It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman AOC is making a Dirt List !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's still regressive.
Lower income earners are paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes when they buy something.

Good thing for them that its going towards the perfect education system we've had for the last 40 years, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

She's not my moron, but no, no civil war. Sorry. Disagreement, indeed.
edit on 3/2/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Test drive?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

It's still regressive.
Lower income earners are paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes when they buy something.

Good thing for them that its going towards the perfect education system we've had for the last 40 years, right?

Good thing you've missed the point. The discussion was about a system of taxation which is not in place.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Test drive?

TheRedneck

Say what?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You said she wasn't your moron, so I assume she's just on loan...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh.

Good one.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's still regressive.

Your point is correct but also is moot since it is that way with everything you buy already unless you want variable prices based on total income too like if my meat cost 12 bucks a pound and yours is 3 bucks a pound for the same meat based on our yearly wages. In many cases I can see where it would not be as you say such as your whisky cost 20 bucks since that is what you can afford and mine is 200 bucks since that is what I can afford. I pay 10X the tax then...

The other side of this is you just buy the basics if you are poor and pay no tax, where I spend spend spend like there ain't no end...Once again I don't see this as regressive.

edit on 2-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Your point is correct but also is moot
Incorrect. The issue is not the cost of goods but the taxation on the purchase.

The other side of this is you just buy the basics if you are poor and pay no tax,
Who said anything about "the poor?"

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The issue is not the cost of goods but the taxation on the purchase.

Once again you don't buy it then you are not taxed, you have choice. Choice is fair...

You want to talk regressive...How about the liberal's desire to tax all the crap foods and drinks, you know the stuff poor people can only afford. My grass grazed beef I buy by the 1/2 cow at 3 bucks a pound will not be taxed. Also how about the rent to own where the poor pay 5 times the value of a cheap washer at 17% interest and I pay cash for the best on the market and it cost me less over all than the cheap one the poor person can only buy.

I do not know why you want to figure in yearly pay in this as it is with income taxation.
edit on 2-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Once again you don't buy it then you are not taxed, you have choice. Choice is fair...
If you are wealthy and choose to buy a Kia and I am not wealthy and can only afford a Kia, I am taxed at a higher effective rate than you. That is not "fair."

Also how about the rent to own where the poor pay 5 times the value of a cheap washer at 17% interest and I pay cash for the best on the market and it cost me less over all than the cheap one the poor person can only buy.
Really bad sentence structure but I think I parsed it properly. Is the interest taxed?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you are wealthy and choose to buy a Kia and I am not wealthy and can only afford a Kia, I am taxed at a higher effective rate than you. That is not "fair."

Did I miss something? The tax would be the same on the same product at the same price.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Did I miss something?

Apparently.
The tax has a greater impact on the lower income payer. That is what regressive means.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I would disagree.

She (like many others) needs to be highlighted.

She needs to be exposed.

Her authoritarian approach to government would be better suited in a Soviet Union setting or a banana republic somewhere.

She's evil.

Ignoring evil is giving it passive acceptance.

Quoted for truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

OK, I understand now.

Difficult to put into practice, though. I really don't want to provide proof of income to buy a box of nails.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

A good reason that such a tax structure is not in place.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So it is only fair if we both make the same money? I disagree, we pay the same, it doesn't matter how much we make. You do not need to buy a car period. We are taxed the same...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

So it is only fair if we both make the same money?
Yes.

We are taxed the same...
And, with a regressive tax, the lower income earner bears a greater burden.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

A good reason that such a tax structure is not in place.

We have it in place it is called sales tax, and a number of liberal states want a crap food/drink tax...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join