It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Machine Economy Vs. The UBI: The Machine Economy is Winning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Checking in for later

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

24hr working surrogates. Think about that.

I don't know why I didn't think about this before. But do you remember the movie Surrogates?
Great sci-fi movie and definitely covers your idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I definitely want to hear your take on this.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

cryptodaily.co.uk...

The machine economy can't lose. So, what if these aspects result in a financial purgatory where one must choose the path of UBI vs. Investor? Choose UBI and forget about purchases of investment worth in exchange for simple security. Choose investor, and its a full on dog eat dog world of investment adaptations. The investor will own shares of the Uber networks and fleet services, while the UBI recipients pay the investor to use their personal bus to collect their UBI. The choices we make shall set us free!

www.chicagotribune.com...

Some people will just want to TV watch their life away... others will put their robots to work. Some people just want their fridge to warn them that their potatoes are bad... others just want to robotize other people's electronics for their own gain.

Decentralization will offer more choices, but the lack of learning fast paced technologies by the common person will render the need for a UBI is what seems to be unfolding...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

The truth is, this system wouldn't be unfair to them. But they certainly wouldn't reap as much benefit from it without contributing something.

Instead of the taxpayer funding their laziness through life, they can do it themselves. Nearly every commerce related behavior can be a compensable event.

Even the lazy artist type can make money from his/her work online or locally from an IoT economy, or a passive income from the many passive systems in place that would provide compensable services for the hardware/software owner.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just bought my Exodus 1 on pre-order and I should have it in April.

I paid for it in BTC. Smooth transaction, safe, and secure.

For educational purposes, you can view my transaction on the open blockchain.

That's what a bitcoin transaction for a real world product looks like.
edit on 2 3 19 by projectvxn because: edited link to isolate transaction.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Gaming platforms built on blockchain:

Enjin

Virtual Reality/virtual property blockchains. As VR expands the economic demands coming from these virtual worlds will be very real and we will need to address them.

Decentraland does that. They created virtual real estate and business is booming.

What we're creating here will far surpass anything that old-world economic thinking can come up with.
edit on 2 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't know if decentralization is the direction the block chain and currency is going I think we are moving towards ever increasing centralization and singularity

we are already 1 mind and TPTB know this and so they are trying to bring us into a place where we actually operate as a singular entity

1 order, 1 mind, 1, 1, 1... they are bringing us to the singularity

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

My thoughts align with this well. This is a double edged sword scenario possibly it feels. The peer to peer exchange and open ledger does encourage decentralization. When 3rd party intermediaries can be drastically reduced and all but eliminated, it may drive down the worth or even need for such 3rd parties. Lawyers, real estate agencies, arbitrators, bankers... could all be an extinct career as services to humans. They'll likely serve the automation.

On the other hand, China primarily dominates the crypto-sphere. It seems a tall feat to expect any government to roll out a decentralized program that allows for such decentralization to occur, removing their own worth at the same time. The last thing the U.S. wants to see is Bitcoin shoot to the moon, and sit back while China gobbles up its large market share and almost immediately becomes the world financial superpower.

The meet half way standard government will adopt to keep centralized while retaining all of the block chain benefits may show to be Ripple and XRP. Being pre-distributed and not a mined coin keeps the system centralized. SWIFT has long been overdue for overhaul.

Once crypto wallets are pre loaded into new cell phone purchases, it is on for good. Perhaps getting the masses to this Bitcoin dominated, unknown figure who created it, new asset class is the path of funneling the masses into a trap? It's severely insane to think that Bitcoin may change the financial world as we know it, people are jumping on board with no supports, and the world doesnt even know who Satoshi Nakamoto is??? What are people running from??? Part of me feels that BTC is to trap those that are anti-fiat into a corner...

This has been 30 years in the making...

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...[/exnew s]

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agreed... financial responsibility will be of the utmost importance in a decentralized society.

The decentralization will render the commerce sectors as the primary financial beneficiaries of automation. This means that tax payers won't likely be burdened with the UBI funding aspects. The increased profits from automation will render the burdens of a UBI onto the Commerce sector. Corporate entities will sponsor the communities of which they earn from more than a governments citizens would.

When people drive over the Manhattan bridge as a public bridge now, it may be the Verizon bridge. Verizon will pay for bridge upkeep, contract public funds for its operation... on top of the commerce pool already funding the bulk of tax burdens. When people retire their tax burdens drastically reduce as well... the UBI will be no different. Shareholders in a UBI network would likely not be eligible for UBI transfers. Maybe a Tesla inestor may not get Tesla's share of a UBI draw, but Coca Cola may still have to honor you a UBI payment if you aren't invested.

Decentralization will be a weird place indeed.

I seen you putting your block chain transaction in post. Take a look at this link, where you can travel throughg the block chain virtually and look at the merkle trees forming as transactions build:

iohk.io...

You'll have to hit play when the page opens for the chain to open up...

edit on 3-3-2019 by ttobban because: added statement

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I think this is where we need to draw a neutrality line. I don't want corporations of any kind owning the means of conveyance. Water ways, roads, and other infrastructures should remain neutral.

Edit:

I'm on my phone and on the move right now. You'll get a better response from me later that clarifies what I'm getting at.
edit on 3 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join