It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has happened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dear god. There's another one of you.

Bahahaha! I know, scary right?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I've had a different experience with my 16 yr old daughter.
She will go to the movie with her parents and her friends.....

Ugh

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I hate to tell you, but all his friends fathers are going......

You're at a crossroads, time to cool it up a bit. Only one thing to do.

Buy him booze and hookers......

It's a right of passage.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yup...I know this well.
We have like 4 ft of snow here.
Last weekend the wife was work, and all the kids were at home for once.
So we said let’s go sledding.
The 10 and 12 year old got excited and wanted to go. But our 14 year is too cool now to put snow pants on... let alone cover her belly.
I don’t understand why kids think it’s cool or cute to wear half a winter jacket that only comes down to just above the belly button.

Hopefully in a couple years she will want to hang out with mom and dad again. ..just in time when the other two become to cool to hang out with us.
Damn kids anyways

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Maybe I can be cool too, like start playing the video games and doing the "Mashed Potato" at the disco or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe I can be cool too, like start playing the video games and doing the "Mashed Potato" at the disco or something.

Good start, also sit him down and tell him how you saved a bunch of money by switching to geico. Then explain the huge benefit of the savings being compounded over time while trimming a small bonsai tree.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

At least you're not being dragged to spy on your niece's date with their morose drunken lush mother, at a bar full of millennials, 2 of whom had mommy issues combined with Beer Gogglitis and either asked you out or blatantly tried to make out with you.

I'm not saying this happened to me, but this might have happened to people, in the world, that look like me or my family.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh Christ Zazz, that's bad!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Good start, also sit him down and tell him how you saved a bunch of money by switching to geico. Then explain the huge benefit of the savings being compounded over time while trimming a small bonsai tree.

The secret is using fingernail clippers on the tiny branches.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well it wasn't all bad, the date went south so said niece joined us for the rest of the night lol.
She had waaaay more fun with the embarrassing old slappers that thought they were cool hip moms.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
he'll be back. Mine is almost 20, and he's already not embarrassed to be seen with me again! If you told me that 4 years ago I would never believe you. There is hope. 😊

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

They come back though.

... when they need their laundry done in college.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

*sobs*
... I've lost my little boy. . . . . . ...

You ain't lost him. Mine is 32 now. He went through a phase. He was an a$$h073 for a while. There were a few years when if he'd not been my son, I'd have had nothing to do with him.

Now, he calls me every day. At least once a day. Recently going through something of a mid-life crisis, I live in a different country. He's leaning on me.

He just needs to grow up, spread his wings a bit. Let him have his space. You know that old, corny adage about how if you love something, let it go ... It's true. It'll come back. If you've done it right, it never even leaves, it just feels like it.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
MMhmmm..."friends" is code for a chick ya know. Probably going to see the submarine races at makeo....errrrr lookout point afterward.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Maybe you two just need a new bonding experience, introduce him to the world of Gunther-beating, he'll love it.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
At least you're not being dragged to spy on your niece's date with their morose drunken lush mother, at a bar full of millennials, 2 of whom had mommy issues combined with Beer Gogglitis and either asked you out or blatantly tried to make out with you.

I'm not saying this happened to me, but this might have happened to people, in the world, that look like me or my family.

You trying to make me jealous?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Sweeet. Is this you???????
Pertinent part at 2:30

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Dear god what is that horror show and how did it get greenlit for a season

Honey those ladies are early thirties, that makes them cougarlings compared to me. Try posting half century, fat old grey and wrinkled.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You forgot to mention your stained track suit, greasy hair, and cheeto-fingers..

Just kidding!

We all know you won't look like that again until April when GoT returns...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No idea. I was looking at my Thunderbird/Cougar car videos and that popped up. Lol

Its the thought that counts....right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join