It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. personal income falls, following drop in consumer spending

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So far as I can tell Reagonomics has not worked. I'm still waiting to get tickled by my trickle!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
don't worry it's the best economy ever in human history

www.journal-news.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
my favorite mining stocks are down this week sweet, opportunity to buy more... you should do the same

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
What can I say? I mean my employer gave me a $50K bonus and a brand new Corvette. He also gave me a unicorn.

Anecdotal evidence, great to fill in those nasty gaps.

They don't take to being saddled & you gotta watch out if they pitch you forward!

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Southern Guardian....simple question for you...

What would make you happy?

A complete collapse of the US economy??? Would that make you happy? (assuming it was under Trump...gawd forbid it would happen under a democratic president, right?)

Would that make you feel good???

Would that vidicate you, satisfy your burning desire to take Trump down...the entire nation in economic ruin...would that make you happy???

I think it really would, wouldn't it??? You would gleefully endure massive economic destruction if you could just once have the satisfaction of say...."See, it's ALL Trump's fault!!"

Just that would be worth it to you, wouldn't it???

You would be willing to watch your friends and family starve, and endure countless pain...if you could just say that one thing, wouldn't you???

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So everyone got a pay cut in January?

Total bull..

I just got a raise, and I know tons of others who did also..

More TDS and fakery. BTW how's the Mueller thing going? Fail? Ahhhhh....

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
2020 is in the bag.

Nobody ever gets sick of winning

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I just wanna know why the OP keeps making threads with assertions and conclusions that aren't even supported by his sources.

This happens A LOT. It wasn't always the case, but here we are. This is Trump's America and the left is now anti-intellectual.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My first yearly review is coming up and unless several people are blowing a lot of smoke up my ass, I'm getting a hefty raise. I saved my company nearly $52,000 last year and I already know how I'm going to double that number this year. I can't speak for everyone, but i put some effort into my job and it's paid off.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

typical, someone creates a post detailing actual economic data and someone like you comes it and makes it personal while totally ignoring the post

such garbage

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I just wanna know why the OP keeps making threads with assertions and conclusions that aren't even supported by his sources.

This happens A LOT. It wasn't always the case, but here we are. This is Trump's America and the left is now anti-intellectual.

the right isn't much better

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That argument has lost all force.

The left has let the wheels come off entirely. The right can't hold a candle to their level of regression.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not so sure. both sides of the argument seem to be hypnotized into their predetermined hegalian dialectic's

just look at all the posts on here, who actually consciously dissect the argument with verifiable evidence and not anecdotal / insulting post?

very few...

the right is becoming as deranged as the left and it's been happening slowly over a longer period of time... boiling frog analogy

if you are looking for evidence just look at AOC derangement syndrome, now we have a derangement syndrome on both sides...
edit on 4-3-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I do not believe the levels are the same at all.

Ocasio-Cortez very much earns the ridicule she gets from BOTH sides. The only place that moron is defended is here and on fringe leftist sites.

I do agree that some of it is just down right ridiculous and an example of what the left talks about with regard to certain vitriol expressed toward her that even I believe is undeserved.

That is a far cry from more than 2 years of temper tantrums, lies, set-ups, phony investigations, political violence, and constant smears of racism and bigotry where none exists. "The right does it too" just isn't good enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think there's plenty to criticize with conservatives just like the lefty's

how about totally ignoring massive systemic economic issues becuase, #MAGA and Trump fixed everything and I got a $2 raise last year and everything is great so shutup and work harder loser

I mean, there's good enough reason to have a problem with both the left and right, if everything was great in America Trump wouldn't be president right now and just because he's president doesn't mean all of the systemic issues that brought about his presidency have suddenly gone away

there's a massive cognitive dissonance on the right and their recent ramp up of attacks with AOC is just further proof

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What can I say? I mean my employer gave me a $50K bonus and a brand new Corvette. He also gave me a unicorn.

Anecdotal evidence, great to fill in those nasty gaps.

or, you just cant admit the reality and enjoy posting bs articles because... trump bad!

How does tax cuts = people losing income.. i'll never know!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I approve of family subsidies. If we're going to subsidize someone, it should be families and not single mothers.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Anybody felt that trickle yet? All $1.5 trillion of it.

U.S. personal income fell for the first time in more than three years in January as dividends and interest payments dropped, pointing to moderate growth in consumer spending after it fell by the most since 2009 in December.

The report from the Commerce Department on Friday also showed inflation pressures remaining tame, which together with slowing domestic and global economic growth gave more credence to the Federal Reserve's "patient" stance towards raising interest rates further this year.

Personal income slipped 0.1 per cent in January, the first decline since November 2015, after jumping 1.0 per cent in December. Income was weighed down by decreases in dividend, farm proprietors' and interest income.

Source

I mean should we be surprised? When this government solely focuses on enriching the elite further at the expense of the lower classes, the result is a further divide. Who's surprised?

Nearly 11 million taxpayers may be subject to the limits on the state and local tax (SALT) deduction in President Trump's tax law, a Treasury Department watchdog estimated in a report released Tuesday.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) estimated that if the $10,000 cap on the deduction had been in place in 2017, roughly 10.9 million taxpayers would have been unable to deduct about $323 billion in state and local tax payments on their federal tax forms.

Source

You know it's simple logic. Put focus on incentivizing spending for the middle and lower classes and they'll boost businesses and the economy through consumer spending. Not topside favored tax cuts, but a focus on increasing what has been stagnent income growth. A focus on family subsidies, family benefits. Instead, we continue to cut taxes (heavily favoring the elite and that's all we do and we get the same results. Same results since the 80s. More inequality between the classes, minimal longterm financial benefits and growth for the working classes and the cycle continues.

Are we winning yet?

Not sure, but have you seen the price of new cars lately. This might have something to do with the buying power and most importantly this: People are spending more these days on the lottery and this takes money out of buying things

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

LOL you liberals trying to throw people off the hunt,people have more spending power,majority of consumer spending on internet,how you can construe taxes with your story,makes me think your a flat earth kind,trying to make relevance out of irrelevance

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

people have more spending power,

I'm not disagreeing with you... I'm just curious if you have anything I could read that would back that up, like hard evidence?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join