It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, ATS main page is full of politics forever I assume.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I guess ATS has become AAP (A lot About Politics). I am sure other members feel the same. I see politics everywhere else too. My baseball forums, meme sites, and even Engadget has references sometimes. What happened? Obama? Trump? Take your pick. Every main topic here is now AOC, Hillary, Trump, Mueller, Cohen, etc.

I miss the old ATS when someone hears a loud noise and their windows shake and it hits main page then we gotta calm them down and explain it was either a jet going super or a small rock coming through the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Politics has consumed the life of everyone around me as well, it's pretty depressing, so many sheep.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I miss the old ATS when someone hears a loud noise and their windows shake and it hits main page then we gotta calm them down and explain it was either a jet going super or a small rock coming through the atmosphere.

Those are still there

Yes, ATS main page is full of politics forever I assume.

As it has been from about Day 1
And I was there (close to it)

You should have been around during the Bush years.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was here during Bush years. Didn't post back then though. There was other stuff on main page though. Now I got to search for "my" hot topics. Heh.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Most of those people grew up and learned not every odd thing to them should be scary or mystic. There are still plenty of "saw a small of light in the sky, it's aliens" around.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
a reply to: Gothmog

I was here during Bush years. Didn't post back then though. There was other stuff on main page though. Now I got to search for "my" hot topics. Heh.

One has a tendency to remember as they like to remember
The mud-pit is kinda newer though
Perhaps that is what sways you.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Mud pit, eh? So you just want to poke some bears and ruffle some feathers, okay. Gotcha. I'll play...

So the world is going to hell in a handbasket, tyrants are increasingly ruling the world (and that means you and me), people everywhere are struggling just to keep their heads afloat, going homeless, going hungry, going without needed medical care, and otherwise suffering on a daily basis...

But don't talk about it!!! Don't point it out!!! Don't complain!!! Don't trigger Gyo!!!

Because YOU don't want to know. On a discussion forum. With dedicated political topics. Because... well... just YOU. An OP dedicated entirely to YOU and YOUR feelings is good... OPs dedicated to issues and events that affect and even harm ALL OF US is not good.

Really? REALLY???

Hahaha!!! LOL!!! ROFLMAO!!! Tee hee hee!!! Thanks for the belly laugh...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
One of the key events, for ATS, is that 2012 didn't happen. That completely depressed the "new age speculation" market, which has never recovered.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I avoid the threads. I love the mud slinging MEMES though

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Every main topic here is now AOC, Hillary, Trump, Mueller, Cohen, etc. 

False.

I would link the many that are not but I make no excuses for your ignorance.

Seek and ye shall find...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

This is something that should be expected when following conspiracy. Those on the far left generally don’t buy into conspiracy unless that involves politics. And those on the right will always question things. Which is a good thing if you ask me. But then you get into the Alt-right that can plague forums similar and just spread propaganda. Those utilization of such tactics can easily sway the opinion of the questionable. Only when one questions facts can they be persuaded to believe a false narrative.

Take that for what it is and move forward dude.

ATS will keep going as should you.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Current score on the "new" page as viewed on android mobile.
71 threads, 27 of which are political in nature. Including this one. Quite a lot to participate in that are not political. How many of those did you contribute to OP?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i miss ATS 2002

before you hipster ruined it and I had to register this name cuz u guys a buncha #ing haters.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is what "they" want, the owners. The real conspiracy outside the box stuff was shunned and things like skunk works were create to ridicule theorist

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
False.

I would link the many that are not but I make no excuses for your ignorance.

Seek and ye shall find...

The most popular topics are on the front page. Of 35, 23 of them are political.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can kind of get where the OP is coming from. There did used to be a wider range of conversation going on besides politics. They are still here, it just takes a little more patience to scroll down the page to find them.
There is no doubt that politics has become a mud slinging contest all over the world and that means it becomes interesting. That leads to more threads about them.
I am not into American politics so it can be a little jarring to see everything being about Trump or Clinton.

It's just the way it's gone. I pick and choose what I want to read and reply to. Always have.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Bookmark NEW threads forum to open signed on instead of "main page"...of which I've never known ATS has one?!...

Everyone opens or is always signed into their own preferencial "start" page, and in NEW, there's every topic from UFO's to music, recipes, historical conspiracies, poetry, jokes...even how to fix. something on a certain car.

Don't know why you consider using your "main" page...but it doesn't have to be.

Best

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Most of the compelling conspiracies and conspiracy theories of our time are political in nature. You can't get into them without the political debates and polarized opinions. Almost all news and current events are also political in nature now.

ATS would die if politics were censored and eliminated completely.

imo

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
When the biggest conspiracy theories going today involve politics, I can't think of a better place to discuss.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Or try this page to sort how you like with icons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join