple

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: n0tsympl
Try this one on. How about if you own a home or a small business your vote is weighted greater? How about if you served in the armed forces your vote is weighted greater? How about if you're 18 or over and still live at home your vote is weighted less?

I actually think 18 is way too young. There are movements to make it even younger. I think it really should be in the 21-25 range.
edit on 3-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yep...all 0.09% of em!

Only 5.8% of HS athletes can make it on a NCAA team, and of those only 2.8% will go to the pro's. If you do the math that way it's even less.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

People who live in cities don't have a say in the nation they live in?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Hitler really? First off, I am neither white or male, so let's start with that there. To jump to that conclusion when someone questions the status quo, just shows your lack of imagination.

Did i say that? I was making similarities, cause it doesnt matter if you say people should be white, male/female or have high IQ, it is all the same. You finding a reason you should be more superior and make descisions about other peoples life, because youre better than the people involved... Maybe you should use youre imagination and dont jump to conclusions...

An educated voter, and a politically ignorant voter is not the same thing. One is not superior than the other, but one sure is a lot more informed. When I go to a mechanic, I want someone that knows what they are doing. Why is it wrong to expect that same responsibility out of our voting base?

I think my conclusion is a fair one. Political ignorance hinders people. They may believe they are voting for one thing but it actually translates into something else. I think we've seen this time and time again with the Democratic party.

make descisions about other peoples life

What do you think ill informed voters are doing???

Democracies rest on the ability of the general public to hold their elected officials accountable. But what happens when a large segment of voters knows very little about today’s policy debates or even the basic workings of American government?

www.forbes.com...
edit on 3-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join