It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about appetite and hunger

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: highvein
They recorded him day and night for like 7 or 10 days, with no eating or drinking. Eventually he got up and moved further into the forest. The last I heard he got into trouble for something.

Yeah, to go get some food and water because that's as long as he could go.

Something about kidnapping and raping girls that travelled to visit his ashram or become a disciple and girls disappearing.

Yeah, I think that was what I read on why he got into trouble.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Now I am going to have to try it.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That sounds like a great experience to have.

And congratz on the writer status!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Start with a weekend.. two days then break your fast on the third day.

I would highly recommend just starting with carrots and an apple... use a masticating juicer and throw in an apple, seeds and all and add enough carrots to make a 12-16 ounce juice.

Pick a non-sweet apple like a Granny Smith to balance the taste out... carrot juice is sweet.

Don't worry about a press yet.. the fiber will take away any hunger pains.

Do 4-6 juices a day for two days.

Then see where you go.. that's where I started.

edit on 1-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I would highly recommend just starting with carrots and an apple... use a masticating juicer and throw in an apple, seeds and all and add enough carrots to make a 12-16 ounce juice.

Pick a non-sweet apple like a Granny Smith to balance the taste out... carrot juice is sweet.

Sweet. I think I need to buy a juicer now. Is it odd that I am getting excited about that?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sweet. I think I need to buy a juicer now. Is it odd that I am getting excited about that?

Not in the slightest.

Start with an Omega masticating juicer... like an 8004 or an 8006.

Don't throw a whole bunch of money into it yet... see if it works for you.

I played with 345345345345 different juicers till I got to that one... it works for what you want.

I bought an 8006 and it's still good after 30 juices a month for me and my wife (cancer) did 390 juices a month on it for a few years.

edit on 1-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

“After one year of stay in the area of Halkhoriya, when my main prayers and support continued to be directed towards Bomjon, I had been suddenly enticed to return to his compound by a lie that he wished to have an urgent conversation with me, on 28 December, 2012. I had been then kidnapped and held hostage by him for three months till 24 March, 2012, beaten by him and his monks and civilian attendants, tortured by countless bizarre ways, and sexually assaulted at his order. The heavy chains he used to tie me damaged my neck bone and ankles. He had also robbed me of my computer, phone and other devices and of my Czech ID card.

“He had ordered many of his attendants, Buddhist monks, to torture me and beat me regularly, while I was left on the chains alone in the deep jungle. The only time when he ordered me to unchain from the tree was for the Big Beating during a new moon night, when my two wrists had been broken by Bomjon himself and Molam lama, he broke a hole into my forehead, before I was carried back to the tree and chained to it again.

He ordered his attendant Darshan Limbu to add to my suffering by sexually assaulting me on repeated occasions, in a sick and desecrating way, in between the mantra-chanting of his Puja. While there were tens of thousands of people, including hundreds of foreigners just a few minutes’ walk from the tree I was chained to, the torturing, terrorizing with ‘we will kill you tomorrow’ and sexual defiling continued.”

After she’d been rescued and freed from her chains and abuse at the hands of her former guru, Marici claims the only recourse was against her: That is, the government of Nepal made her pay a fine for overstaying her visa.

Something equally sketchy went down with Bomjon’s sister Manu. For an unknown reason, she had returned to Nepal and her brother’s compound from Malaysia, where she’d been happily working as a coder and providing for Maya Devi and her extended family. While there, though, Manu suffered a severe beating to the head, at the hands, rumors claim, of Dorje and Darshan.

A year later, she died of unspecified “brain damages.” Some believe she contracted encephalitis. Others say she suffered a brain edema that festered due to the severity of the wounds she received at her brother’s orders. Either way, it was yet another ominous turn of events within the long reach of the Buddha Boy.

melmagazine.com...

edit on 3/1/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Will do. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There is a practice that gets talked about in dieting circles called intermittant fasting where you basically pack your caloric consumption for the day into about an 8 hour window.

Turns out I've naturally been doing it for years. I've never been a breakfast eater, so it's normal for me to at most have some coffee with cream on my way to work and then not eat until around 2pm and have a dinner at around 7. Then not eat anything until 2 the next day.

Once my body gets into the swing of things, it's basically trained and doesn't bug me. I keep it hydrated and it expects food at those times like Pavlov's dog. It might take a day or so to adjust to a new schedule and I might experience some hunger while I adjust, but otherwise, smooth sailing.

Right now, my problem is undereating. Today, I missed my supper window, and now I'm not hungry, but I didn't eat enough calories. So I underate. That's not good because it will adjust my metabolism down.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

There is a lot there in your post to address. I will try to take it apart.

If you are low on a certain nutrient, the body sends out a craving for that chemical or nutrient. Enzymes need certain nutrients to function correctly, the way it works is with both electrical impulses and chemicals that create hunger of a certain kind, hence a craving. Eat the wrong thing or something that is supposed to have that chemistry but doesn't and your hunger continues. If you boost the nutrient you crave, it might cause a shortage of another nutrient and you keep eating till you solve the issue. It is very complex. On top of that, if you are deficient in some vitamins, the enzyme to break down the vitamin might need the vitamin that you are deficient in to be created. So it doesn't work and you can eat a lot but it does not get absorbed because of a deficiency doesn't allow it. Also certain vitamins work together, boosting one without boosting the other does nothing, this also depends on minerals, a deficiency in a mineral can stop necessary enzymes from forming to use the vitamins. Some processes take multiple enzymes to work, but the craving could be for the main nutrient the body senses it needs, even though a coenzyme is needed.

I hope that makes sense

Salt contains both sodium and chloride, the chloride is used to make stomach acid...the HCL part. but the HCL is just a part of the stomach secretions, histamines also are a part along with some special enzymes to process things. H2 blockers or H1 blockers block certain histamines and they are used to stop certain problems in the gut. Prilosec and others fit into this class. They do block a little stomach acid but mostly block histamine release. Pepsin is another one that is used for stomach problems, pepto bismol is one type if I remember right. But they add enzymes, not block histamines much.

Cold liquids actually stimulate stomach acid and increases the production of amphetamines in the body while hot liquids help to stimulate the heating or cooling of the body. so if you want to get warmer in the winter, maybe coffee or hot chocolate might help.

Sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium, and calcium are critical for electrolytes, they also shuffle toxins out of cells and and carry some nutrients into the cells. Potassium bonds sugar to insulin, magnesium is required for a lot of enzymes and along with calcium forms the pulsing of nutrients in and out of cells. On the other side of the calcium channel is glutamate, calcium works with it, too much of either can cause problems. sugar and salt are both osmolites meaning they can get stuff in and out of cells, not enough salt and your cells can swell and edema can result, but there are many other factors. If you all of a sudden eat a lot of salt, the cells all dump their contents and blood pressure can jump up fast and high. A balance of salt in the diet is needed, that balance is regulated by diuretic hormones which work with the kidneys.

Fructose is hard to process in the body, too much and it gets stored till the liver gets freed up to process it. Glucose in moderation is good, it fuels the brain and the brain feeds the gut. sugar is not evil, but too much is not good, that includes fruits high in fructose. I have problems with the sugar raffinose. I don't think I have the right bacteria in my gut that help to split it, I get some stomach problems if I eat too much of those veggies. That's life. I must not be able to live symbiotically with those little microbes. If I cook the cabbage in soup for hours I have no problems with it, but if the cabbage is raw or lightly cooked I do. Everyone is different, but I have to eat the way I have to eat. I tried probiotics and that did not go well, I guess me and some microbes will never be able to live well together. I guess I am racist after all.

Sorry for the long post, but remember, some spices and food chemistries alter the communication in the body. Little testing is done on the added chemicals in food these days as to how it can effect all people, only known large scale problems are tested for.

Another thing, chemistry is added to lots of foods to boost hunger so you eat more, this chemistry is sometimes natural and some is added purposely so you learn to crave something because it boosts your stomach acid. I ate a donut hole today at the store, a sample, and it made my stomach instantly growl and I wanted to go back and get another sample and buy some...but I knew what was going on so I just suffered with it for ten minutes and it went away.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have to tell you..that many people cannot eat carrots hardly at all without some really weird side effects.

I am one of them..they poison me, literally, and many people I have researched with who have been in the hunt for what ails them...have found this true as well.

No two of us are alike..and piles of these supposedly healthy veggies and fruits have real different effects on a good lot of people.

Most do not even know it, or the combinations that have triggered their immune system to react.

Since I eliminated carrots a good 50% of my issues were solved.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I have to tell you..that many people cannot eat carrots hardly at all without some really weird side effects.

I am one of them..they poison me, literally, and many people I have researched with who have been in the hunt for what ails them...have found this true as well.

No two of us are alike..and piles of these supposedly healthy veggies and fruits have real different effects on a good lot of people.

Most do not even know it, or the combinations that have triggered their immune system to react.

Since I eliminated carrots a good 50% of my issues were solved.

Can you eat cooked carrots? Sometimes the chemistry of plants causing the reaction is not heat stable.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Also, why doesn't liquid work to make hunger go away, even for a short time, or make the cognitive symptoms of hunger go away? It has calories in it, it has sugar in it, sodium, if we're talking about soda for example, but any beverage with the same things in it would work, natural sugars or not.

I can attest to the fact that water does reduce your appetite. The key is you have to drink a lot of it during the day. How do I know this? Well my daughter is what you would call a fitness nut. Six months ago she purchased a diet for me called the 24 day challenge. I wouldn't suggest this diet to anyone unless you can follow a very strict diet, with very little carbs and sugar, and a huge amount of protein. You also have to weight and keep track of your macros daily. Included with this diet, I had to pop on average 3-4 probiotic and fish oil pills before every meal.

Here's the clincher, my daughter told me I had to drink a gallon a day of water!! I already drink a lot of water, but nowhere near a gallon of water a day! That's (16) 8 ounces of water a day! I normally drink about (6) 8 ounces of water a day. Anyways after the first couple of days drowning myself with water, I started to realize my appetite or cravings went away! I literally had to keep score how many 8 ounce glasses of water I was drinking in a day, lol. My appetite diminished to the point where my daughter was surprised I was eating smaller meal portions than what the diet allowed! I kept telling her and family members I wasn't as hungry as I used to be.

In the end after the 24 days I lost 22 lbs. Not bad. It's helped me to become more informed about the amount of fat and sugar content in my food and I eat more vegetables now. As for the water, still can't get my self to drink a gallon of water a day, but like I said, I can indeed attest to the fact it fills you up and reduces your hunger. I'm just surprised after finishing that diet I didn't grow fins and scales due to the amount of water I drank, lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
True hunger is felt after not eating for a couple of days. Try it. It’s fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Go online and search:
Hunger pangs: 7 causes.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've also been drinking a ton of water for years. The neurologist put me on topamax for migraine prevention, and warned me it had kidney stones as a side effect. He said to just keep drinking to stave that off.

So I've trained myself to always have a glass of liquid with me, usually water, but sometimes tea. It's nothing to go through 3 to 4 32 oz tumblers or in a day, or more.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
We have to think of our bodies as a battery. Being kind of like a phone battery, quality of charge is relevant... as is age.

Neural/brain activity spans throughout the body. Thousands of mitochondria within each cell vessel the charge/firing capacity of neurons. Neurons fire off at ONLY full capacity. A damaged mitochondria network tells the brain to prioritize inflammation damage, send in the immune system, which is taxed with energy levels and physical ailments. The slope of preparing for vessel death begins its slow and treacherous crawl to relevancy... the slow death of mitochondria within cells remains a hidden but dangerous killer.

I fast every day, ensuring my body enters ketosis. If we stuff our vessels with a constant supply of food/sustenance than our brain neural network (which consumes about 20% of the entire battery draw) starts to diminish its own capabilities to activate the immune system. If inflammation resides anywhere in the body the brain will prioritize battery energy to repair it as opposed to using the energy for brain activity. Once the body is safe and operating to standards, the brain can regenerate neurons.

Four days with no food and water = no problem. Never do I feel hunger pains. Haven't taken even an aspirin in years, and enjoy learning about the internal galaxies that live within us.

YouSir said it better than I ever could. My points add that the brain won't allow for the spiritual path if the vessel is inflamed. Just like ClovenSky touched on, now mental health days can be worked towards now that the sugar coated mitochondria are lessened physically.

Great thread!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've also been drinking a ton of water for years. The neurologist put me on topamax for migraine prevention, and warned me it had kidney stones as a side effect. He said to just keep drinking to stave that off.

So I've trained myself to always have a glass of liquid with me, usually water, but sometimes tea. It's nothing to go through 3 to 4 32 oz tumblers or in a day, or more.

I was put on Topamax by a neurologist for my epilepsy many years ago. I actually had some kidney stones at the time, but I did not realize they were related. That med and the other four antiepileptic meds I was on were not tolerated by my body, topamax was my first one, I was on that for about seven months, but it really did not help and had some side effects but the Depakote and lamictal really had bad side effects. I can't even remember what the other two were off hand, but they had side effects, one seemed to shut down my immune system regulation, boy did I have major problems with that one. All of my symptoms fit into the possible side effects on the disclosure but the original drug paperwork evolved on two of them, Yes, I saved those drug side effect things, and I compared them after I was taken off of a med after three years, all my symptoms were on the newest paperwork at higher risk levels and were absent or downplayed on the paper I got when I started the meds. I never bothered to check if things had changed. Read your newest literature on things. I had thought I had missed the side effects, they were not there when I started the med and the doctors said my symptoms did not match the side effects when I started so thought they were not related.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I didn't see that my ATS cell mentor posted... great post!

Would you mind sharing and listing your daily routine of diet, maybe including volumes, quality, and how often for us to learn from with the group?

You have shown an extreme gain of knowledge on the subjects over time, and I can attest that readers just eating what you do will show them a plan that cuts short the need to learn the complexities you've taken on learning wise.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: rickymouse

I didn't see that my ATS cell mentor posted... great post!

Would you mind sharing and listing your daily routine of diet, maybe including volumes, quality, and how often for us to learn from with the group?

You have shown an extreme gain of knowledge on the subjects over time, and I can attest that readers just eating what you do will show them a plan that cuts short the need to learn the complexities you've taken on learning wise.

I can't do that yet. I test a lot on food chemistries on myself to see what reactions occur and often try to see if I can build a tolerance to something I know I am metabolically intolerant to. I figured that if the doctors could experiment on me with meds only to find they made me sick, I could do the same thing and learn from my experience. I can give a lot of input to specific problems that arise, but I have access to my genetic data and my whole families genetic data and utilize that info along with family history to figure things out.

If I give suggestions, I usually tell of some of the side effects to look for and what might possibly stop the side effects. It is a long process to test on myself, It took me a year just to find out positively that I can't eat bananas, avacados, and kiwi with a lot of other common foods in my diet, including carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and so on and so forth. It took me four to five years to verify I am intolerant to the majority of the Balsam of Peru allergy veggies. Two of my grandkids and one great grandkid are also allergic to them, my both daughters do not eat many of these foods either, nobody seems to like ketchup of my offspring. That is independent of the class one to class 2 chitinase cross reactivity, and to verify that this was unrelated was not easy. People tend to avoid things that make them not right, then comes along the health nuts spreading that this food is a superfood and good for you, then you start to eat it and find side effects. Knoweledge can over power proper cravings and cause toxic overloads over the long term, occasionally eating something is way different than changing your diet. This is ancestrial, meaning our ancestors ate different than others ancestors to stay healthy. My particular problems are in the benzo area, yet the potato does not bother me nor do certain berries which contain moderate benzine chemistries of certain types. But not cranberries though. I need some benzoates or benzoic acid but too much is definitely not good.

Now, only about twenty percent of people have this problem in this country, some will never know it because they do not like to eat the foods that trigger it. But the health nuts accentuating one good chemistry in the food convince people that these foods are good for you and poison lots of people with the incomplete knowledge they have.

I cannot tell anyone what to eat, I can only identify possible ways to alter the metabolism by suggesting small changes that may help. Seems that when you get a lot of knowledge, things get much blurrier and it makes it harder to tell someone possible solutions. Also the chemistry of food has changed and even trace amounts of glyphosate can effect some people negatively.

I can say a few things though that will help a lot of people.

The gluten allergy shares symptoms with glyphosate intolerance, and organic white flour tastes a hell of a lot better than regular flour when making things. Commercial flour can have a bitter aftertaste, the organic white flour tastes smoother in crusts and breads.

Grassfed beef is better for you than commercial beef, it can be finished for a month or so with grain, but it should also have hay or grass with that finishing with grain. The grain should be natural though, cows do take up pesticides and herbicides just like humans do, most is excreted but not all.

Watch the lectins, there is info on the net about lectins causing problems, also make sure the whites of the egg is cooked well, albumin in eggs can cause similar symptoms as lectins, same with the chemistry of milk and the juices of meats, all meat has a type of albumin in it that can dilate the guts too, allowing the passage of not totally digested protein to enter triggering inflammation and platelet agglutination. Cooking of the meat binds this chemical to the meat better, sometimes even pasteurizing milk can bind the albumin to the milk proteins which lessens the reaction. But pasteurizing also breaks down the taurine in milk so does cooking meat. Taurine is a conditional amino acid, if we have the right conditions and elements we can make it. But some food chemistry or lack of proper chemistry can cause a lack of taurine in our bodies if we do not consume the elements needed or if we do not consume meats that contain it. A lack of sulfite oxidase in our bodies can grind conditional to a halt, also sulfite oxidase is needed to actually use taurine.

Most people think of food allergies but the majority of food intolerance is actually metabolic problems, eating foods you cannot completely metabolize correctly leads to some problems long term, problems which can become permanent disabilities if the liver, pancreas, or kidneys become damaged too much.

As far as my diet, I am sixty three years old, I do not want to just eat things I should, I still eat tomatoes about once a week even though they are bad for me. My wife makes great lasagna, I will suffer with it but now limit these foods containing tomatoes to once a week. I like pizza, I like chili and tacos, I won't give them up, I will just occasionally eat them. My wife has no problem with those foods, in fact she breaks down these things too well, causing her to need a anti-anxiety med if she does not get them. I on the other hand cannot eat a lot of tyramines because I do not break down tyramines well, I cannot be eating foods high in tyramines or foods that break down the enzymes that metabolize tyramines.

So, we figured that we would eat seventy five percent real foods, leaving twenty five percent of our diet to include junk foods. I do not break down fibers well, causing intestinal problems, I could take amylase I suppose or just drink two cokes a month to break up any bezoars that occur.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join