It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders hires illegal immigrant to be press secretary

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Drucifer

How do you guys who are spewing the "Trump hired illegals" think this stuff works?

They don't all they can do is parrot what the idiot box tells them.

I used to be a restaurant manager for a company that used e-verify for each and every employee, you know that system that is supposed to validate a person's eligibility to work in the U.S.?

Well, we had cooks who would come in with paperwork that would pass e-verify and then usually about 4-6 months later they'd be gone. We'd hear from family or friends who also worked at the restaurant that they got picked up and deported. Generally within two weeks the same person would be back with a different set of paperwork which would pass e-verify again and start the process all over again.

When I asked the GM about it, he said that yeah it was a known process and the company didn't really care that obvious fraud was being perpetrated as long as all the paperwork was in order.

Funny, I was a restaurant manager for a couple chain restaurants before getting into property management!

We lost a couple of cooks in my last year at Longhorn because they couldn't get their papers in order for whatever reason. One of those guys we had for years, not sure what the issue was but I know it was due to his immigration status. I noticed things like that were generally brought up whenever we had new Regional Managers hired/transferred.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

To be clear if Trump signs their checks then he is ultimately responsible for them as far as eligibility and fake documents goes.

If they work for contractors, Trump does not sign their checks. The contractor does. Trump pays the contractor. He may even contract out cleaning services. That's often worth it just because he doesn't have time to interview every employee.

There may be a General Manager that runs Mar-a-Lago and signs the checks for the employees.

And Trump doesn't sign anyone's checks now... he can't. He separated himself from his businesses.

This is why the idea of making it more illegal to hire illegals won't work. Who is responsible? The person who signs the checks? Some checks are not even signed; they use an electronic corporate signature. No one signs anything under Direct Deposit. How about who hires them? Usually that's somebody in the HR department working for peanuts, going off the records presented. How about who is ultimately responsible? How in the world do you legally establish that?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: Gothmog

Whatever!

You posted that trump does not hire people now you claim he does.

Perhaps you are in denial.

He left out a couple words. What he actually meant is that Trump does not *personally* hire people *other than executives.* Just like Jeff Bezos doesn't personally hire the janitorial staff for WaPo, the people hiring the construction crew are far downstream from Trump himself.

Yet trump pays them all. usually!

But we weren't talking about paying. We were talking about personally hiring.

The person signing the checks are in charge ultimately and are responsible.

I the case of both sanders and trump resort i doubt either signs the checks. One is likely a management company and the other the head of a campaign.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Personally i do not think trump nor bernie are worthy of us talking ourselves out of the desire to have business owners held responsible for employing illegal immigrants.

We need more visa'a and a better verify system and a bit more accountability at the higher levels. Their blind eye has been handy in the past.

You make points about potus and who knows he may not be responsible for hiring the two directly but you are off on your timing i think it was before he joined the politicians in their bid to ruin the country.

Either way they are claiming that they cleaned for him personally and knew them and he was aware of them and even had a program to get the false documents for them and he knew.

That is what i saw in an interview with the two so don't go labeling me as this or that i am just talkin here.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
FYI - In the MONTH of October 2018, hypocrite Bernie Sanders spent a staggering $300,000 on air-polluting private jets.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"Do as I say, Not..."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join