It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve been disgusted by what I’ve seen’: Confessions of a Swiss Guard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.news.com.au... 1f27e29c4d1

In the light of recent events and the publication of the details of trial of Cardinal George Pell a telling new book is out straight from the mouths of ex Swiss Guards. These guards speak frankly of the power and corruption of the church, the cover ups, and more importantly the hypocrisy of their vows of celibacy. Homosexuality seems to be a given behind the walls of the Vatican

My opinion is that Cardinal Pell as discussed in some other threads may have been used as a scapegoat, “a high ranking sacrifice” to show to the World that the Church is not above the Law and in line with the Popes recent admissions and pronouncement that they are cleaning house.

Some have even suggested that perhaps Pell, as head of Treasury, uncovered irregularities.

Recall Banco Ambrosiano, the untimely death and 33 day reign of Pope John Paul I, Gelli, and Calvi circa 1982. Pope John Paul likewise found irregularities, money laundering among others.

‘I’ve been disgusted by what I’ve seen’: Confessions of a Swiss Guard

Nathanael swore to protect the Pope with his life — but quickly discovered that inside the Vatican, he was the one who needed protection.

French writer Frederic Martel spent four years meticulously researching In the Closet of the Vatican, a revealing and detailed account of corruption and hypocrisy at the heart of the Vatican. In this edited extract, he explores the deeply secretive life of the Swiss Guards who protect Catholicism’s holiest men.

Swiss Guard Nathanaël encountered two problems at the Vatican: girls and homosexuals. The scarcity of the former and the omnipresence of the latter.

Girls and homosexuals, as stated, are the two problems that the Swiss Guard faces at the Holy See. …

Nathanaël isn’t gay, or even gay-friendly: he tells me of his revulsion at several cardinals and bishops who tried it on with him (and gives me their names). He was traumatised by what he had discovered in the Vatican in terms of double lives, sexual advances and even harassment.

“I’ve been disgusted by what I’ve seen. I still haven’t got over it. And to think that I took a vow to ‘sacrifice my life’ if necessary, for the pope!”

Like Nathanaël, Swiss Guard Alexis had passes made at him by dozens of cardinals and bishops, to the point that he thought of resigning from the Guard.

“The harassment is so insistent that I said to myself that I was going straight home. Many of us are exasperated by the usually rather indiscreet advances of the cardinals and bishops.”

Other similar incidents were revealed by the press: from the inconsequential gift left on the bed of a Swiss Guard, along with a visiting card, to more advanced passes that could be called harassment or sexual aggression.

“It took me a long time to realise that we were surrounded, at the Vatican, by frustrated men who see the Swiss Guard as fresh meat. They impose celibacy on us and refuse to let us marry because they want to keep us for themselves, it’s as simple as that. They are so misogynistic, so perverse! They would like us to be like them: secret homosexuals!”

The bigger question remains, can an institution hiding behind its own Sovereign "privilege" really transform itself and clean house.

further ref:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-3-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nope

As a Recovering Catholic myself, This will not end anytime soon, not until Rome gives up this whole "Celibacy" garbage. The only real reason it was put in place was so the Church would stop losing property to families of the Priests after their passing back in the day.

Sexuality is a normal part of the Human experience while we're here on Earth. It's been widely known that if it does not have a healthy release (However consenting Adults choose to do so) all manner of mental, emotional and social issues may arise.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The only real reason it was put in place was so the Church would stop losing property to families of the Priests after their passing back in the day. 

That right there is wisdom.

Good to see you posting.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Allow clergy to marry. Allow women to become priests. Problem solved.

This is God we are talking about. God is a slightly bigger conversation than gender or sexual orientation.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yes I remember reading about the fact of keeping the assets within the church by not allowing marriage.

An institution that at 1 stage had 2 reigning Popes and the intrigues and buying and selling of the Papacy attests to the fact of what influence a Pope held in furthering their families interests.

Sexuality is a normal part of the human experience, having said that there are spiritual reasons vis-a-vis the strengthening of individual spiritual powers through sublimation and transformation of the Libido.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Good to see you posting

Thanks for the reminder - I somehow missed Slayers last 2 threads - some catching up to do.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Allow clergy to marry. Allow women to become priests. Problem solved.

This is God we are talking about. God is a slightly bigger conversation than gender or sexual orientation.

No it’s not God we are talking about but a man made doctrine to control
Only the naive would call it God

The bible places women on an equal footing to men

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No - we're not talking about God. We're talking about the Institution both bricks/mortar and human sexual abuse and the wielding of Power over those that come in contact with them.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sexuality is a normal part of the human experience, having said that there are spiritual reasons vis-a-vis the strengthening of individual spiritual powers through sublimation and transformation of the Libido.

What spiritual reasons and where
If I remember the bible states clearly if you can do it if you can’t get married

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I wish they allow women priests... From the day one choir boys will have a new clang in that clavier...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A good read also -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ultraconservative cardinals blame the homosexuals in general for the abuse crisis

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

It is very curious that those who take the path of self enlightenment through abstinence want nothing to do with religion or being saddled with the power of a priest, imo. Those who strive for the spirit through internal means appear to abstain from the abrahamic religions.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Transforming the Libido through sublimation.

It was Pauls thinly veiled misogyny that ruled the day.

wiki

Was Apostle Peter married?

Peter was a fisherman in Bethsaida. He was named Simon, son of Jonah or John. The three Synoptic Gospels recount how Peter's mother-in-law was healed by Jesus at their home in Capernaum; this passage clearly depicts Peter as being married. 1 Cor. 9:5 has also been taken to imply that he was married.

1 Corinthians 7:9

But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

hehe

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

That should be "Free Will" to choose how one goes about it.
I've seen plenty of examples of Christians who are both very sexual and faithful. Those shouldnt be percieved as being on conflict by Rome, imho

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I couldn't agree more - once I saw how hypocritical any religious institution becomes it was time to study and seek further answers away from the "formalized" group dynamic; it invariably leads to a giving up of ones own power and autonomy and you tend to get caught up in the dynamics.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I completely agree. I never meant to tarnish the idea of exploration of sexual energy through contact with another person. I think it could be very worthwhile. I just never ran across the idea of spiritual growth through abstinence from religion, at least I never experienced that ideal when I was in the heart of catholicism, before I broke free. Maybe it has been introduced within the last 20 years and I just remain ignorant of it.

It seems to be more of an esoteric eastern philosophy.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What?
What does that even mean?

I asked where it said there was a spiritual reason men shouldn’t marry or whatever you implied

I know Corinthians I suggested it, I asked where it said it’s better for spiritual reasons men shouldn’t marry, there are practical reasons but you said Spirit reasons, where?
I don’t think there are any spiritual reasons hence the question

Paul was not a misogynist and that’s a blatant lie, evidence please and while you are at proving your inane and baseless comments where is transforming libido through sublimination taught in the bible, you are talking pure tripe

Ignorance is no excuse if you choose to remain an ignoramus, better yourself, educate yourself
www.directionjournal.org...
But you will ignore what your confirmation bias causes you to think

Peter being married was and still is irrelevant in relation to my post, why tell me that?
Why do I need to know

Don’t make it so easy for me

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The bigger question remains, can an institution hiding behind its own Sovereign "privilege" really transform itself and clean house.

The only thing that can clean up that house is a device that we tested on Japan in 1945..

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
May baby Jesus have mercy on their souls, for Satan won't have any for their butt holes like the Sodomites.

(Although it wasn't a hole after, it was a crater.)
edit on 3-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join