It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders hires illegal immigrant to be press secretary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Pretty sure trump has been proven to hire illegals...Maybe I should not say "proven" as I have not looked into it myself.. does that plus the fact he loves putin and kim jung un, comrade trump?

Just curious... I know you all hate democrats here, you start a thread about Bernie hiring an illegal, what are your thoughts on trump hiring illegals?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Pretty sure the topic is about Sanders hiring one to be his press secretary.

Back to political trolling.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For those that don't know.

Trump ended DACA in 2017.

www.npr.org...

No he didn’t, he stated that he wanted to phase out DACA. And that never happened. Maybe do more research on it before ya post.
But I won’t bash anymore cause I do that often.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why this push to call something illegal 'undocumented' instead?

Next we can be undocumented concealed carry holders?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

She is a FOREIGN NATIONAL.

DACA changed nothing.

DACA changed everything.

The Act does not prohibit individuals with permanent resident status (commonly referred to as “green card holders”) from making contributions or donations in connection with federal, state or local elections, as they are not considered foreign nationals.

The data provided indicates 59,778 DACA recipients have applied for Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status—also known as a ‘green card’—and 39,514 have been approved.

That's why DACA hires don't violate the law

www.fec.gov...
townhall.com... 367

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yep. Saving that environment one V10 at a time huh. That's a 610 HP model, too.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

DACA doesn't make people US citizens.

It takes an ACT of congress saying it does.

And would have CITIZEN in there.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is NO DEFENSE to what Sanders did.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy that allows some individuals with unlawful presence in the United States after being brought to the country as children to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and become eligible for a work permit in the U.S. To be eligible for the program, recipients cannot have felonies or serious misdemeanors on their records. Unlike the proposed DREAM Act,DACA does not provide a path to citizenship for recipients, known as Dreamers.[1][2] The policy, an executive branch memorandum, was announced by President Barack Obama on June 15, 2012. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications for the program on August 15, 2012.

NOT A CITIZEN

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No, DACA doesn't make people US citizens. However, the law to which you are referring exempts Green Card holders/DACA recipients from "foreign national activities" restrictions.

The Act does not prohibit individuals with permanent resident status (commonly referred to as “green card holders”) from making contributions or donations in connection with federal, state or local elections, as they are not considered foreign nationals.
townhall.com... 367

So, you're upset about something that is not illegal.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Citizens don't need green cards.Green cards don't make citizens.

Still A FOREIGN NATIONAL directly forbidden from participating in ANY election process.

Stop wasting my time.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

There is NO DEFENSE to what Sanders did.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy that allows some individuals with unlawful presence in the United States after being brought to the country as children to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and become eligible for a work permit in the U.S. To be eligible for the program, recipients cannot have felonies or serious misdemeanors on their records. Unlike the proposed DREAM Act,DACA does not provide a path to citizenship for recipients, known as Dreamers.[1][2] The policy, an executive branch memorandum, was announced by President Barack Obama on June 15, 2012. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications for the program on August 15, 2012.

NOT A CITIZEN

You're wasting your time with a troll. Trump is bad because he hired illegals at Mar-A-Lago a long time ago. Bernie is fine because his illegals are undocumented.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, these are DACA recipients. They are not "undocumented" or "foreign nationals" performing "foreign national activitiy.

Foreign national
A foreign national is a person who is not a citizen of the host country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning.

DACA recipeints aren't considered sojourners or temporary visitors to the US.

Per your own definition, she is a "foreign national" by the fact that she is not a citizen. DACA recipients are not citizens, or there would be no need for DACA.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

LOL You're wasting your own time with this thread!

Anyone can submit a complaint if they believe a violation of the law has occurred or is about to occur.

How to file a complaint with the FEC www.fec.gov...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Pretty sure the topic is about Sanders hiring one to be his press secretary. Back to political trolling.

You are right the topic is about Sanders hiring an illegal.... Has she been here knowingly illegal under DACA or did she just get smuggled across the border in a van with blue tape over her mouth?

Do you think he is making some sort of political statement hiring her? Surely he knows the laws better than you and I?

And you called him comrade and treasonous for hiring an illegal, asking your opinion on trump hiring illegals makes me a troll? But I getcha...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Bernies got them big balls.

Too bad For him and Trump Biden and Beto have teamed up for 2020.

Biden & Beto.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Either way any action against her being in the usa seems to have been deferred...That allows her to work and pay taxes in the usa if she is a daca precipitant.

Daca has not been ended but no further applications are accepted at this time.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

? Surely he knows the laws better than you and I?

Wouldn't bet on it.

The only thing he knows is his party can get away with anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Bernies got them big balls.

Too bad For him and Trump Biden and Beto have teamed up for 2020.

Biden & Beto.

Hardcastle and McCormick.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Virtue Signaling was an Olympic Event, Comrade Sanders and the Funky Bunch would all get Gold Medals.

Part of me has always wanted to defend Bernie in the past.

I always admired how I perceived him as genuine, and in some aspects he walked the walk and not just all talk.

I liked how he pushed back at establishment politics.... Yet here we are.

He's done to me, he has truly caved and is not bucking back at the system in the proper ways. Instead, he decides to go full blown Identity politics to appease the democrats.

Even if this wasn't illegal, it would be horribly stupid. There are other aspects of his platform he could buck back at the system and walk the thin line of legality to prove a point (IE. Corporations buying politicians, ill advised wars ect.).

Rip Bernie campaign 2020, I knew he wasn't going to make it, but part of me wanted him to have as much grace as he did before the DNC sold him down the river.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join