It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech is dying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If we are unable to speak our mind... then we may aswell walk around like Neo in this scene from the Matrix!

The Gustapo will win if we don't speak up.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The professionally and perpetually offended are the ones to thank. If you don't think and speak the way they think you should, you're instantly labeled with an "ist" / "ism" or the increasingly popular "hate speech" to shout you down.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I live my life like this:

I shall say any goddamn thing I want.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's because we've allowed it to die.

We've surrendered our rights, our voices, our expression.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yea dying... as you share your thoughts and criticism on the most influential invention towards free speech in human history. The internet.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
If we are unable to speak our mind... then we may aswell walk around like Neo in this scene from the Matrix!

The Gustapo will win if we don't speak up.

You are absolutely right...but then I think...to what country are you referring to?

The world-divided...some countries are nowhere near or will ever play catch-up

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Did I miss something? Did the US Government crack down on free speech?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Bro, they are literally melting lips shut, did you not see the documentary The Matrix?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Free speech cannot die... but it can be ignored, rejected, argued, mocked, and punished (and only after the fact).

Our only legitimate concern as a society is with the punishment of free speech under color of law at the point of a gun.

Everything else is just the nature of the beast. And of course we are also free to whine and cry about it. But that's just ego, not free speech dying.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Trump is going to hopefully save the day with this EO.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Trump is going to hopefully save the day with this EO.

LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Everyone has a video camera on their phone with a mic and recorder. They post up everything on a myriad of social media sites, some of it is profound, most is banal and stupid.

Everyone has an equal opportunity to make a fool of themselves in America. Most succeed admirably.

If that's not free speech...what is it?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can’t question immigration. It might be a good thing.

I can’t question the holocaust. It definitely happened but I want to discuss and debate it.

I can’t question the MSM narrative. This is BS.

How on earth can I form my own opinion if I cannot question these things?

What about my kids? I’m breeding children who are taught to question. Therefore am I breeding extremists? My poor far right children who already know the TV is BS and adverts are a form of mind control.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I can’t question immigration. It might be a good thing.

I can’t question the holocaust. It definitely happened but I want to discuss and debate it.

I can’t question the MSM narrative. This is BS.

How on earth can I form my own opinion if I cannot question these things?

What about my kids? I’m breeding children who are taught to question. Therefore am I breeding extremists? My poor far right children who already know the TV is BS and adverts are a form of mind control.

And yet here you are on a social media site expressing yourself telling us what you can't discuss. When in actuality you can discuss and question anything you mentioned, on this site and many others. No free speech...really?

Criticism of your ideas...isn't impinging on your right to express yourself. See your disconnect?
edit on 3-3-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Governments are now circling the internet like sharks, demanding the big companies to better regulate speech. The corporate class, more interested in profits than principle, are acquiescing to their demands for regulation in order to avoid fines and penalties.

Oppose censorship and regulation while you still have the voice to do so.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did I miss something? Did the US Government crack down on free speech?

No, but other governments, large companies, and politically correct institutions throughout the world are. Maybe you did miss something.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I guess we could ask confederate statues what they think about the premise of free expression.

Or check in with some folks who sport MAGA hats.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
If I spoke to the general public or the local pub goers about these things it would get bad. ATS is different. Which is the whole point of the thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Bro, they are literally melting lips shut, did you not see the documentary The Matrix?

It taught me everything I know about Kung Fu.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

No, but other governments, large companies, and politically correct institutions throughout the world are. Maybe you did miss something.

I don't care about other governments, not my problem, and no one forces you to go to or use a politically correct institution or a large company's offerings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join