It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Think Many Swedes Believe Muslims Are Peaceful And Tolerant People

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

"People like you"

Poor turn of phrase me thinks there.

I refuse to hate 22% of the people of our world for nonsensical reasoning or because of religious bigotry.

Muslims are not coming to get anyone, at least not here there are not.

Quite simple really.

And if you are a woman living in the EU, statistically, it not the Muslim they need to worry about coming to do them harm as we have plenty of our own home-grown variety of wrong'yins and rapist doing the rounds, as unfortunate as the case may be.

What's backwards is assuming all people of the Muslim persuasion are all or anything alike, i mean look at how diverse our own cultures have become?

They are no different, just 100 years behind with some respects to how we measure our own culture.

Then again we do tend to keep them in there place.

Is it any wonder they're playing catchup?
edit on 8-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"People like you"

Poor turn of phrase me thinks there.

People like you that say there is a nice Muslim family that lives next door, while they could be multi generations in England and that is your experience that you base everything on.

I refuse to hate 22% of the people of our world for nonsensical reasoning or because of religious bigotry.

I'm not religious, so who is talking religion, once again no hate here just understanding how many cultures around the world are actually like.

And if you are a woman living in the EU, statistically, it not the Muslim they need to worry about coming to do them harm as we have plenty of our own home-grown variety of wrong'yins and rapist doing the rounds, as unfortunate as the case may be.

What backwards is assuming people of the Muslim persuasion are all or anything alike, i mean look at how diverse our own cultures have become?

Statistics say otherwise, so unless Sweden's local men population has freaked out in the last few years for them to go from close to the safest place for women to live to be in second place behind England for the worst then there are other reasons. Maybe since you all can't keep your wankers in place you should let your women carry guns ...lol be all American like.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Nice Muslim families do indeed stay right across the street from me, next door when i hailed from Govanhill.

Kindly wee souls that always say good morning, the woman gives sweets to my kids, the exotic kind they make not ours. LoL

"I'm not religious, so who is talking religion, once again no hate here just understanding how many cultures around the world are actually like."

So it's just the nonsensical reasoning thats your problem then, congratulation hat and a balloon for you then.

"Statistics say otherwise, so unless Sweden's local men population has freaked out in the last few years for them to go from close to the safest place for women to live to be in second place behind England for the worst then there are other reasons."

Sweden is still one of the safest places in the world to live, show us these ""Statistics"" that suggest otherwise.

But if its mad right wing bullcrap, just don't bother your arse. X

And on that note, it's Friday and me hears da pub calling.

Ile check in on whatever mice you are shovelling after i role back home i suppose.

After i have some pints with some Muslims amongst others, aye they do that as well, no matter what the Quran says.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

After i have some pints with some Muslims amongst others, aye they do that as well, no matter what the Quran says.

You keep insisting I'm talking about all 1 billion of them and I'm not, you also keep insisting it is a religious thing, and once again I think culture, views and beliefs drive this more. At my work we teach technical things to many Middle Easterners and a good number get in trouble because of their views they have on women, and that view is backwards to say the least. In their home country woman are more like property and any woman not correctly covered and/or not of their faith is fair game for whatever they want to do. Whatever they want to do... I can't express this enough.

Personally I think this is what is the fundamental problem in the EU, NOT that they are Muslim, NOT that they are immigrants, but more that many of these young men have lived their whole lives with this male dominance view and they bring it to you all with little desire to change.

I have a good number of personal stories of students getting whisked out of the country over night by their Government due to aggressive sexual actions up to assault against women.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Sweden is stiff one of the safest place in the world to live, show us these ""Statistics"" that suggest otherwise.

Just looking at raw statistics put out by the EU I sorted this by the sexual assault per 100,000 highlighted in yellow. Make your own conclusions...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Sweden people should ship them back. Social experiment failed.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Sweden is stiff one of the safest place in the world to live, show us these ""Statistics"" that suggest otherwise.

Just looking at raw statistics put out by the EU I sorted this by the sexual assault per 100,000 highlighted in yellow. Make your own conclusions...

You can't directly compare those numbers as has been shown a thousand times before. ( I would expect it will actually tell you that on site you got the table).

Even just some critical thinking. You really think Sweden has 50x the rate of sexual assault that Serbia does?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"You keep insisting I'm talking about all 1 billion of them and I'm not, you also keep insisting it is a religious thing."

Well, i suppose some people would indeed consider drinking beer to be a religion. LoL

So theses that.

"I have a good number of personal stories of students getting whisked out of the country over night by their Government due to aggressive sexual actions up to assault against women."

What the hell are they studying rape? LoL

They must be rather important ""students"" if there gooberments pulling them out of the fire!

Again, we treated Woman like chattel ourselves, even after they could vote, not that long ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

And yet compare they will.

Are there no Swedish non-racists willing to pipe up or chime in?

There must be some on ATS?

I definitely state, being from Glasgow Scotland, which is number two on that list, that i'm not scared of being raped by a Muslim, and neither is the Mrs, any more than anyone else. LoL

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

They must be rather important ""students"" if there gooberments pulling them out of the fire!

Again, we treated Woman like chattel ourselves, even after they could vote, not that long ago.

I guest they are important to their government...There are all kinds of students and I'm not talking college..

I think we are talking 2019 here, not 1920s, unless you want to give them a pass on their backward ways because at some point we were like that too 100s of years ago..lol

edit on 8-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Even just some critical thinking. You really think Sweden has 50x the rate of sexual assault that Serbia does?

Why can't you compare per 100,000 as that is the standard form of measurement in comparison for any population? I agree other factors go into it all but this is based on police reports.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why can't you compare per 100,000 as that is the standard form of measurement in comparison for any population? I agree other factors go into it all but this is based on police reports.

Because sexual assault is defined and recorded differently in different countries. Sweden in particular has one of the widest definitions and records instances of offences separately. (So husband assaults wife every night for a year is 365 offences, not 1).

Police reports are also reliant on crimes being reported and recorded therefore countries that have weaker equal rights cultures will actually have lower recorded sex crime.

Police reports are generally considered a very poor way of comparing most crimes.

Check the site you got the table from, be genuinely surprised if doesn't confirm that.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It is when you think everyone else shares your worldview.

I'm not sure why a couple of you want to put words in my mouth. First, it is not a problem if I care about the quality of life I work hard to provide for my family. I don't really care what your view is since it doesn't affect me in the least. EU has immigration problems, will time fix it? I hope so, but then we are talking about people that haven't changed much in 2000 years in their beliefs and cultures so don't hold your breath. So in the end either they change or you change and I'm betting you change so enjoy that...

I'm saying this as a world traveler, I know what the world is like I have lived all over it. I love many cultures including the middle east, but there can be a bad side there too and that is what I'm seeing in the EU as immigrants are unwilling to accept the local cultures and push their culture which can be extreme with many parts that you and I both will agree is not right.

The European culture is very strong and has been around for a very long time, I don't think it's a fragile as you do.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And having posted that I can tell you that I had about six Pakistani Muslim men try ripping all my clothes off in a bar when I was twenty. Think Lara Logan. I was lucky and the boucer rescued me.

I lived in a Pakistani area, they treat Western women like whores tat they can grope at will.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No free passes no.

But i recognize the hypocrisy as it would be silly not to.

If you attempt to judge another culture by your own standards through, they are always going to fall short.

Fact is trying to drag others kicking and screaming in to the future seldom works well.

Someone is always going to be disappointed, expectations, differing perspective and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

Must have been a horrible experience, im glad some knight in shining armor came to your rescue.

Not suggesting rapes dont happen in other countries, but chances are if you are going to be sexuality assaulted in Pakistan, people of the Muslim persuasion are going to be responsible, it being a Muslim nation after all.

Just as the chances of someone being raped in the UK indicates it will probobly be a white male.

End of the day through tarring an entire culture or nation of people with the same brush is simply silly.

<< 13  14  15   >>

join