It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subterranean reptoids: semantic thought experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Let's suppose that the subterranean reptoids, like Lacerta, exist (i.e. the good reptoids that live here on Earth, not the evil ones from space), they can't semantically be called "extraterrestrials" or even "aliens." Those terms imply a trait of externality of their habitation, of which cannot be properly applied to Lacerta's reptoids. I propose the name "subterranean reptoids." To call them ETs or aliens would be misleading.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
That's right. The space is endless, and all kinds of aliens could come here, including humanoids, reptilians, insectoids, plasmatic aliens, etc.

Still, it may be wrong that alien reptoids must be evil. Also, all aliens present on Earth are subterrians. They live under the surface, they won't be rising skyscrapers in a jungle or in a desert.

Lacerta's reptilians are friendly, and they are not meant to hurt anybody.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Lacerta's reptilians are friendly, and they are not meant to hurt anybody.

Im not sure if I absolutly beleve that I mean of corse that dont want to harm use for no reson but It's the same as us when we hunt deer for sport

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Alien Life Form]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
bah that was reptilian propaganda.we are a primitive species for them and when they can control our mind ie shapeshifting they can do any bad things

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
I propose the name "subterranean reptoids." To call them ETs or aliens would be misleading.

I just call them "uglies", and the problem is solved.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hurting deer is a primitive sport. They had millions of years to get bored of that. Any aliens can control the humans mind, doesn't have to be Reptilian for that.
"Shapeshifting" is only a game with human mind. Any aliens can do that.

So why would native aliens cause trouble for their native animals, and why would extraterrastrials leave us in peace? That doesn't make sense at all.

As for them being ugly: The nature forged them almost to their present state, if they are ugly, then all animals should be ugly too. Personally I think Greys are ugly, ang the God in scaffander is also ugly... and pity!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by supercheetah
I propose the name "subterranean reptoids." To call them ETs or aliens would be misleading.

I just call them "uglies", and the problem is solved.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

For all you know, Lacerta could be one sexy lady.

Well, maybe not.

Anyway, people seem to have missed the topic at hand except merka, but that's ok.

I think that we ought to have a healthy perspective on all these species, and their civilisations. I'm willing to bet that for all of them, there is, like in humanity, a gradient of differing opinions on the subject of humans themselves. I'm sure some individuals within some of these civilisations consider us to be a young, but equally intelligent species. I'm also sure that some view us in the way that animal activists view animals: animals have rights that should be protected and promoted, but they're not our equals, particularly intellectually, unless they're one of the more zany animal activists.

Lacerta strikes me as the latter type of individual, though I think she thinks of us in a higher regard intellectually than an animal activist would similarly of an animal.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It sounds like if we admitted that chimpanzes and gorillas are equal to us, they should be treated as humans because they are not animals.

But they are animals.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Humans are Animals, its a fact

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
Humans are Animals, its a fact
Yeah, you're right. I guess I should clarify that I was speaking about the philosophical animal, which is basically any animal with a lower intelligence than humans.

top topics

join