It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve been disgusted by what I’ve seen’: Confessions of a Swiss Guard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The higher you go, this is what you will find, in most every Religious institution or corporation or Government. All is semi-normal at the bottom levels, like a bank teller. She has no idea what the Banker is up to. The guy/gal in the cubical at their corporate job has no idea what the CEO just did at last nights elite only party, etc. The highest levels of every facet are like this, mostly.
edit on 3-3-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Allow clergy to marry. Allow women to become priests. Problem solved.

This is God we are talking about. God is a slightly bigger conversation than gender or sexual orientation.

Right it’s obviously a failed policy, and isn’t even biblical regardless.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Nope

As a Recovering Catholic myself, This will not end anytime soon, not until Rome gives up this whole "Celibacy" garbage. The only real reason it was put in place was so the Church would stop losing property to families of the Priests after their passing back in the day.

Sexuality is a normal part of the Human experience while we're here on Earth. It's been widely known that if it does not have a healthy release (However consenting Adults choose to do so) all manner of mental, emotional and social issues may arise.

Duh. I feel like an idiot. I never thought of the "why", but your answer makes so much sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Maybe go back and reread your own question.
Secondly I never implied my experience comes solely from the Bible.

Paul was not a misogynist and that’s a blatant lie

Its not a blatant lie - you decide...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll remind you of your words here...

No it’s not God we are talking about but a man made doctrine to control

Saying "man made doctrine" is redundant. All doctrine is written by man.

Getting back onto the thread - do you have anything to add about the abuse of Power by the clergy in the Vatican?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No, nothing to add, good thread, just dissaopintrd that you are turning Christianity into a sexist faith
Corinthians 12-12/27
All are members of one body, all are equal
Galatians 3-28
No male or female, all one in Christ

So women are equal to men.
The Catholic Church has it wrong and that is a serious issue and a root cause of the problems

But what I asked is where does the bible say there are spiritual reasons not to marry.
I know of practical reasons not spiritual reasons
Have I missed something?
The bible says if you don’t have desires it’s better not to marry

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

we were surrounded, at the Vatican, by frustrated men who see the Swiss Guard as fresh meat. They impose celibacy on us and refuse to let us marry because they want to keep us for themselves, it’s as simple as that. They are so misogynistic, so perverse! They would like us to be like them: secret homosexuals!”

Sounds of the exact report from Sodom and Gomorrah . And they haven't got anyone to bring them to account but themselves . Europe just lets them get on with it .
edit on 3-3-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But what I asked is where does the bible say there are spiritual reasons not to marry.

You're going to have to ask your own mind that. You're creating your own dialogue between you & you.

This is what I wrote - keep up.

Secondly I never implied my experience comes solely from the Bible.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Europe just lets them get on with it .

Europe only LOL?

"New World Order - Vatican, London, Washington DC - Religious, Financial, Military"

Or you can read my thread ...

"The US is a corporate subsidiary of the Crown"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The sooner people admit that ALL religion is a lie the better , Popes have admitted that Christ is a scam

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: [post=24230358]SLAYER69[/quoye]
Sexuality is a normal part of the human experience, having said that there are spiritual reasons vis-a-vis the strengthening of individual spiritual powers through sublimation and transformation of the Libido.

This is your comment and I would like an explanation
That's all

What spiritual reasons, is it biblical?

There is nothing wrong with sex in marriage, it's a gift from God, it's a command
edit on 4-3-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Transforming the Libido through sublimation.

It was Pauls thinly veiled misogyny that ruled the day.

Paul taught if you had sexual desires to get married, where does sublimation come from, where is it taught, it's not Christian or biblical?

I am confused, I am just asking because I have never heard of it before

You started this I am just asking for an explanation

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Nope

As a Recovering Catholic myself, This will not end anytime soon, not until Rome gives up this whole "Celibacy" garbage. The only real reason it was put in place was so the Church would stop losing property to families of the Priests after their passing back in the day.

Right. Could also be a reason why they want to keep it in place and make statements such as the one in a 2006 address to the Roman Curia, in which then Pope Benedict XVI linked compulsory celibacy to “a tradition that dates back to an epoch close to that of the Apostles.”

Celibacy, however, was not a religious custom practiced by first-century Christians. In fact, the apostle Paul, who lived in the first century, warned believers about men who would make “misleading inspired statements” and “forbid marriage.”—1 Timothy 4:1-3.

It was during the second century that the practice of celibacy began to make its way into the Western “Christian” churches. According to the book Celibacy and Religious Traditions, this was “consistent with the new wave of sexual restraint that arose in the Roman Empire.”

In the following centuries, church councils and so-called Church Fathers promoted clerical celibacy. They thought that sexual intercourse was defiling and incompatible with clerical duties. Nevertheless, the Encyclopædia Britannica points out that “as late as the 10th century many priests and even some bishops had wives.”

Clerical celibacy was enforced during the Lateran Councils of 1123 and 1139, which were held in Rome, and it has remained the official position of the Roman Catholic Church to the present day. With this measure, the church prevented the loss of power and income that resulted when priests who were married willed church property to their children.

God’s view of celibacy is clearly expressed in his Word, the Bible. In it we read Jesus’ words about those who remained single, as he did, “on account of the Kingdom of the heavens.” (Matthew 19:12) Along the same line, the apostle Paul spoke about Christians who chose to follow his example of singleness “for the sake of the good news.”—1 Corinthians 7:37, 38; 9:23.

However, neither Jesus nor Paul were commanding ministers to be celibate. Jesus stated that singleness was a “gift” not possessed by all his followers. When Paul wrote about “those who have never married,” he frankly admitted: “I have no command from the Lord, but I give my opinion.”—Matthew 19:11; 1 Corinthians 7:25.

1 Corinthians 7:25 9NW Study Edition)

25 Now concerning virgins,* [Or “those who have never married.”] I have no command from the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who had mercy shown him by the Lord to be faithful.

In addition, the Bible shows that many Christian ministers in the first century, including the apostle Peter, were married men. (Matthew 8:14; Mark 1:29-31; 1 Corinthians 9:5)

These were not celibate marriages, for the Bible candidly states that a “husband [ought to] give to his wife her due” and that married couples should “not deprive each other” of sexual intimacies. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5) Clearly, celibacy is not required by God, nor is it compulsory for Christian ministers.

Pope PAUL VI said that the church law forbidding priests to marry is right. He called it a “brilliant jewel.” In 1970 he said: “It is happy, it is lovely, it is Catholic. We must conserve and defend it.”

But the majority of younger Catholic priests do not agree. In one survey at that time, over 80 percent of them wanted the celibacy law changed. Many older priests also believe that the church celibacy law is wrong.

Many Catholic priests are quick to point out that the law is not a Scriptural one. It is not taught in the Bible. The Bible describes celibacy as a “gift,” and since this is so, priests argue, the church has no business making it obligatory.

Before 1139 C.E., when the Catholic church imposed the celibacy law, many popes themselves were married. In fact, Pope John XXIII said: “Ecclesiastical celibacy is not a dogma. The Scriptures do not impose it. It is even easy to effect a change. I take up a pen, I sign a decree and, the next day, priests who wish to may get married.”

Priests also point to the erroneous thinking that contributed to the church’s adoption of the celibacy law. They note that the thinking of church leaders was dominated by the teachings of “St.” Augustine, who lived from 354 to 430. This man is called, by The Catholic Encyclopedia, “the greatest of the [Catholic] Fathers.”

Augustine had written about marriage: “I feel that nothing more turns the masculine mind from the heights than female blandishment and that contact of bodies without which a wife may not be had.”

Catholic theologian R. J. Bunnik pointed out that such views did, and still do, influence Catholic thinking. He says that Augustine bears “no small measure of responsibility for the insinuation into our culture of the idea, still widely current, that Christianity regards sexuality as something particularly tainted with evil.”

But what influenced Augustine to downgrade marriage and sex? Priests such as John O’Brien say it was the fact that Augustine had lived with a girl outside of wedlock for some eleven years. Also, Catholic law teacher John T. Noonan observes: “Having had this guilt-ridden experience of sexual intercourse in a quasi-permanent union, Augustine believed there was nothing rational, spiritual, sacramental in the act of intercourse itself.”​—Why Priests Leave (1969).

So priests say that the celibacy law is founded on a wrong basis. Unscriptural and erroneous thinking on sex and marriage contributed toward its adoption.

It should not be surprising, then, that an unscriptural law founded on a wrong basis should bear bad fruitage. Many priests point to this fruitage when telling what is wrong with enforced celibacy. They note that the Catholic church permits, and even condones, gross misconduct on the part of priests, as long as the priests do not marry.

Edward Frank Henriques served as a Catholic priest for sixteen years before he married and left the priesthood. He observes:

“Is it not significant that Canon Law imposes no punishment whatever upon such extraparochial diversions as clerical fornication, adultery, sodomy, flagrant promiscuity, or any other form of sexual aberration, nor even for continued and prolonged concubinage, but only for ‘committing’ matrimony? This is the unpardonable crime. How many times have I heard priests say​—and for shame, I have said it myself—​do what you will, but don’t marry her!”

Joseph Blenkinsopp, who served prominently as a Catholic scholar, contributing to The Jerusalem Bible and the Jerome Bible Commentary, pointed to common examples of misconduct. He said:

“I have personally known priests in parish work in a Latin American country who regularly took in girls for the weekend but would not have dreamed of giving up the practice of their ministry. One of them, I recall, rationalized splendidly but was surprised when I asked about the effect of this on the Indian girls in question. . . .

“It seems clear not only from recent experience but from the whole history of the Church that the ‘gift’ of celibacy is of much rarer occurrence than official pronouncements seem to presuppose.”

This is the admission of those closest to the situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

For example, Catholic priest Peter Riga has served as theology professor at Notre Dame and has taught at St. Mary’s College in California. In 1968, he admitted that sexual transgressions of those committed to a life of celibacy are “massive,” and not small as officially represented. Pointing to the dishonesty of church officials who glorify the virtues of enforced celibacy, he explained:

“Honesty would call for the counterbalancing evidence of countless members of the clergy who systematically resolved their difficulties in this area ranging from open concubinage to legal marriage, mistresses, paramours, and platonic dating. And shall we not include the diluted forms of homosexuality and other forms of unwholesome sexual expressions in seminaries and religious houses, for which too much depressing evidence is at hand? The nonpublicity of these widespread phenomena and the loyalty of the understanding flock which glosses over individual instances and subtracts them from notoriety is no excuse for knowingly stacking the cards and ignoring contrary evidence.”​—Married Priests and Married Nuns (1968).

Faced with such circumstances in the church, what did many priests do? Priest Riga pointed to “the thousands of cases of more coherent and upright priests” who were leaving the priesthood. In 1968 an estimated 2,700 of them left in the United States alone! Thus the Catholic Church, Riga said, “is not losing her worst but her very best sons.”

A superior of a community of East Coast priests in the United States lamented the effects of this mass departure. He said: “I also feel that the perverted personalities in the priesthood will stand out more clearly in the dwindled ranks . . . I am one of the many who does not look forward to living out a life amidst twisted personalities.”

Can you blame priests for quitting? When a religious organization clings to unscriptural practices, should not any God-fearing person want to leave that organization?

And what are we left with in 2019?

Revelation 18:2-5 (NW)

2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit* [Or possibly, “breath; exhalation; inspired statement.”] and every unclean and hated bird lurks! 3 For because of the wine of the passion* [Or “anger.”] of her sexual immorality,* [Greek, por·neiʹa. See Glossary.] all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and the merchants* [Or “traveling merchants.”] of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.”

4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice* [Or “her crimes.”] to mind.

Babylon the Great: Reasoning From the Scriptures
Babylon the Great: Insight on the Scriptures
edit on 4-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

You do know that JW.org won’t release details of sex offenders in their own church
Your church protects child molesters and you don’t care

Hypocrisy at its worst

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Once read, it can't be unread.

It's unfortunate we read stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Catholics are NOT Christian.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
edit: thought I learned my lesson, and didn't , but now I have and so deleted !

edit on 6-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

All are members of one body, all are equal Galatians 3-28 No male or female, all one in Christ

And yet you abhor organized "church" christianity in your other posts.

where does the bible say there are spiritual reasons not to marry.

Again you miss my point - go back to post 1 and work your way through my posts.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You do know that JW.org won’t release details of sex offenders in their own church
Your church protects child molesters and you don’t care
Hypocrisy at its worst

Reposted for emphasis

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

My opinion is that Cardinal Pell as discussed in some other threads may have been used as a scapegoat, “a high ranking sacrifice” to show to the World that the Church is not above the Law and in line with the Popes recent admissions and pronouncement that they are cleaning house.

It is not useful to think of Pell as a "sacrifice". The Vatican did not 'give him up'.

The Australian Police investigated him after receiving reports from a victim, found the reports credible and found additional corroborating evidence. The Police turned the case over to Prosecutors who also found the case worthy of pursuit and took it to court. Evidence presented at the preliminary hearings convinced Judges that there was indeed a case to answer and they ordered it to trial. At the trial, the evidence convinced the jury to find Cardinal Pell guilty as charged.

By all accounts, Pell was very popular in the Vatican with the conservatives as his financial reforms stepped on too many toes, and probably didn't get any more than cursory support. But he certainly was not thrown to the wolves.

Pell is not a sacrifice - he is a convicted pedophile child rapist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join