It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit and run crash, my friend this week

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
OP, you are justifiably angry about what happened to your friend! I will put her in my prayers.

And you have said, no less than FIVE times already in this still-new thread, that you personally would "knife the guy."

I would stop saying that. Are you trying to get passive permission feom the group or something? Or saying it so many times because you're working yourself up to actually do it, when the person is caught?

Quit it! And you'd better hope no one else stabs them, because with this thread, it will sure look like you did it.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It is your anger speaking right now when you say you would knife the guy. You know that would only bring you down to his/her level. What happened to your friend should never have happened and I understand that you are upset. I will be watching this thread for updates on how she is doing and if they caught the person who caused such horrendous harm. Try to take some deep breaths and be there for your friend and her family right now.

We'll be here for you.

edit on 2-3-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Start checking the area for cameras.

You might find your driver.

Cams are solving crimes like this everywhere.

Yeah, no. They're actually not.

Here's an article I read a week or two ago, a sort of follow-up on a local hit & run that dropped mouths all over the place here. Cams caught the car, but that's all that was caught. They're not that great at pinning down useful, telling details that lead to arrests.

Solving hit & runs in general is not in the victims' favor. It's the sad, but bluntly honest reality.

Hit-and-run research is difficult. The only hit-and-run drivers researchers can talk to are those who get caught, and most people who run get away with it.

Grand Rapids police gave Target 8 numbers showing they have enough of a description to even begin an investigation in only about 14 percent of hit-and-run cases.

Hit-and-runs happen quickly. Stunned, hurt victims and witnesses, if there are any, have too little time to react and may be able to only glimpse the fast-fading taillights of the escaping car in most cases. One man who was hit on his bicycle said he was too busy flying through the air to get the license number.

The key takeaway from the article regarding the camera that recorded the whole thing:

Even though investigators have video of the crash, they've been unable to find the driver of the 1999 to 2005 Pontiac Grand Am.

www.woodtv.com...

I imagine national numbers are similar to the local ones here. This stuff's on the rise, and it's not getting easier to solve.

Not to kick the OP when he's down, but he may want to just focus on his friend's recovery -- and be thankful they're alive to recover in the first place. Odds of getting judicial karma are quite low.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The truck has to have substantial damage to it ... maybe check local auto body shops ....where are you that she would lay for a hour before being found ? Sounds like small town or country somewhere .... and maybe it was a target hit.... not what you want to hear , but to hit someone is bad enough , but to run them over too? Sounds like an angered ex or something .maybe check her social media- phone , for any signs of a disgruntled ex. ....

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Best of luck to your friend, I've been a "first respondent" to a hit and run, the a$$hole driver blamed his brother to escape charges.

Make sure to keep your anger in check dude (or dudette) I close friend ripped me off three large and blew me off, I still want to grab a compound bow and put an arrow thru his head, but losing three large is better than serving 25 to life.

The short arm of the law will bring your friend justice, we live in the age of big brother so there will be footage of the perpetrator somewhere.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
That's really messed up, so sorry to hear about your friend. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

I ride also and people just don't pay attention.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

just anger is all, i would shed no tears if street justice was dished out on the driver though, when you leave someone for dead you don't deserve justice through the courts in my world

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
thanks for all the kind comments as well folks, doctors have now got her stable, internal bleeding fixed, she will heal in time...i am not religious but have said prayers hoping they work, can't be a bad thing trying to call on a higher power, just can't believe anyone would leave someone for dead after driving over them, had to rant it out, absolutely gutted for my friend, and the fact that there is someone in the world who will disregard a fellow human's life like that. heck, even if i knew i was going to jail i would call paramedics, some things are more important.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
a reply to: mysterioustranger

you are right, just emotions, i would knife the guy right now though, bastard, hence the rant

Oh, I know you're ranting...but needed to remind all...violence isn't an answer...ever.

KARMA is....and it's a bitch. Things have a way of working out...hope it all does.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

thanks for all the kind comments as well folks, doctors have now got her stable, internal bleeding fixed, she will heal in time...i am not religious but have said prayers hoping they work, can't be a bad thing trying to call on a higher power, just can't believe anyone would leave someone for dead after driving over them, had to rant it out, absolutely gutted for my friend, and the fact that there is someone in the world who will disregard a fellow human's life like that. heck, even if i knew i was going to jail i would call paramedics, some things are more important.

To address this other post...we respond because we like what we do...not because we have to...and honestly?

It's better when we don't have to...
EMT/P.Medic/911

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

appreciated mate, people who respond are angels, helping fellow humans, big love x

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

appreciated mate, people who respond are angels, helping fellow humans, big love x

Thank you...but no appreciation is necessary...and we certainly are not all angels!

My specialty is medical triage assessment in major and mass casualty events...and I'm good at it.

Gimme 60 secs with someone on the ground...I'll tag you, off you go with an emer-gent request for immediate treatment.

It take me about 15 secs to initiate CPR or get AED going...and only around 5 secs to determine it's pointless: they're gone...but we'll still try....

We'd really rather see someone off to the hospital...than the morgue...

MS
edit on 3-3-2019 by mysterioustranger because: No coffee...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Was this in Victoria, Australia? Western Suburbs of Melbourne?

Just the other week about 5 in the Morning heard a similar story on the news driving home.

Motor cyclist hit and left to die on side of road for about half an hour or more before they were found by a passer by.

Number plates of the car (van actually I think it was) were known and mentioned on the news immediately ( i heard the news just after 6 am) to help Police spot the **** that did this.

Crazy times, Heartless ****s everywhere these days.

very similar circumstances to how you have described it, just not sure about the no helmet, Its law to wear one but see too many riding around on dirt bikes on the roads where I live with.

All the best to you are your friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

mate appreciation is always there, like i said on last page, i have done cpr twice, both died by the time the paramedics arrived, just caring for fellow humans is the thing, driving over someone and leaving them for dead is not cool...you are the complete opposite to the person who hit my friend x

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

no,different incident, can't believe anyone would drive away and leave a fellow human for dead, so messed up as a thought, seems there are many horrible people in the world

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I wish the best for your friend and a speedy recovery, I hope she heals quickly.

It's a terrible thing that's happened. There was an incident here, recently, and a woman hit a police office. She turned herself in rather quickly, if I recall correctly so perhaps this person will also have a conscience.

Let her know that there are folks sending positive thoughts her way, okay?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

thank you, will do

just still shocked that anyone could drive over another human and then drive off leaving them for dead, I know plenty of dodgy people, criminals and such, but none of them would leave an innocent person for dead.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Sending prayers, healing vibes and positive thoughts your friend's way.

I cannot comprehend someone doing that to another human being either.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

thank you, i actually said a prayer myself which shocked me because i am agnostic
her condition is stable, needs more surgery and treatment but she will live...and that makes me happier than anything, she is a fighter and a survivor, i know other members have criticised some of the intent in my rant so I shall rephrase it, i would love to meet the guy who run over my friend and drove off leaving her for dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I would imagine it will be a painful recovery. I know you'll be there for her.
You spoke out of anger and I doubt you'd stoop to his level of harming another human being. Wishing her well and continued prayers, healing vibes and positive thoughts for your friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join