It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve been disgusted by what I’ve seen’: Confessions of a Swiss Guard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Allow clergy to marry. Allow women to become priests. Problem solved.

This is God we are talking about. God is a slightly bigger conversation than gender or sexual orientation.

I agree with you that Priests should be allowed to marry and women should be allowed to be Priests.

However, it is absolutely wrong to think that these steps will end pedophilia in the Church.

There are lots of married pedophiles/child abusers in all walks of life, including other churches where clerics are allowed to marry. There are women pedophiles/child abusers in all walks of life and all religions. Celibacy is NOT the cause.

Allowing marriage and women priests helps to increase the pool of people available for the priesthood and dilutes the attractiveness of a 'like-minded clique' building up a self protecting 'club'. But it isn't "problem solved" by any means.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Raggedyman

You do know that JW.org won’t release details of sex offenders in their own church
Your church protects child molesters and you don’t care
Hypocrisy at its worst

Reposted for emphasis

I dont know what you are implying, to my knowledge the Catholic church and I am not a member of that church, has come clean.
I find it hypocritical a JW from a Jehovah witness kingdom hall member condemns catholics when their own JW.org wont come clean or hand over details of paedophiles amongst their own members.

Yes I dont like most christians (not abhor, I didnt say that anywhere) or the church but I am a member of that group, its a tension, a problem but I won't ignore their failures and faults.
I will admit and call them out when required.

Sexuality is a normal part of the human experience, having said that there are spiritual reasons vis-a-vis the strengthening of individual spiritual powers through sublimation and transformation of the Libido.

I am just asking politely you explain the above quote

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I reposted your quote of JW not outing and closing ranks in their own paedophila instances and agreed with you about their hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight Sexuality is a normal part of the human experience, having said that there are spiritual reasons vis-a-vis the strengthening of individual spiritual powers through sublimation and transformation of the Libido.

I am just asking politely you explain the above quote

I got that the 1st time you asked politely.....and I gave you further hints to research. Its all there if you take some keywords and research it.

Theres no shortcut "wordy" answer that will satisfy you.

Each must come to their own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
The sooner people admit that ALL religion is a lie the better , Popes have admitted that Christ is a scam

Now you got me real curious why the word oxyMORON is spelled that way...

Nice work bruh...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sounds like esoteric nonsense and you can’t answer the question
Ok, that’s what I knew

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

"The bigger question remains, can an institution hiding behind its own Sovereign "privilege" really transform itself and clean house."

Perhaps they don't want to. Perhaps there is a subtle purpose behind it all.

From Dr Days 1969 talk to a group of other doctors.

Blending all Religions …. The Old Religions will have to Go

Another area of discussion was Religion. This is an avowed atheist speaking. And he said:
"Religion is not necessarily bad. A lot of people seem to need religion, with it's mysteries and rituals – so they will have religion."

But the major religions of today have to be changed because they are not compatible with the changes to come. The old religions will have to go. Especially Christianity. Once the Roman Catholic Church is brought down, the rest of Christianity will follow easily. Then a new religion can be accepted for use all over the world. It will incorporate something from all of the old ones to make it more easy for people to accept it, and feel at home in it. Most people won't be too concerned with religion. They will realize that they don't need it.

Changing the Bible through Revisions of Key Words
In order to do this, the Bible will be changed. It will be rewritten to fit the new religion. Gradually, key words will be replaced with new words having various shades of meaning. Then, the meaning attached to the new word can be close to the old word. And as time goes on, other shades of meaning of that word can be emphasized, and then gradually that word replaced with another word. I don't know if I'm making that clear. But the idea is that everything in Scripture need not be rewritten, just key words replaced by other words. And the variability in meaning attached to any word can be used as a tool to change the entire meaning of Scripture, and therefore make it acceptable to this new religion. Most people won't know the difference; and this was another one of the times where he said:
"... the few who do notice the difference won't be enough to matter."

The Churches will Help
Then followed one of the most surprising statements of the whole presentation: He said:

" ... some of you probably think the churches won't stand for this [and he went on to say] The churches will help us!"
There was no elaboration on this; it was unclear just what he had in mind when he said, "the churches will help us!" In retrospect, I think some of us now can understand what he might have meant at that time. I recall then only of thinking, "no they won't!" and remembering our Lord's words where he said to Peter, "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church, and gates of Hell will not prevail against it." So ... yes, some people in the churches might help. And in the subsequent 20 years we've seen how some people in churches have helped. But we also know that our Lord's Words will stand, and the gates of Hell will not prevail.

Why do you think the catholic church only transfers pedo priests. They transfer them to other un-suspecting communities, Why don't they just fire them ???

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

let me repeat myself

You win. Go back to your ignorance

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

let me repeat myself

You win. Go back to your ignorance

Politely asked a question that you won’t answer, my money is you havnt a clue what you are talking about and you are just hiding behind the “I have given you hints” crap

Thanks but no thanks, I don’t need to win, notbagainst people like you

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What is it about the following that you are so reactive in assessing for yourself?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well because I asked you to explain your opinion, since then you have offered nothing but esoteric mystic crap as an explanation

What anoys me, the simple fact you made a comment about the bible and you can’t answer my question so are making up a huge scenario drama to hide your inability to hide your incompetence

So where does the bible say there are “spiritual” reasons not to marry
Simple question, really simple
Throw in the fact I think you implied Paul was a misogynist and that is just so wrong considering he taught men and women were equals. Calvinistic crap in my opinion

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Its been a haven for Dandy boys for years ! Having Priests with wives and family will by its own presence push out the boy touchers !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join