It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Got It All Wrong in Hanoi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

*Trump makes an agreement with Kim*

Leftists go nuclear, say Trump gave Kim everything and sold the country.

*Trump then doesn't accept Kim's terms and no deal*

LEftists in full panic mode yelling Trump can't negotiate!!1

See, there's something about the far-left on this issue that isn't making sense.

Do they want peace with NK, or they just want to see Trump fail, no matter the result?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think he does want development (might get it) and the USA out of Korea (nope). The nuclear program is something to trade to get something. This is haggling.

This looks confusing to the talking heads as the US hasn't 'negotiated' anything of strategic importance since the Soviet Union collapsed.

Directing to the militarily vanquished, ostracizing opponents and coordinating with allies all looks very different to negotiation.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ipsedixit

I agree that there is no incentive for nth Korea to make a deal and certainly will not back down now they have functional nuclear weapons, even if they are subpar that's irrelevant, they will do the job.

Trump has messed up big-time here and judging by his way of " negotiating " this will not be last time he puts his foot in his mouth over such matters.

Op. This was the chicoms trying to get a win since they control. NK

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I see this whole thing in straight "Cold War" terms. Nukes in North Korea is virtually equivalent to nukes in Cuba. Nukes in Cuba led to a major confrontation with Russia. The nukes were removed. Nukes in North Korea should have led to nukes in Japan, tit for tat. I don't think China believes that nukes in North Korea is worth having nukes in Japan. I think the nukes would be removed.

Bottom line, nukes in North Korea indicates a big loss for American Asian/Pacific policy (a big win for China) and a split with Japan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join