It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The decline and eventual death of freemasonry...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DannyTorrance

Sorry, can you elaborate? What is the difference?

Much more 'old-school'. We write and discuss essays on various Masonic topics, have a more serious Festive Board, initiate candidates singly, etc.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
initiate candidates singly, etc.

I like that idea. It makes so much more of an impression (IMHO) when the candidate is alone. The realization that an entire room of men took time out of their lives to help you and you alone is very impressive and makes you feel humble, yet special.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I like that idea. It makes so much more of an impression (IMHO) when the candidate is alone. The realization that an entire room of men took time out of their lives to help you and you alone is very impressive and makes you feel humble, yet special.

Agreed. Plus they get the 'full ride' instead of watching most of the Second Section from the sidelines.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
4 I think that they're doing something, just not sure what. CAn any mason here tell me what's going on?

I think they've got a new thing going on - - -

It's linked to this:

[link to promo.million-dollar-poem.com]

Which mails out an occult wood-cut. WTF?

Then there's this:

[link to forums.unfiction.com]

Where they've apparently got a code to solve...

Here's the problem.

Masons and things ALWAYS warn people that sh*t's gonna go down before it happens, so they can say "well we told them about it and they didn't do anything". Is this another thing like that? Does anyone know anything about this? CAn anyone find out what's going on here?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Here's a part of the code I solved:

23-5 22-5 7-15-20 20-15 12-5-20 20-8-5 23-15-18-12-4 11-14-15-23 8-5 19 3-15-13-9-14-7 8-5 19 3-15-13-9-14-7
Which, when you decrypt it via number letter substitution says, "WE VE GOT TO LET THE WORLD KNOW HE S COMING HE S COMING

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lammostnight

Oh, that. That's about the goat. When he gets here, it's goat time. And you know what THAT means.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: lammostnight

Oh, that. That's about the goat. When he gets here, it's goat time. And you know what THAT means.

What time will he be here?

Oh, I've got to bake a cake! So much to do!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm an atheist so can't join. It's a religion.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

Women cannot join, does that make it a religion too?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Howdy AM! How's everyone doing on ATS these days. I've been gone for a good few years and came for a peep today on a whim. What kinda monkey shines have you Masons been up to lately?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beelzebubba
Howdy AM! How's everyone doing on ATS these days. I've been gone for a good few years and came for a peep today on a whim.

Wow, good seeing you around, hopefully you stick around, your posts were always great.

What kinda monkey shines have you Masons been up to lately?

Same old same old. World domination, currency manipulation, media control, the usual stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Dying off rapidly?

You need to stuck your head out of your arse.

There occult signs are verywhere nowadays.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shadownninja

There occult signs are verywhere nowadays.

Exactly. We have our all-seeing eyes on you.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist
Exclusion of atheists doesn't make Freemasonry a religion.

a reply to: Beelzebubba
Same song, different day.

a reply to: shadownninja
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I'm a mason and it's funny that the decline is being talked about since it's something I'd recently thought of (you could say that's what brought me here).

The average age globally for freemasons appears to be around 70, with that in mind it is obvious that some masons are just old men with backwards and conservative ideas (which is ironic considering we're the liberals) in the scottish rite at least women aren't allowed entrance into the fraternity, partly because of some outdated "landmarks" in my opinion, with this sort of Charlie Brown club type mentality maybe it's easy to see why it isn't so appealing as it used to.

I'm not saying that freemasonry should be whored to the world, all I'm saying (both for brothers and the profane) is that it is somewhat outdated, now before any brother wants to call me traitor or attack me consider that freemasonry promoted individual thought and teaches that above all you must doubt what is being told to you, so why not doubt it as well and recognize that there are a couple of thing not so well, for all this talk of freedom and equality to remain so backwards in the 21st century is a pity.

Now having said all that and this is more for the profane and the conspiracy theorists, theres nothing bad about the secret, it's not secret because it's some evil thing, it's mainly secret because most people are honestly too ignorant and fearful of what they don't understand.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Spartacus17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Netchicken

It means that the schools from the past of being lost. Present time the masons only need a concrete mixer and some Steel. The skills are being lost. Even in the skill of carpentry, the new Carpenters do not know how to make a wooden hinge join.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wish I could take a picture of some of the symbols comma in our quick and on stone buildings and show others the way of communicating. It is very sad if these skills are lost.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Women cannot join, does that make it a religion too?
yeah most religions are pretty sexist. they do segregate the women into the eastern star which is nice.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

yeah most religions are pretty sexist. they do segregate the women into the eastern star which is nice.

Sexism is not the definition of religion.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RobertBurns

He sounds like a good man, indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join