It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demo1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
MODS if this is the wrong forum please move as needed and thanks in advance.

So here we go guys, SpaceX is about to launch the first crew dragon capsule test flight to the ISS.
The capsule will contain gear and "Ripley" (SpaceX space suit fitted with many sensors to gather data) that will with any luck successfully dock with the ISS.

If all goes well the next test will be a launch escape test. Hopefully we get to that point with little to no hiccups before.

This will save NASA around $19,000,000 a seat per launch using SpaceX. Now keep in mind that cost is subject to change but for now that is the presumed cost that can be saved!

If you are interested in watching this launch at 2:49 A.M. ET (about 45 min from now) you can watch it live here at NASA.

Also just to add March is hopefully the month we get to see another Falcon Heavy launch!
Exciting times if ya ask me

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yep, and with today's level of CGI, there is literally nothing stoping them from opening a Starbucks on one of Jupiters moons.
Very exciting times, can't wait to put on my VR helmet and eat some astronaut ice cream

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I really have to get me a VR headset! I have a crappy one that was only $35. It's fun but not the real thing.
My 6G GTX 1060 can handle it. I just haven't got one yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Successful first stage separation! Next step is landing upright on the drone ship.
Fingers crossed!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Live Feed: www.youtube.com...

Crew Dragon successfully deployed into low-earth orbit!
edit on 2-3-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I am super glad I stayed up to watch this!
Still have a glass of wine to consume so I guess maybe some Kerbal is in order

Anyways this launch is a step in the right direction. Glad to all those that watched and to anyone that didn’t, this progress is really something to pay attention to.
This goes far beyond politics and should be something that us all should be interested in.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Reminds me of when I was a kid and we’d watch the launch of Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo rockets.

But the video feeds are SO much better now!

I used to live not far from the engine test facilities for Aerojet and MacDonald Douglas back in the ‘60’s; it was thrilling to see the rockets I had heard (and felt!) test firing, actually launch on TV.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Great tracked footage of the launch by "Astronomy Live", who used to post on here as "ngchunter" by the way:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join