It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat party is totally giving in to radicals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your explanations are not borne out by history. The Democratic Party has moved right with the neoliberal rise. This has pushed the republicans farther right. So now we have 2 parties that have become far right by the rest of the worlds standards. Now your suggestion is that the dems moving left will push the republicans farther right? By that logic the republicans are just always moving farther right.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It's not just the left that's at stake. A far left majority will make the Republicans move more right.

The pendulum will swing higher, and the divide will increase.

The far-right will speak the loudest and most passionately against the growing far left. Just as the left has done. People will cling to the far right because it will be easy emotional response.

I hope you all at ATS stop falling into this pendulum trap.

Something I have noticed, is that when the left is dead wrong, we see this kind of post more often. You have to stop falling for the trap. But when the aggression is against the right, the same posters telling you to "stop falling into this pendulum trap", are right there, slapping each other on the ass and railing against the right.

The arrogance is so ironically blatant, it's laughable. You aren't smarter or better than anyone else, and no, you don't have some magical ability to be above anything, you are deflecting to not look like such a douche. But don't worry Blueman, you aren't alone, there are a few others who try your little trick here when it suits them.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Your explanations are not borne out by history. The Democratic Party has moved right with the neoliberal rise. This has pushed the republicans farther right. So now we have 2 parties that have become far right by the rest of the worlds standards. Now your suggestion is that the dems moving left will push the republicans farther right? By that logic the republicans are just always moving farther right.

Quoted for the stupidest thing I have read this month.

But the month is early.

Try harder!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They need to vote to kick AOC and Pelosi out on ethics violations, chaos and bullying in our government is not acceptable. AOC and Pelosi are just people elected by their district, they are not representatives of every Democrat in the country. They are overpowering jerks who need to be put in their place by their fellow Democrats. They are not doing our country good, they are not doing their party good, very few voters like that kind of stuff, Democrats will be switching over, most people do not like those intimidation tactics being used. AOC will hurt the ability of other state's democratic candidates to get elected. She must be a Republican plant, maybe a Russian confidant that works for veggies.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

But the month is early.

Try harder!!!!

So you think the us is centrist?? I’m not surprised. Most Americans live in a complete bubble of their own thoughts and belief systems and have little clue how the rest of the world thinks.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

But the month is early.

Try harder!!!!

So you think the us is centrist?? I’m not surprised. Most Americans live in a complete bubble of their own thoughts and belief systems and have little clue how the rest of the world thinks.

LOL that's about the 3rd or 4th time you have referred to the rest of the world. With all due respect who cares what the rest of the world thinks. Economies that may seem to work in different countries with smaller populations, culture thoughts and beliefs very likely don't translate well to America. Some believe that in Europe and elsewhere the old history of monarchies and serfdom play a role in the acceptance of fewer freedoms than we are comfortable here in the US. To some, it's as clear as the freedom of the individual vs incorporation into the masses. It is diametrically opposed to our individual rebellious nature. Not to get too simplistic but why is the US flooded with immigration, when the rest of the world has a better economic or political system?
edit on 1-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

This will cost them elections for a long time. The loudest squeakers in the media will praise her (for example calling her a superstar freshman NY lawmaker) but the normal people and the moderate democrats will denounce her and those who follow her ideology. I'd be surprised if she ever did anything major.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Democrats don't understand how to sell their candidates to average folks. You do it by showing how your candidate can make them more money with less work. That's all anybody cares about.
edit on 1-3-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Instead of making fun of them...peeps should be electing some young conservatives or else this crap will grow like mushrooms in poop.

Nobody thought Don had a chance in hell in 2015 remember.

The biggest difference with Trump is that Republicans and most independents were tired of the shape this country was in, plus Trump didn't cower to the media or the left. People know OCA will destroy this country. I'm surprised democrats are dumb enough to get on board with her. I always heard when you're extremely desperate, you'll do anything. I guess that was true.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Yeah that’s a bit bizarre. Hate to say it, but even as a liberal the whole virtual open border and ‘abolish ice’ moves are a bit extreme and concerning.
a reply to: DAVID64

Careful. As they move farther left, if you keep to your original ideologies and don't falter, you'll be considered a right winger. Many other democrats are now considered that.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Nah I don't think so. Republicans still hold the same beliefs they held in the 80's. They've picked up tons of democrats over the past 6 years as the left moved farther left. 90's and early 2000's democrats, who still hold the same beliefs they held in the 90's and early 2000's, are now considered Conservatives by the new left.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24227060]LSU2018[/post

Interesting conclusions you’re drawing there. As most of sanders ideas are considered far left extreme today, but back in the 40s and 50s they were considered mainstream, many of them straight out of the original new deal text which, strangely, led to the most rapid growth and income equality than we’ve ever had before or since.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sure, but a far left could cause Republicans to vote in more partisan candidates who vow to obstruct anyone on the left. Rather than just a "good" well-read candidate.

Creating a snowball effect of a government that gets nothing done.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ahh so the right can rail against the left in non-stop posts, but if I rail against trump or talk about how he's increasing the left vs right divide I'm a deflecting douche?

Yea the left is getting worse, but it's no better than the rising number of people who think trump doesn't make mistakes and FOX news is the only MSM that isn't fake.

I'm not smarter than anyone here, and I certainly bite my words and play into partisan politics sometimes.

However, the partisan pendulum thing applies to everyone including myself.

And I mainly rail against trump. I'm not supporting a far left unless it's to play devil's advocate with threads like AOC eating a hamburger..

Maybe I'm a hypocrite sometimes, but at least I'm not stuck to a party and president, unable to do anything but be a cheerleader.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's funny how there are a lot more threads of the type "The Democrats are..." where the "..." usually equates to some form of poo poo. And these threads get hundreds of posts, stars, and flags.

But the same is not true for threads beginning with "The Republicans bla bla bla". Yeah, there are occasional Trump hate threads but the are way more anti-Democrat threads that anti-Republican threads like this one.

So "the Democrat party is giving in to radicals". Hmmmmmmmm, let me think about it. Uh, nope.

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The great secret is that while the political left is populated with anti-Constitutional assholes, the right-wing politicians are worse because they lie and pretend to be for rights and freedoms.

We're still stuck with Obamacare, the majority in the House and Senate did not give Trump his wall funding.

The sexual harassment Hush Fund is still alive and well and no one does a damned thing.

Basically everyone in DC is a dick.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's not really a secret.

My "partisanship" boils down to do I vote for the person who says the right thing but probably won't do the right thing, or the person who says all the wrong things and may or may not actually do them.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Pelosi can't even keep the children in line

Just shows how detached our government is with the citizens in this country. Don't vote for what could possibly be best for the people, vote for whats in the leader of the party's best interest, regardless if it's right or wrong. This $#%* gets old and hard to stomach.

‘This is not a day at the beach’: Pelosi tells moderate Dems to stop voting with GOP

Someone needs to remind her there's no "I" in team. Yeah right.

“We are either a team or we’re not, and we have to make that decision,” she said.

Pelosi also said vulnerable Democrats who had the “courage” to vote against the Republican motions to recommit would become a higher priority for the party leadership and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

And Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the superstar New York freshman lawmaker, suggested she would alert progressive activists when Democrats are voting with the GOP on these motions, said the sources.

edit on 1-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: neo96

You better start saving now to pay your $600,000 share of the bill for her green new deal!

That number is so outrageous that it's not taken seriously when Americans hear it. But it's true! Former director of the Congressional Budget Office ran the costs of the Democrat's agenda and came up with that staggering figure.

House leader Nancy Pelosi is creating a "hit list" of fellow Democrats who are not promoting the radical insanity of Cortez, Omar, Harris, Booker, Sanders, and of course, Nancy herself.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
you guys haven't even begun to see the start of it yet wait until 2019 sets in with high inflation all year

it's just beginning

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join