It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Sighted Over Jorge Chávez International Airport In Lima Peru

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This event occurred this past Wednesday, on February 27. Two unidentified flying objects were observed and recorded on video above the airport. Employees of the Peruvian Corporation of Airports and Commercial Aviation (Corpac), witnessed the UFOs over the airport.

Translated content from article linked below:

On the night of last Wednesday, February 27, two unidentified flying objects were sighted on the Jorge Chávez International Airport , whose images went viral on social networks.

Given this, the authorities of the air terminal issued a report in which personnel of Corpac , in charge of the control tower, confirmed the presence of UFOs, which remained on runway 33 of said airport for the lapse of one hour.

www.atv.pe...

Translated content from article linked below:

For his part, the renowned ufologist, Anthony Choy commented on the subject: "Since yesterday, Wednesday 27, is already confirmed from Corpac, with an official document, the presence of two Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (FAN), which have been positioned over of runway 33 of Jorge Chávez International Airport, and has been seen -among others- by the ground crew of two planes that covered the route Lima-Córdoba and Lima-Quito ".

He also indicated that "in these 19 years that I have been investigating these issues, it is the first time that there is an official report, it is a fact without comparison in our country".

www.atv.pe...

More translated content from another article:

In addition, they detailed that the objects remained for approximately one hour over the airport.

According to information, the UFOs were also seen by the ground crew of two planes that covered the Lima-Córdova and Lima-Quito routes. One of the unidentified objects appeared for a few moments on the radar, but moments later, both disappeared from the view of the airport staff.

codigooculto.com...

Translated screenshot from above linked article:

Two YouTube clips on this sighting (In Spanish):

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Probably the same ones that shut down Gatwick Airport for 32 hours a couple of months ago.

Oh hang on, that was supposed to have been a drone.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I haven't found an article yet that can explain this sighting and I've been looking for a half hour now. Personally, I highly doubt they're linked to the Gatwick Airport shutdown, but thanks for your 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Probably kites. These appear to be a popular thing in S.A. these days: put some LEDs on a kite, float it into the sky, and get on the news. Using aluminized Mylar can make a kite appear on radar.

Look:

www.youtube.com...

It even has the woo-woo music!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Something has been going on over there for awhile now.
The Peru UFO investigations department reopened in 2013.

And there has been some very elaborate - mass witnessed events, to take place since.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I agree. There are many articles on other unexplained sightings in this area. Oops, me bad, they're probably "drones" or "kites."

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What's also interesting is that Peru just had a 7.0 earthquake - less than 24 hours after this sighting.

edit on 1-3-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Isn't it about time they just declassify all this.

I mean seriously its only getting more embarrassing for all the people who actually believe they're the only, most advanced, civilization in existence.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: alldaylong

I haven't found an article yet that can explain this sighting and I've been looking for a half hour now. Personally, I highly doubt they're linked to the Gatwick Airport shutdown, but thanks for your 2 cents.

Here is a photo of The Gatwick sighting. I will let you decide.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think they are currently updating our operating system.

I'm not sure if they are souping us up or if they are dumbing us down, but I feel like we've reached a major milestone/turning point on our plane(t) and they are either about to promote us to the next level or start terminating us with massive layoffs from coast to coast.

edit on 1-3-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The age of the drone has all but ruined reliable UFO photos.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Those videos look like Canopus and Sirius. If you look on Stellarium for 0630UTC for Lima, Peru you will see both Canopus and Sirius in the west spaced just like that and at the same level in the sky. Just a coincidence that the brightest and second brightest stars are showing like that during that time? If you let Stellarium run from 0630UTC you will see that within the sighting time frame Canopus and Sirius go below the horizon.Throw in factors such as cloud cover and spurious radar contact and people can get led astray. Even aviation professionals can get fooled by such incidents and especially when the likes of Canopus and Sirius were showing so brightly at that time, spaced and at the near same level in the sky.

From the report they even state that the lights don't move

I've had a look on Google Street view but can't seem to find the match up from that video. It appears to be a gas station. Street view of that region on Google is from 2015 so the area might have changed with new build?

Can anyone find the filming location from the video using Street View?

Google Map View of the airport

Sirius is well known for being reported as a UFO. Now factor in the second brightest star in the sky and you can see how people can get led astray.

edit on 3/3/2019 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It took me a while but I finally managed to track down the gas station that can be seen in the videos. It is to the north of the airport.

Screen capture from the video.

Google Street View

It used to be a Pecsa station but is now a Primax.

You can see a pic from October 2018 at following link.

Google Street View

The address is

Av. Bertello, San Martín de Porres 15112, Peru

In my humble opinion just stars in the western sky deceiving people. Canopus, Sirius and others were all visible if you look on Stellarium from 0630UTC.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Great catch there mate and yet another very interesting airport 'UFO event - Anthony Choy is indeed a 'renowned Ufologist' and here he is discussing the Chulucanas incident from 2001 (still can't believe that thread only received 5 flags).

Choy also describes other very intriguing Peruvian cases in the thread below and explains how classified 'UFO records were stolen.

Strangely, in 2004 someone “stole” the computers from their office and part of the classified records were lost. “It is well known that there are classified documents that are hidden and Anthony Choy confirms it, however he regretted the theft of important material in 2004. "All had been stolen, then I understood that it was all a fraud, or that formed an office as a sort of screen to the public but at another level we were investigating, we were there"

One Example of How UFO Disclosure is Also Controlled

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join