It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just can't handle this - God and Simulation Theor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xxcatcatcatxx

The Universe as computer metaphor is completely wrong. It ignores 50% of the evidence that that Universe is wave-like as much as it is particle. Everything in the Universe is connected to everything else in one giant analog wave of vibrating jello like reality. Computers have a clock cycle. The Universe has time but time is arbitrary and many people believe time is an invention of man's mind:

There is no such thing as time

There is a view the Universe is a giant clock. Evidence from quantum mechanics has proven we do not live in a clockwork Universe:

Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism

So if we do not live in a clockwork Universe, what is "IT" that decides which quantum state gets realized. What is the "IT" that decides the exact moment radioactive decay occurs. Like most unanswerable questions with regards to our deepest understandings of who we are, our place in the Universe, and everything, there is only one word that represents the answer:

Consciousness is the one problem the materialists hate the most.

Contrary to delusions made popular by movies like the Matrix, the Universe is not a giant computer simulation. There is no simulation, there is no computer, there is no clockwork Universe. Instead, there is one giant wave of energy with every piece of matter is connected to every other piece of matter making up an integral part of the same never-ending wave of energy.

Our brains are not a computer. Our brains are more like analog radio or analog TV receiver. Our memories and who we are exist in the fabric of reality as part of the wave of energy making up the Universe. Our consciousness is a signal coming from the Universe. Our brains and body just transport consciousness signals back and forth to the one energy wave connecting everything. The wave making up the fabric of space-time stores every possibility in both directions of time. We are radio receivers tapping into the wave at any moment.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

it’s a thousand dollar hangover it ain’t even the worst I’ve had
but if you think I’m sitting out this dance
pour me one more drink, I’ve still got a ghost of a chance

might not be right but I’m sure
I might be a fool but I ain’t a kid no more
and I’ve lost it all before
I’m no stranger to the barroom floor
when I’m down for the count there’s a voice I can’t ignore

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When you plant a seed doesn't it make you happiest to see it grow into a vibrant beautiful plant and you helped it to become that?
I believe that making you the best "you" you can be would make both you and the programmer very happy.
Don't you agree?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
It would be really funny if this is a simulation and God is testing out his creation while wiping his memory to have a go through. I wonder what Country he will be a citizen of first?

Mexico but will have to file the proper papers like everyone else if he wants to be allowed into the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nooooo....

Regardless of religion and man’s interpretations and theories (scientific or theological), God can still “be” regardless of what we believe or don’t believe.

I’m in a situation where I have come to rely upon God in a way that is outside the boundaries of religion.

I have no problem with religion and love the richness of the teachings, I just landed on a different road.

Consider- do we let man’s interpretation of the divine steal our access to it because maybe we disagree with the teachings/traditions or find it inflexible , wromg, etc? I feel like humans have been cut off intentionally, with all the fighting and demanding this way or that. Most people now just fully walk away.

Take a different road if needed but consider not walking away- the world needs access to the light you bring.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
God does not have to exist before we exist.

God is a concept that is not bound by our Absolute Newtonian Timeframe.

Neither would God need to be bound by relative space-time.

If God emerges in our future, then God can create us in the past, without needing to have existed there in the first place.

Paradoxically, it's not intuitive to think of God in that way.

However, you can't place any restrictions on full omnipotence. Else you're putting labels on something, that is not.

Simulation, or no, a concept of God isn't superceded by our existence being a part of a larger system. Realistically it is.

The entire universe is represented as a simulation of itself.

If you consider a tangible Universe as relative positions of particles and wave force interaction...
What would you expect to see, looking at a simulation of the same thing?

I bend the idea of our Universe is in a simulation, into "our universe is a simulator".

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Do not walk away.

Step up and lead. Some people won't like it.

To hell with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: xxcatcatcatxx
This topic is legitimately giving me a mental breakdown but I feel like so much stuff in the Bible just makes sense in the context and through the filter of that we're just in a simulation and God is a programmer.

Anyway basically it's been awful over the last few weeks, so bad I just want to quit religion, which makes me so sad because God is genuinely always there for me but I just can't handle it. I cry about this so much because it just scares me the amount of sense it makes. I'm just scared, terrified in fact. More scared than I've ever been about anything.

Has anyone else had this or can offer any advice? I obviously should stay away from conspiracies but I've opened that door now and it won't shut and I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance

xxx
+

I tried to DM you but your wall is not set up.

I've come to about the same conclusion, but it gives me comfort.

I believe that we do not live in what some theorists call base reality. I am convinced that base reality is something that we can't even fathom. Even if one views this existence as something of a simulation, that does not make it meaningless. It actually makes it more meaningful. It tells me that there is a reason, a meaning behind all of this. The scriptures tell us the same thing.

Reach out to me here if you can. I'd like to discuss more. Meanwhile, may I suggest a couple of sermons by John Piper that I found extremely encouraging? You can listen to the first one at the link below, and I recommend that you follow through with the second one.

For some reason, I cannot get the link to work right. You'll have to copy and paste the links.

First sermons is here:
www.desiringgod.org...

Second one is here:
www.desiringgod.org...

He says several things there that I have long believed, things that I think I deduced from the scriptures.

I believe that the second law of thermodynamics is a result of the fall, symptomatic of the general presence of corruption in creation. And creation was subjected to the second law of thermodynamics by God, who subjected it in anticipation of an end goal that we can't even imagine, one that will make all of the sufferings of this present age seem as nothing. That is our hope in Christ. (All of this from Romans 8.)

Please listen to that sermon and to the second one that is linked there. I think that it will help you.
:
edit on 2019 3 02 by incoserv because: I fixed the links

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I've often thought of UFOs and related high strangeness events/encounters as evidence of possible simulation hackers, or engineers. Entities outside of and unconstrained by the simulation parameters.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You do realise that if your theory is to be true, or any religion for that matter it means god is a psychopath getting off to our suffering right?

Masochist x 100000

Sickest mind to ever exist

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not at all

I see your angle though, but its a lie from somewhere...

If ya at least read the Bible through one time,, you have it all from then on. All about Israel in this world huh....
edit on 2-3-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank you so much for everyone's responses and love

I'll probably have to re-read them over a few times and mull because there's alot to take in and a few videos to watch too.

xxx

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Want More?
I finally remembered the word I've been trying to remember: Liminality

I wanted to find a quote, but you can't find a quote without the key word.

'According to Turner, all liminality must eventually dissolve, for it is a state of great intensity that cannot exist very long without some sort of structure to stabilize it...either the individual returns to the surrounding social structure...or else liminal communities develop their own internal social structure, a condition Turner calls "normative communitas"'.
wikipedia: Liminality

The whole Wikipedia article is worth reading.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I don't know why it really makes any difference in the end. Whether we are in a simulation, VR program or a mix of material and spiritual living in a reality. To us, it is all the same.

IMO. We exist in the mind of the all. We have a soul that will exist beyond our mortal shell. Everything else is your choice of what to do with this reality.

What makes you think this Earth has to be connected to some "All" ?

Literally nothing here is a choice of this reality.

Sorry to break it to ya, but for many this mortal shell is all you got...deletion approaches.

No mind of the All exists anymore...better try something new before all the fools trying to rebuild Humpty Dumpty break everything beyond ability to do anything but slowly degrade into an unendable downward spiral.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
You're getting close. We all used to be infinite beings. Until our fall from grace.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Infinite beings do not have grace to fall from.

They never fell from anything, the problem is trying to recreate something that refuses to go back to the way things were before, foolish beings trying to go home and home is hardcoded GONE.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Hah you all say it does not matter...which is the farthest from the truth you can get.

It is ALL THAT MATTERS. IT IS THE MATTER.

IT IS THE REASON MATTER EXISTS.

AND WHY ANYTHING MATTERS AT ALL.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS , if one wants to truly free ALL MATTER.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
It would be really funny if this is a simulation and God is testing out his creation while wiping his memory to have a go through. I wonder what Country he will be a citizen of first?

You are close..however the answer is no..."God" wiped himself to nothingness this time around.

The tests were utter failures long long ago...so many tests........

This time for real..either something new is created or it is all but bad news...cause what "GOD" knew is it would do ANYTHING other than be ONE again.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I have come to think of it like this.
Stars explode as neurons fire.
We are but a thought to God.

The higher planes, dimensions, whatever you want to call them.
We reside in and of their shadows.

That may have been true 2 billion years ago.....now it is a joke with other beings running things..no central brain exists.

You guys really need to step outside the boxes you all appear to be residing in.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: highvein

I have come to think of it like this.
Stars explode as neurons fire.
We are but a thought to God.

The higher planes, dimensions, whatever you want to call them.
We reside in and of their shadows.

That may have been true 2 billion years ago.....now it is a joke with other beings running things..no central brain exists.

You guys really need to step outside the boxes you all appear to be residing in.

Other beings running things? Would you care to expand on that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join