It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY EXPOSED! Exactly what “To The Stars”, Delong, the spooks and scientists are up to.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't think this thread actually delivers on its subject line.

CIA branding operation? This may be one aspect of TTSA but there is likely a greater unknown objective.

I lean towards the whole thing being a honey pot to draw in foreign spies, scientists, researchers, and experiencers to see what they've got. Just a big bucket to collate information and keep tabs on what the Russians and Chinese know about UAPs, remote viewing, brain research, mind control, transhumanism, etc.

And just like Bigelow's takeover of MUFON reports, all the information will be sucked in and will never really get back out.

This is pure intelligence gathering and not dissemination or disclosure.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have been saying from the beginning that these guys associated with TTS are simply responding to a market need. They create buzz, which the UFO community ate by the bucketful early on. All they are is marketers of a concept and they're telling people what they want to hear: "Get ready! Here it comes!" But it never comes.

If they had any 'real' evidence, they'd have released it. Up to now, all it's been is noise. They talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk. They sure sold shiploads of tee shirts, didn't they? Why did they need money? You cannot buy UFO information--you collect it.

"We're conducting research." Right...research in how to market this concept to the masses to maximize profit and load up bank accounts.

What many people fail to understand is that while stacking their team with ex-government insiders does impart instant credibility to their claimed efforts, it does nothing for their body of knowledge because any classified information they had access to as a government employee is prohibited *by law* from disclosure after the fact--unless it is declassified by the government. In other words, don't get your hopes up.

What this means is any Startling UFO Revelations they possess and intend to divulge are already out in the public domain; it's all "open source" information.

IF they have what they say they have.

But I'll bet a paycheck they don't. And I'm not buying the tee shirt.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400
You are funny Pigs .

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I can’t say I dont agree with you’re way of looking at it. I don’t know if linda’s natural gullibility has no self censoring, or if she has just gone all in to try to get down to SOMETHING...anything really...so she keeps rolling what she wants to be true.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Zondo submitted some internal forms to release the videos (tic tac, etc.) that we’re indeed released (rereleased I should say since two of them had been previously leaked). Those forms require a signature of recommendation from a military employee. Hence, he can’t even submit the release forms himself anymore. The best stuff he has either already has been declassified and shown, or he has gotten some others declassified but hasn’t released yet. My guess is the former.
edit on 6-3-2019 by Cology because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

My point is that it is a market branding public endeavor that happens to have intelligence retirees involved, and that it is NOT a CIA branding op. If it is an intelligence honeypot it’s not a very attractive one to foreign governments given the key players. Who is supposed to sucker who when all the operatives backgrounds are already exposed?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

originally posted by: Cology
I wonder if Hal Puthoff laughs when he is remote viewed...and then he laughs...lol

I wonder if Kit laughs when he reads ATS...

I sure as heck laugh when I picture kit green swallowing whole the entire load of psychotic B.S. Doty fed him, as he later disseminated it as truth...lol. Weird desk indeed...reaching for the stars ( grasping at straws) even within the CIA.
edit on 5-3-2019 by Cology because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2019 by Cology because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I agree that Zondo’s position (AATIP desk) was a minor one...something of a one man show. Sounds like a fun one though. But there is a lot of evidence that the AATIP desk was under the umbrella of a larger air force program that has dealt with aerial technology threats for decades, and that umbrella group is a top eschelon program covering every governance of space/aerial phenomena down to nuts and bolts stuff on the international nuclear scale through to new science weapon tech. Being full in on the UFO side of it puts everything in fringe-land in military eyes, so zondo’s Power profile would not have been large.

When Zondo was referring to his predecessor being axed by misplaced fear, he was referring to Christians in political/military power who felt UFOs were demonic...so yeah... nutty and fringe all the way around I suppose...lol, which does make for the AATIP desk being a lesser position within the military’s power eschelon.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Regarding Doty’s demotion to “cook”, I think this hints at some preliminary evidence of psychotic (sociopathic) behavior in Doty while he was in the service. He was demoted from an intelligence position (andpolice officer status) to cook...a significant demotion, and it must have enraged his sociopathic (imo) need for importance and power. My guess would be that if he declined to serve out his enlistment as cook, he was looking at a dishonorable discharge. The air force was being nice to him letting him be a cook instead of discharging him, since he was a career lifer who hadn’t been caught being a sociopath for the bulk of his career, so they gave him the soft boot. Quite frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the demotion wasn’t due to his spreading of disinformation while lying about following commands to do so from above him...but with a likely sociopath, there are untold millions of potential causes. What we do know is he left the military, continued to spread sociopathic lies to ufo researchers while pretending to do so for military intelligence, and for some reason, even after being outed, he couldn’t seem to stop lying. Watching his lies manafest as UFO lore with even dudes like puthoff and green must have really provided sociopathic food for his disempowered self...imo.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Regarding Doty’s demotion to “cook”, I think this hints at some preliminary evidence of psychotic (sociopathic) behavior in Doty while he was in the service. He was demoted from an intelligence position (andpolice officer status) to cook...a significant demotion, and it must have enraged his sociopathic (imo) need for importance and power. My guess would be that if he declined to serve out his enlistment as cook, he was looking at a dishonorable discharge. The air force was being nice to him letting him be a cook instead of discharging him, since he was a career lifer who hadn’t been caught being a sociopath for the bulk of his career, so they gave him the soft boot. Quite frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the demotion wasn’t due to his spreading of disinformation while lying about following commands to do so from above him...but with a likely sociopath, there are untold millions of potential causes.

What we do know is he left the military, continued to spread sociopathic lies to ufo researchers while pretending to do so for military intelligence, and for some reason, even after being outed as a disinformation psychopath, he couldn’t seem to stop himself from more lying. An intelligence officer, having been caught fulfilling a disinformation duty, would not have been kept in the role once outed, imo. But Doty kept doing it, kept claiming even after being outed he was following orders and kept lying. That’s not how spies work. Once outed, that disinformation officer would usually be reassigned so a covert officer could replace them. Watching his lies manafest as UFO lore with even dudes like puthoff and green must have really provided sociopathic food for his disempowered self...imo...and that’s why he never stopped lying...because he never was a real assigned disinformation officer...he was a sociopath. At least that my remote take on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

...and yet after careful scrutiny and analysis (here and elsewhere) no one really seems to know what these spies, clowns, scientists and “artists” are actually up to???

I know. It's not that complicated. Conspiracy entertainment including the stuff about aliens, UFO's, etc., is a niche market in the entertainment industry. They are catering to their niche market, trying to make some money, 'tickling their ears' with false stories as 2 Timothy 4:3,4 describes it (telling them what they want to hear, them = the market, the potential audience).

2 Timothy 4:3,4

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

It's a bit like the fields of quantum cosmology, theoretical physics and evolutionary biology or perhaps better described as unverified evolutionary philosophies/ideas in biology (although that's a bit of a mouthful).

There actually is nothing to see here, figuratively speaking (that pretty much counts for the whole subforum). But it will nicely distract people from the truths/facts/realities/certainties that matter the most. Such as the phenomenon described and predicted at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (which I guess one can argue is the only thing to see here that is of any value, i.e. “beneficial”).

Oh, TheTruthRocks beat me to it, I guess other people know as well then (in regards to the part I was responding to). Just not how 2 Timothy 4:3,4 applies to this situation and phenomenon regarding the behaviour he described as “They create buzz, which the UFO community ate by the bucketful early on.” (compare this way of expressing it with what's mentioned under my profilename about what one feeds their minds, and then compare that with my signature about contaminating your mind with poison)
edit on 6-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
"...contaminating your mind with poison."

I have been saying this for years. Eat enough MacDonald's and you get fat and begin to rot from the inside. Junk information is no different than junk food because junk information will rot your brain.

It is THE reason I quit Facebook many years ago. Yeah, there are some good things about it, but even people I considered friends spent so much time spewing opinions that it became a toxic soup. Just because there's a podium (the Innerwebz) does not mean you have to jump on it and broadcast your daily homily. TTS has exercised this same platform.

Information--even if it's merely for entertainment purposes--has a lifespan. Remember when many people thought comedian Dane Cook was funny?

I think TTS has jumped the shark; even UFOlogists feel betrayed by all their shenanigans and broken promises.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Good point. TTS has made a very annoying promotion mistake... As a media entertainment company, they should have simply stated the truth — they have no solid proof of UFOs for disclosure, and they do not have zero point energy, etc. What they do have is the QUEST to find proof of UFOs, achieve advanced tech, etc. The media (tv shows or whatever) could be about THE QUEST for UFO confirmation and tech development. The camera could follow as these scientists and government bureaucrats go through the paces to find and develop such. That would sell, and make interesting reality TV. That’s how they should have promoted it.

Instead, annoyingly, they implied they already have hard, nuts and bolts UFO proof (they don’t), and 25th century technology (also missing). The quest for the Grail is just that, a quest. You don’t state that you already HAVE the grail, and will one day show the grail, as if you already own the grail, and it is yours and your alone. No wonder peeps get annoyed with them... Poor, egotistical marketing...spooks playing at real life business...

TTS I wish you luck in achieving any idealistic goals, and success with your profit/media endeavors... but if you truly are following the science, then follow THAT path and stop telling us you already possess all the answers and knowledge that you simply do not possess. It’s ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

TTS ... but if you truly are following the science, then follow THAT path and stop telling us you already possess all the answers and knowledge that you simply do not possess. It’s ridiculous.

So let's 'follow the science' as you put it for a moment regarding UFO's and Ufology and see where it leads us.

Apparently at the recommendation of a high-ranking military officer, UFO’s eventually received official attention by the U.S. government. The result was the setting up of Project Sign, which began work on January 22, 1948. The Project Sign group finally issued a report that disappointed some. Early in March 1952, with increased numbers of sightings, the U.S. Air Force decided to create a separate organization called Project Blue Book.

In 1966 Gerald R. Ford, then congressman from Michigan, was credited with calling for another federal investigation of UFO’s. This was in response to a number of UFO sightings in his state. The result was that another study was set up at the University of Colorado. Dr. Edward U. Condon, a prominent physicist, assumed oversight of the work. In 1969, at the conclusion of the study, the Condon Report was issued. Among other things, it said that “nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge . . . that further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby.”

I.e. nothing to see here (in the field of Ufology or this subforum).

This ended the official involvement of the U.S. government in the study of UFO’s and, in addition, tended to cool public curiosity. It did not, however, end the UFO controversy, nor was it the end of UFO sightings. But what have scientists and other experts concluded in more recent years? How do scientists explain UFO’s?

The late Dr. Donald H. Menzel, a Harvard astronomer, and Philip Klass, former senior editor of Aviation Week, are among those who have studied the subject of UFO sightings. They affirm that UFO’s are actually IFO’s (identified flying objects). When investigated, UFO’s have turned out to be identifiable things or effects, such as weather balloons, nighttime advertising airplanes and helicopters, meteors, or sun dogs.

Philip Klass explained UFO’s as natural phenomena or as incorrect identifications. He says that some UFO’s seen on radar are artifacts of weather phenomena. However, according to some radar operators, this explanation does not account for the seemingly intelligent behavior sometimes observed. Klass’s thought is that people who are suddenly exposed to a brief unexpected event “may be grossly inaccurate in trying to describe precisely what they have seen.”

In his book Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terence Hines states that “careful investigation has resulted in straightforward natural explanations for even very impressive-sounding UFO reports. . . . All these cases make clear the nearly total unreliability of eyewitness reports. In almost every case, the witnesses’ reports differed substantially from the actual stimulus, but in only a very few cases were the witnesses willfully lying. Their knowledge about what UFOs ‘ought’ to look like influenced their reports, along with the effects of visual illusions.”

The more thorough investigation summarized in the Condon Report has clarified the part played by physical and psychological distortions. It has explained how ordinary objects, seen in the sky by persons who do not recognize them under the perhaps unusual circumstances, can be misconstrued in perception, magnified in the telling, further exaggerated in the newspapers, and end up as spaceships landing little green men from Mars. On top of that you get the claims that in the past the United States and even other governments may have ignored or covered up some evidence of UFO’s. The author of a 1988 publication took advantage of the Freedom of Information Act, established in 1966 in the United States, together with sources in other countries, to gather information that according to him “proves beyond doubt that there has been a monumental cover-up of the UFO subject.”​—Above Top Secret, by Timothy Good. (intriguing attention-grabbing name for a book isn't it? I've got his book called Alien Liaison, cause I like science-fiction and fantasy entertainment, I don't get it confused with reality or science/knowledge, I actually thought it was a novel, I was quite disappointed)

On the other hand, Professor Hines argues that the 997 pages of documents released, covering the period from 1949 to 1979, do not reveal an attempt at a government cover-up. He states: “An examination of the secret CIA papers and documents on UFOs reveals an agency mildly interested in the phenomenon but skeptical of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. These documents . . . also contradict the oft-repeated claims of a government cover-up of the ‘truth’ about UFOs.”

One of the foremost reasons for the lack of proof is that no UFO has ever been publicly exhibited, nor have any extraterrestrial beings officially presented themselves for public recognition. Furthermore, alleges Professor Hines, “there is no UFO photo that can be considered genuine showing anything other than vague shapes or blobs of light.”
edit on 6-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
BTW, the entertainment value of aliens is also the reason Scientology is going with aliens in their storylines.

It's just popular, it tickles people's ears. First lesson in con-artistry, marketing, politics, philosophy, pseudoscience falsely called or labeled as "science" and false theology (or false religion), tell people what they want to hear (including what captivates their attention, what intrigues them and that which makes them feel more 'awake' than others, or smarter, more enlightened, having more insight, oh yeah, and pretend it's a secret that hardly anybody knows about, secret knowledge, just like in cults, secret societies and religions where certain types of supposed 'knowledge' is only for the elect or the clergy and not the laity; i.e. only for those who have already been sufficiently brainwashed to play ball, to go along with it, often involving financial incentives such as paid clergy in religion).

What is also a useful tactic to grab attention is to say or do outrageous things. The actor, entertainer and somewhat of a clown (at least having a clown-act), Donald Trump is currently giving a masterclass in this and what it can achieve in politics in terms of getting people riled up by telling them what they want to hear. He's quite the clever con-artist in that regards, marketing himself in the process. But Alex Jones is another good example:

It's an act, as TheTruthRocks put it, they create buzz, which their fans eagerly guzzle down. Some of the prominent scientists are much more subtle about it though, like quantum cosmologists or theoretical physicists like Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss, Michio Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson. You can spot some overlap in the way they try to draw attention by talking about aliens, or possible alien lifeforms, the supposed multiverse, and certain subjects in quantum mechanics though. But just like Donald Trump, these are entertainers trying to draw some attention to whatever they have to say, and using self-marketing and mutual marketing techniques to gain credibility for whatever they have to say or sell.
edit on 7-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Their knowledge about what UFOs ‘ought’ to look like influenced their reports, along with the effects of visual illusions."

This is the reason why I replied to another thread here in the UFO section, which asked the question: why don't aliens wear bright colors or patterns?

My response was that the question is improperly formulated. The way to ask it is, "why are aliens never *reported* to be wearing bright colors or patterns?" There's a subtle difference, but it makes all the difference in the world.

When aliens are reported as having appeared similarly to those in previous reports, it lends credibility to the new report.

Another thing to consider: the government does not have the eyes and ears of the people. You've heard of the "see something--say something" effort to thwart subversive and terrorist activities. This is the government admitting they lack the resources to absolutely cover all aspects of any geographic area, city, town, neighborhood, or building. They're asking for our help.

This also means that if there were any real evidence of alien tech, *most of it* would be in the public domain because Joe The Plumber lives everywhere. The government does not. If something landed in your back 40, would YOU call the local sheriff? I sure wouldn't. I'd get the scoop! I'd get some pics and video out via social media. I'd post it here.

As skeptical as I am, I'd like to discover proof that we're not alone in the universe. Up to this point, however, it's all been noise. The very few that genuinely toil in anonymity--not seeking to make a buck--to discover alien life are perennially subverted by the charlatans and con men out to sell books, tee shirts, and...entertainment products. Anyone peddling UFO info on the talk show and lecture circuit is a shill unless they're doing it gratis, as far as I am concerned.

Cheers to all
edit on 7-3-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: No Good Reason Given!

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's a very myopic view. If Greer couldn't get any meaningful level of disclosure to occur after 500+ credible eye witness testimonials then there is never going to be an acknowledged disclosure by the government.

You cant unequivocally state what happened at Roswell was a definitive nothing no more than another person can state it was a definitive something. Neither of you have any proof to support your individual claims.

edit on 8-3-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's a very myopic view. If Greer couldn't get any meaningful level of disclosure to occur after 500+ credible eye witness testimonials then there is never going to be an acknowledged disclosure by the government.

Which is irrelevant if the government, as I have always suspected, is just as clueless as we and those 500+ witnesses are.

A good point was made earlier that true answers most likely lie with individual members of the public and their own personal experiences - whether they'd bother to report them to the local police/sheriff is another matter, of course. I certainly find ATSers' personal accounts far more believable (and 'chilling' in some cases) than the 'big-budget' blockbuster stories of Ufology since 1947. Speaking of which...

You cant unequivocally state what happened at Roswell was a definitive nothing no more than another person can state it was a definitive something. Neither of you have any proof to support your individual claims.

Well, the proof of nothing occurring (beyond the official 'earthly' explanation for the sticks and foil splattered across Mac Brazel's field on 14th June 1947 and left there for weeks until the subsequent Ken Arnold sighting sparked a reward for recovering a 'flying disc') is MASSIVE - exhaustively covered by two official reports that left no stone unturned... if people can be bothered to read them.

In fact, I have rarely seen so MUCH evidence presented for nothing 'paranormal' occurring at Roswell - rather than not providing, as you say, "any proof".

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

The argument with regards to Roswell can go the other way just as easily, though. If you don't trust the government to tell the truth (which I 100% don't) then by default anything they report is a fabrication with the intent to cover up the truth. That in itself leads us to believe there is something more to the story.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

James carrions book is good, ex director of Mufon and he released it for free, he even chimed in on ATS in a thread about the book..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join