It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least six civilians and two Pakistani troops killed as fighting along frontier continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Following the hand over of India's captured pilot by Pakistan yesterday it was hoped tensions between the two long time enemies would be eased but it seems the shelling and gunfire across the border has intensified with news of at least six civilians and two Pakistani troops killed.

Fighting resumed overnight on Friday. Pakistan’s military said two of its soldiers were killed in an exchange of fire with Indian forces near the Line of Control that divides Kashmir between the rivals. It marked the first fatalities for Pakistani troops since Wednesday, when tensions dramatically escalated between the nuclear-armed neighbours over Kashmir, which is split between them but claimed by both in its entirety.

Indian police said two siblings and their mother were killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir. The three died after a shell fired by Pakistani soldiers hit their home in the Poonch region near the Line of Control. The children’s father was critically wounded.

In Pakistan-controlled Kashmir, government official Umar Azam said Indian troops with heavy weapons “indiscriminately targeted border villagers” along the Line of Control, killing a boy and wounding three other people. He said several homes were destroyed by Indian shelling.

Following a lull of a few hours, shelling and firing of small arms resumed on Saturday. A Pakistani military statement said two civilians were killed and two others wounded in the fresh fighting. The Indian army said Pakistani troops attacked Indian posts at several places along the militarised line.
www.theguardian.com...

Seems to me , and others , that Prime Minister Narendra Modi may be playing a dangerous game in order to show himself the strong man with elections due in India starting in April , it could also be the case the incursion in to Pakistani Kashmir on Wednesday was a politically motivated attack more to do with one mans desire to stay in power than trying to disrupt a terrorist group.

edit on 2-3-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Paakistan has had it coming, they have allowed terrorists safe harbor for far too long. They better watch it too because the Indian civilization already has a recorded history of having used nuclear weapons in battle thousands of years prior, and am guessing they will not hesitate to do so again in this age . Oppenheimer believed so himself based on his study of their ancient texts. Let us not forget Pakistan wants to host a Chinese military base, withheld Osama bin laden (maybe it was him, maybe not), and have already had ties with the US military pretty much cut due to their repeated collusion between their intelligence and regional terrorists and a lack of cooperation on their part to better co
Ntrol the border with Afghanistan.

Plus, this is the perfect opportunity for action in Venezuela. So while the rest of the world will be guided to watch the action between two nuclear powers, I'm keeping my eye on Venezuela.
edit on 3-2-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Paakistan has had it coming, they have allowed terrorists safe harbor for far too long.

I don't doubt that but if suspicions are right Narendra Modi has perpetrated a false flag attack for his own political gain , that's dirty politics at its dirtiest and a dangerous game to be playing given the possible consequences.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What suspicions indicate a possible false flag?? Like I said, this is the perfect opportunity to do something in Venezuela while eyes are turned to the decades old fight between rivals over Kashmir.

India is quite a great friend of ours, so those suspicions could actually confirm my own.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

What suspicions indicate a possible false flag??

That India launched an attack without merit in order to start this face off , the MiG-21 that Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was flying was sent up with the intention of it being lost which is why the Wing Commander was flying such an old aircraft.
According to Pakistan the Indian strike didn't target any buildings and dropped their payload on open ground , no casualties were reported , if true that makes the targeting a terrorist camp and killing many of them explanation look unlikely.

I don't see how this situation has any bearing on the situation in Venezuela.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Attention. When everyone the MSM pointed everyone's eyeballs towards Venezuela, they forgot and ignore we were actually boosting our presence in Rojava, not drawing it down. Or the fact that fo whatever reason daesh families and fighters are being granted evacuation rights. Now they technically paid for this with 50tons of gold, so I can allow this to slide on the grounds of a business transaction.

But the MSM now has to direct all the eyeballs towards this, even though they kill each other's soldiers at least once a year along the line of control. This is why I say, what am I not supposed to see happening elsewhere??

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If I go to news sites, this is hardly a headline on most...

Either they aren't trying hard or they know other stories serve a better distraction.

Maybe this is just historical enemies being just that... Every couple of years, rinse and repeat.

Edit: I'm not saying it shouldn't be a headline, but over the last few decades I've seen a trend of Americans not really interested geopolitics.
edit on 2-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Paakistan has had it coming, they have allowed terrorists safe harbor for far too long.

I don't doubt that but if suspicions are right Narendra Modi has perpetrated a false flag attack for his own political gain, that's dirty politics at its dirtiest and a dangerous game to be playing given the possible consequences.

Wouldn't discount the dirty politics but thought a recent terrorist attack was tied to a group known to be operating in Pakistan.

After terrorist attack in Kashmir, will India seek vengeance ...
Search domain www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/25/after-terrorists-attacked-kashmir-will-india-seek-vengeance-or-de-escalation/www.washingtonpost.com... /politics/2019/02/25/after-terrorists-attacked-kashmir-will-india-seek-vengeance-or-de-escalation/
Feb 25, 2019 · An Islamist terrorist group, Jaish-e-Muhammad — based in Pakistan though nominally banned by the Pakistani government — reportedly took credit for the attack.
edit on 2-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

but over the last few decades I've seen a trend of Americans not really interested geopolitics.

This thread would seem to bear that out.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wouldn't discount the dirty politics but thought a recent terrorist attack was tied to a group known to be operating in Pakistan.

I think that would depend on what India hit on Wednesday , if Pakistan are lying and buildings were targeted and casualties taken then it makes India's story credible but I still find the timing interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think that would depend on what India hit on Wednesday , if Pakistan are lying and buildings were targeted and casualties taken then it makes India's story credible but I still find the timing interesting.

As do I.

I'm not discounting the possibility of the official line given out, however, there are many variables that need to be considered.

Back in 2008 I watched a documentary called "Blue Gold: World Water Wars". It predicted an uptick in conflicts due to nations pulling too much from natural water ways that eventually go to another country also reliant on such as a source.

Obviously countries don't outright say they are going to conflict over resources in many cases.

For those who don't want to watch the documentary, here is a short article from Foreign Policy about the possibility of a water conflict in the region.

It shouldn't be hard to imagine though, as the population growth is booming in a region with arid climate not being rare.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

As do I.

I'm not discounting the possibility of the official line given out, however, there are many variables that need to be considered.

Back in 2008 I watched a documentary called "Blue Gold: World Water Wars". It predicted an uptick in conflicts due to nations pulling too much from natural water ways that eventually go to another country also reliant on such as a source.

Obviously countries don't outright say they are going to conflict over resources in many cases.

For those who don't want to watch the documentary, here is a short article from Foreign Policy about the possibility of a water conflict in the region.

It shouldn't be hard to imagine though, as the population growth is booming in a region with arid climate not being rare.

I take everything with a healthy dose of salt now, as we have seen our politicians lie, our media is slanted, message boards are likely biased as they have ever been. When an international story hits it just adds another few layers to deal with.

Definitely, think water is going to a flashpoint in the near future. There has been disputes and I believe lawsuits between Georgia and Florida for years. LOL now imagine that internationally.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
weird situation ... how about looking into the weapons that the EU , mainly France and Italy provide to India and Pakistan. Howitzers to shoot across the border against populated areas !!!

new topics

top topics

join