It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat party is totally giving in to radicals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

So if I'm reading this, and your links, correctly... the left want to force states to pass legislation which compels that state's electoral college votes to go to the winner of the national 'popular vote', but don't want to force their own representatives to vote along the party line on any matter?

In other words, they want to take away the ability for everyday citizens in a state to have a say on who is President, but don't want to give up their say on much more inconsequential matters?

Truly leading by example, yet again...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Meh. They’re not radicals. Otherwise they would be protesting our wars of imperialism, which none but gabbard have done, and they would be booting aipac. The dems and repubs are the executive arms of the corporatist government who only disagree on the spoils. And trump was not elected by folks thinking clearly about his policies.... he doesn’t have any. He was elected by people tired of smooth lying politicians, and he’s definitely not one of those. I recall him promising to investigate Hillary and “lock her up” though. What happened to that? Guess the term “draining the swamp” means using the worst people from past administrations and forgetting campaign promises. There’s plenty to lock her up for, but no investigation forthcoming when it’s far more important than a wall.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Maybe it’s time for that Republican sponsored bill that says Women cannot eat their babies.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Maybe it’s time for that Republican sponsored bill that says Women cannot eat their babies.

Soylent GREEN!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Funny, most Democrats I know are underachieving pot-heads.

You can't get 10 Democrats in a room to agree on where to go for lunch.

I think for now, the country is safe.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

We know the far left is attempting to hijack the DNC. It's happening. It's in full swing.

Yup. And it's been happening a long long time... I've called it "Team Obama" vs "Team Hillary," but it could just as easily be considered "Old Guard" vs "New Guard" or "Liberals" vs "Progressives" or whatever. As de facto leader of the Democrat party, Obama has let it wither on the vine so to speak, presumably in order to remake it in his own image.

Ocasio-Cortez is "Team Obama."

Obama announces endorsement for Ocasio-Cortez

Here's another clue that she's "Team Obama," specifically her focus on "organizing," as in Obama's "Organizing for Action" PAC:

Hayes then characterized Washington, D.C. as “broken and polarized,” inquiring as to how Cortez intends to “storm the gates” as an outsider. “What’s your plan here?” he asked.

“Well, I think a lot of it has to do with changing our strategy around governance. There’s a lot of inside baseball and inside the beltway. You always hear that term thrown around, but there are very few organizers in Congress,” Cortez replied.

Cortez persisted in her theme of being an organizer in Congress, claiming, “I do think that organizers operate differently. It’s a different kind of strategy. What it is, is really about organizing and really thinking about that word, organizing, segmenting people, being strategic in their actions in really bringing together a cohesive strategy of putting pressure on the chamber instead of only focusing on the pressures inside the chamber.”

Ocasio-Cortez: Serving In Congress ‘Is Really About Organizing’

If someone is talking "organizing for..." you can be sure they are with Team Obama. I believe it was Paul Sperry who did a couple of articles a while back tying the various "Organizing for...." protest groups back to Obama's Organizing for Action PAC.

Organizing for Action (OFA) is a nonprofit 501(c)4 organization and community organizing project that advocates for the agenda of former U.S. President Barack Obama. The organization is officially non-partisan, but its agenda and policies are strongly allied with the Democratic Party.

I've been thinking about this in terms of the transgender rights crap going on now. Obama is "Team Transgender" and Ocasio-Cortez is also "Team Transgender." If Hillary really wants to make a come back in 2020 (or just pave the way for Chelsea's political career), then I expect that she will take her stand on transgender issues, on the side of feminists and the LGB against the T & the Q. And I predict she will have much support.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Meh. They’re not radicals. Otherwise they would be protesting our wars of imperialism, which none but gabbard have done, and they would be booting aipac. The dems and repubs are the executive arms of the corporatist government who only disagree on the spoils. And trump was not elected by folks thinking clearly about his policies.... he doesn’t have any. He was elected by people tired of smooth lying politicians, and he’s definitely not one of those. I recall him promising to investigate Hillary and “lock her up” though. What happened to that? Guess the term “draining the swamp” means using the worst people from past administrations and forgetting campaign promises. There’s plenty to lock her up for, but no investigation forthcoming when it’s far more important than a wall.

There are currently 470 lawyers under Huber investigating the Clinton foundation, the FBI's mishandling of her emails and server, Uranium 1 and the meeting between Bill and Loretta on the tarmac.

To put that into context, Mueller has 30 lawyers.

An interesting misspelling in a Trump tweet last night.

He should have typed "by crooked Hillary. "

Instead it came out "bye crooked Hillary."

Probably a coincidence.

edit on 1-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Anyone deluded enough to believe their 200 twitter followers are going to start some kind of revolution belongs in the looney bin.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 1-3-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think a radical left, or at least a more radical than the previous left, is ideal for both parties. Before, politicians engaged in what is known as political triangulation, as made famous by Bill Clinton. They essentially steal policy ideas from the other side in order to syphon votes, but that leaves us with basically one party.

In a two party system it is ideal to have two distinct parties, right and left.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
We know....

We all know....

Who are we ?
The echo chamber of Donald Trump ?
Conservatives ?
Who are we that you are refering to ?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
people who make lists are sometimes unstable

She has those kind of crazy eyes

Aww, she is just like Santy Clause LOL making a list checking it twice lol. Its good news for the Republicans long term, if she can actually run off any moderate democrats their radical replacements will lose to Republicans in the more conservative and moderate areas

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Funny, most Democrats I know are underachieving pot-heads.

That made the Rights case pretty damn well.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Anyone deluded enough to believe their 200 twitter followers are going to start some kind of revolution belongs in the looney bin.

And maybe he has a few more they let on LOL

Time will tell
Future will prove the Pass

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: pexx421

There are currently 470 lawyers under Huber investigating the Clinton foundation, the FBI's mishandling of her emails and server, Uranium 1 and the meeting between Bill and Loretta on the tarmac.

To put that into context, Mueller has 30 lawyers.

An interesting misspelling in a Trump tweet last night.

He should have typed "by crooked Hillary. "

Instead it came out "bye crooked Hillary."

Probably a coincidence.

And maybe he has a few more they let on LOL

edit on 1-3-2019 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah that’s a bit bizarre. Hate to say it, but even as a liberal the whole virtual open border and ‘abolish ice’ moves are a bit extreme and concerning.
a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's not just the left that's at stake. A far left majority will make the Republicans move more right.

The pendulum will swing higher, and the divide will increase.

The far-right will speak the loudest and most passionately against the growing far left. Just as the left has done. People will cling to the far right because it will be easy emotional response.

I hope you all at ATS stop falling into this pendulum trap.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Democrat hate does nothing but increase the divide. You are no better than the far left if you participate by insults.

Far left can't exist without an enemy to hate. Just as any extreme movement can't. Hate, insults, extremism... feeds the fire..

Then soon the republican majority will result to a far right stance if the far left take over.

Don't feed the fire and respond with a nice cool head. Watch the fire burn itself out.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Welcome to the Libertarian fold. Once we let the Democrats implode, we're going for the RINOs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join