It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana nationwide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Without seed to stem decriminalization this is pointless, and like others say, will only take away our right to grow and use a natural growing medicine as we see fit.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It should continue to be a state issue, not federal.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Legalization of Marijuana may just be the only issue the dems have to run on that isnt bat crap crazy.
It would garner them a lot of votes as well I'm sure.

It's bad that the only way to grab votes is to promise the legalization of drugs. It says a lot about the state that half of the country is in.

Oddly enough, Trump could try to push this law and the progressives would immediately be against it.

Perhaps baby steps instead of full force legalization. Work on making the law more lenient first. If someone is busted with a small amount, leave them be. If they have a trunk full then do your thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Legal pot here in Michigan has made driving a lot more interesting.

I'll just leave it that cell phones are a bigger threat.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
Legalize MJ and then find out the huge effects it has on psychosis and many other mental disorders... wait I thought we wanted to get people better mental healthcare not throw them further into a mental health spiral including the onset of schizophrenia and many other things. Beyond that due to it's long half life in the human body once consumed, it depresses cognitive function a measurable degree for approximately 30 days.

But at the same time as proponents want to legalize this drug that can cause long term mental health problems while lowering cognitive function, the same proponents want to introduce single payer healthcare?

One or the other. I have no problem if people want to take that risk, but I refuse to pay your healthcare bills, or subsidize your means of living while you handy cap yourself. On the other hand if you want me to help pay your healthcare bills or subsidize your means of living, all recreational drugs should be banned and heavily punished.

Wanting both at the same time is absolutely abhorrent, illogical, and counterproductive.

How many millions are spent, and how many millions of people are effected with the dancers of smoking, alcohol and sugar?

It's not just about smoking marijuana. There are loads of health benafits when it comes to marijuana, so why should it be illegal?

As for things like schizophrenia. There is no evidence that smoking marijuana causes schizophrenia. I could be a trigger for people who were always going to get it, but it does not cause
schizophrenia itself.

It amazes me that people say this about marijuana, when we have legal substances like cigarettes, alcohol and sugar

But i say it again! This is not just about smoking
marijuana. It's about the other health benafits of this plant.

Absolutely watched my father racked with pain from stage 4 pancreatic cancer and chemo treatments and the only time he relaxed was the one time he was able to take a few puffs. He went to sleep finally after being up all night and ate a regular lunch when he woke up hours later. His last year and a half would have been so less painful and stressful and who knows his body might have held up better from the constant chemo treatments too. Then you have the people where it calms down seizures and episodes without turning people into zombies. Make up a waiver if you like, cause we tried everything people would sign it just for medical cases

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Honestly, with sessions gone, trump may sign it. And I will respect him even more. And will love watching liberal heads explode.

Now excuse me, I am going to burn one down.

Some of the 3 letter agencies will do everything in their power to not let it happen, they have too much invested in putting the screws to people.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Oddly enough, Trump could try to push this law and the progressives would immediately be against it.
I think they'd be more likely to simply acknowledge that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Medical Marijuana would be the most likely thing to ever pass at the federal level anytime soon.

Why? Big pharms are working on a way to genetically modify MJ so that there is a detectable difference between medical and street pot.

That way they get their fingers in the pie. Until then, the big pharm lobbyist will continue to block any effort to legalize MJ at the Federal level.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join