It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectively Good Things Trump Has Done as President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfTheEmperor

Well he is slowly steadying the ship.

When Obama's term was up, the GDP growth was at 4.9 percent, when trump announced to candidacy, it fell to 4.3, now it's close to 4.7 which is an improvement.

I dunno, American politics is batcrap crazy-wait I take that back-ALL politics is batcrap crazy.
edit on 3-3-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Pretty good thread this one OP.

Too often I think we spend too much time bashing him, I think when all you do is attack then it undermines the validity of your other criticisms. I am also very much pro-life so I would add that to my list, I agree with what he is doing for DPRK and I think that the economic continues to improve however that one comes with a pretty big "BUT"....in that I believe it is booming despite Trump not directly because of Trump however it is important to acknowledge that he could have sunk the economy and so far he's not so he does deserve some credit but not all of the credit for a booming economy.

The issue that I tend to have is that while he is undoubtably doing some good he is also doing some harm, for example pulling out of the Paris accords, starting trade wars, his appointments, inability to take on any criticism, damaging relations with allies and so on, but more than that the number of scandals he is right in the middle of is damaging. I often think that the problem that some of his supporters have is the exact opposite of the problem some of his critics have in that they keep defending him, no matter what.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gothmog
Try what?
Actually, Hawaii has had sort of a mini ACA since the 70s. The federal deal didn't change things a whole hell of a lot. It works pretty well.

LOL, it's almost as if your state has less folks than the whole US. I wonder if that factor has any bearing at all over how things work? I mean, if it worked so good for Hawaii, why didn't it work so wonderful for all the rest of us?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Star and flag. I wish both sides would be so evenhanded.

Conservatives need to remember that Trump is not God, and that they don't have to approve of every thing he does.

Liberals need to remember that Trump might make a good decision or two, and that Hillary and Obama aren't God, either.

Trump is very worrying for me. I think he's the pitbull of multinational corporations, and his flirting with Kim Jong Un and Putin is bizarre.

I admire that he's a tee totaler. That's a very wise decision, considering his temperament and his powers.

I admire that he had enough restraint not to fire Mueller yet. That shows at least a cursory respect for checks and balances.

The biggest thing I approve of is his drawdown of troops. The Kurds make that tricky, because they still need to be protected, but there are alternatives to war.

Finally, while his emergency declaration is bogus, he highlights the point that the military is was way over funded. I totally agree with trump on that. That money could go to veterans and infrastructure.

Edit to add: some people criticize Trump for caving on the shutdown. I think that was a good decision for damage control.
edit on 3-3-2019 by Look2theSacredHeart because: Shutdown

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I knew Trump was our savior when he removed the Patriot Act.

Then he went and removed the Smith-mundt and Electronic Privacy Act Obama used to weaponize against Americans.

He really impressed me with telling me how he doesn't pay taxes and what I should pay.

I think the $1000 annual tax savings was swell, it helped me afford the $20,000 extra steel costs.

Honestly, screw Trump, politicians and stupid people following either.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A few more lesser known accomplishments of Trump...

Legalized Commercial Hemp

President Trump legalized the cultivation of industrial hemp Thursday when he signed a widespread, bipartisan farm bill aimed at boosting the agriculture industry.

The fiber of hemp, a non-intoxicating derivative of the cannabis plant, is used to make a variety of products, such as cardboard, carpets, clothes, paper and more.

Trump officially legalizes industrial hemp

Donated Presidential Salary

He promised last year that he would refuse to take a salary as president, too.

During a campaign appearance in Rochester, New Hampshire, last October, the billionaire told a crowd he would not be accepting the $400,000 annual salary if he became president.

“The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s not a big deal for me.”

Donald Trump on refusing presidential salary: "I'm not taking it"

Restrictions on Lobbying

President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

Space Policy Directive 1

President Donald Trump is sending astronauts back to the Moon.

The president Monday signed at the White House Space Policy Directive 1, a change in national space policy that provides for a U.S.-led, integrated program with private sector partners for a human return to the Moon, followed by missions to Mars and beyond.

The policy calls for the NASA administrator to “lead an innovative and sustainable program of exploration with commercial and international partners to enable human expansion across the solar system and to bring back to Earth new knowledge and opportunities.” The effort will more effectively organize government, private industry, and international efforts toward returning humans on the Moon, and will lay the foundation that will eventually enable human exploration of Mars.

New Space Policy Directive Calls for Human Expansion Across Solar System

Ridding Syria and Iraq of ISIS

The Islamic State faced final territorial defeat on Saturday as the U.S.-backed Syrian force battling the jihadists said it was closing in on their last bastion near the Iraqi border, capping years-long efforts to roll back the group.

"We expect it to be over soon," Mustafa Bali, a spokesman for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) told Reuters.

ISIS on the brink of defeat in Syria as U.S.-backed forces launch final attack

edit on 3/3/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He has also given the rest of the world a right good laugh.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

Didn't you just get done saying you weren't going to be commenting on politics...in your Introduction???

Anyhow nice to be here I'm not doing much political stuff but am interested in History and aliens.

Here

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This is comedy dude not politics
I may pop in everynow and then but politics sucks I try and find the funny sides of it all.
edit on 3-3-2019 by MyToxicTash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hemp is legal!

2nd line

3rd line

and so on....

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I personally do not judge him based on the usual metrics.

He was elected to make real change in more places than burger joints.

I had high hopes but he made yuge claims and just kept up the usual politics. Anyone could have done this mess.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

I'm just givn' ya' a hard time!

No worries.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: drewlander

While I agree with you for the most part on "Obama care", I'd just like to point out that "boomers" have been over 65 for like a decade now.

Trump, Pelosi, Bernie, Clinton etc are ALL "boomers". Well over 65 now.

That is inaccurate as well as impossible..the oldest real Boomers would be 72 or 73..the majority 61 to 71.

PILES of boomers left that are not 65...
edit on 3-3-2019 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

A few more lesser known accomplishments of Trump...

Legalized Commercial Hemp

President Trump legalized the cultivation of industrial hemp Thursday when he signed a widespread, bipartisan farm bill aimed at boosting the agriculture industry.

The fiber of hemp, a non-intoxicating derivative of the cannabis plant, is used to make a variety of products, such as cardboard, carpets, clothes, paper and more.

Trump officially legalizes industrial hemp

Donated Presidential Salary

He promised last year that he would refuse to take a salary as president, too.

During a campaign appearance in Rochester, New Hampshire, last October, the billionaire told a crowd he would not be accepting the $400,000 annual salary if he became president.

“The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s not a big deal for
Donald Trump on refusing presidential salary: "I'm not taking it"

Restrictions on Lobbying

President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

Space Policy Directive 1

President Donald Trump is sending astronauts back to the Moon.

The president Monday signed at the White House Space Policy Directive 1, a change in national space policy that provides for a U.S.-led, integrated program with private sector partners for a human return to the Moon, followed by missions to Mars and beyond.

The policy calls for the NASA administrator to “lead an innovative and sustainable program of exploration with commercial and international partners to enable human expansion across the solar system and to bring back to Earth new knowledge and opportunities.” The effort will more effectively organize government, private industry, and international efforts toward returning humans on the Moon, and will lay the foundation that will eventually enable human exploration of Mars.

New Space Policy Directive Calls for Human Expansion Across Solar System

Ridding Syria and Iraq of ISIS

The Islamic State faced final territorial defeat on Saturday as the U.S.-backed Syrian force battling the jihadists said it was closing in on their last bastion near the Iraqi border, capping years-long efforts to roll back the group.

"We expect it to be over soon," Mustafa Bali, a spokesman for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) told Reuters.

ISIS on the brink of defeat in Syria as U.S.-backed forces launch final attack

Ridding Syria and Iraq of isis. There the us goes again, taking credit for a war that Russia won

edit on 4-3-2019 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Would just like to point out that the major South American drug cartels build schools, churches and hospitals and provide employment opportunities.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join