It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech is dying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Right now, the politically correct have trashed our freedom of speech on the personal level. We have to worry about saying words like black, red, yellow, or if we just talk about liking the snow they say we are racist since snow is white.

I feel that the left is trying to create a society where anything we say can be used against us if it does not fit their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Right now, the politically correct have trashed our freedom of speech on the personal level. We have to worry about saying words like black, red, yellow, or if we just talk about liking the snow they say we are racist since snow is white.

I feel that the left is trying to create a society where anything we say can be used against us if it does not fit their beliefs.

I rearranged the letters in your post and some of them said, "I like Hitler".

I have alerted the authorities.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
The Gustapo will win if we don't speak up.

Gustapo ?

Like sucret service?
edit on 3-3-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Gustapo ?

I think he's one of the Marx Brothers.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MadLad

No, but other governments, large companies, and politically correct institutions throughout the world are. Maybe you did miss something.

I don't care about other governments, not my problem, and no one forces you to go to or use a politically correct institution or a large company's offerings.

That’s fine, but whether you care or not says nothing about free speech except your attitude towards it. The OP is trying to say free speech is dying.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That’s fine, but whether you care or not says nothing about free speech except your attitude towards it. The OP is trying to say free speech is dying.

Is it? In the United States we still have protected free speech, the government cannot and has not limited our speech in any appreciable manner. Whining about how some ' large companies, and politically correct institutions' are somehow preventing you from popping off is weak sauce. What is it that the bad people wont let you say?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Is it? In the United States we still have protected free speech, the government cannot and has not limited our speech in any appreciable manner. Whining about how some ' large companies, and politically correct institutions' are somehow preventing you from popping off is weak sauce. What is it that the bad people wont let you say?

Free speech is a human right, and as far as I can tell, not all humans live in the United States.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Free speech is a human right, and as far as I can tell, not all humans live in the United States.

So? We can say pretty much whatever we want here.

Move, change it or suck it up.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

To some, the denial of fundamental human rights is an issue worth fighting for. Whether you care about it or not is literally no one’s concern but your own.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To some, the denial of fundamental human rights is an issue worth fighting for.

So why aren't those people fighting for it then? Why are they just being whiny internet bitches?

edit on 3-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So why aren't those people fighting for it then? Why are they just being whiny internet bitches?

Discussing issues and pointing them out is the first step to solving them. If you dont’t care, Why are you whining about “whiny internet bitches”?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Discussing issues and pointing them out is the first step to solving them.

I guess your definition of 'fighting for something' is a bit different than mine.

If you dont’t care, Why are you whining about “whiny internet bitches”?

Because I have free speech son.

(post by TerryDon79 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm all for letting the whiny internet bitches express themselves however they choose and then macho bitches can tell them to go suck their bonespurs.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

To some, the denial of fundamental human rights is an issue worth fighting for. Whether you care about it or not is literally no one’s concern but your own.

You mean like allowing pedophiles to go up to children and say whatever they like?

I seriously hope you’re not a parent.

That escalated quickly.

Not really. It’s their ”free speech” after all. Something you’re completely 100% for.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Discussing issues and pointing them out is the first step to solving them.

I guess your definition of 'fighting for something' is a bit different than mine.

If you dont’t care, Why are you whining about “whiny internet bitches”?

Because I have free speech son.

Well there’s a difference between speaking figuratively and speaking literally. Noone’s saying we need to get in a boxing ring to solve problems.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm all for letting the whiny internet bitches express themselves however they choose and then macho bitches can tell them to go suck their bonespurs.

Oh, they're doing that in spades.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You mean like allowing pedophiles to go up to children and say whatever they like?

I seriously hope you’re not a parent.

That escalated quickly.

Not really. It’s their ”free speech” after all. Something you’re completely 100% for.

I don’t understand what you’re getting at.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well there’s a difference between speaking figuratively and speaking literally. Noone’s saying we need to get in a boxing ring to solve problems.

Literally speaking the premise of the Original Post is lame, if you live in the God Blessed United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, you can pretty much say what you want.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join