It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The decline and eventual death of freemasonry...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoMoreTyranny

No, of course not...it only aply, to those, who wants to

'' spread the Light throughout the world, to help humanity get from Darkness to Light...
with the blessing of a occult God named, the Great Architect Of The Universe. ''.

There is nothing more to had but Amen....

Uh.....you do realise that the Great Architect Of The Universe is meant as a catchall reference to individual Mason's Supreme Deity? You know, to be inclusive instead of exclusive? As a way of avoiding the 'my faith's better than your faith' bunfight that has killed millions throughout human history? Freemasonry isn't a religion itself but rather an adjunct to one's own religion. There simply is no "occult God" of Freemasonry no matter how hard you wish it were so.

If you can't accept that simple concept then how do you explain that Christian, Jewish, Sikh, etc. Freemasons are able to sit in-Lodge together and not feel their own personal faiths being denigrated?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There are younger Masons joining. I myself joined 7 years ago when I was 21.

We younger Brothers are looking for a more esoteric Freemasonry, a lot of the older Brothers want nothing to do with the esoteric qualities of Freemasonry and just want to meet, greet and eat.

The said thing is a lot of them really try to push against bringing esoteric Freemasonry back. It was a huge part of Freemasonry and during the big rush post WW2 of membership it fell by the wayside and Masonry became another club.

Sadly, as we younger Brothers try to follow in the footsteps of Pike, we don't get much help, we are sometimes kept out of the progression to the East.

It is almost to the point where I could see the esoteric Masonry wanting to conduct their own meetings to discuss these things that they don't feel are brought up at the lodge.

Masonry is actually just now coming to life after 60 years in the wilderness and as many of the older meet and greet Brothers pass on, and lodges condense the true works of Masonry can continue again.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Brothers in Arms

Your neighbor saw you as a "Good" man and he only wanted to show you
the way, from Darkness to Light, You should have Appreciated his Efforts to help you...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curiouser and curiouser! So what you're saying is that Masons have the ability to see at a glance whether you're a good or bad man, and also have the right to try and save people from the dark (whatever that may be)?
It's like what the mod guy was saying earlier. There's so many lodges and degrees which vary from country to country that I don't think even the master masons can keep up with what is going on! I find it extremely strange that you often get masons jumping to each others defence when a poster makes stupid claims yet even they go on to disagree about the basics of freemasonry. . . Like I said earlier, how are us non masons meant to understand the brotherhood when it appears even it's members are just a tad confused about what it's all about?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Masonry is not a religion, Masonry is in perfect balance, with individual
Mason's own religion. To help you understand, it's like the Yin & Yáng...

i already talked about it, in another thread...

Fraternally yours,

Originally posted by Brothers in Arms
if as Josh said, it's indeed - King Solomon and His Followers -
this book have a Inestimable Value but only for masons.
Mine is just beside my bible, as both contain very important lessons
i don't want to forget.

NO religions in the world, can really fullfill all spiritual needs
thats why masonry is so important, masonry with each and every religions
is the Enlightenment of humanitys' soul.

without masonry, humanitys' soul is like a a ship without a lighthouse.
a unclosed circle, a unfinished geometric figure...

Outside a Masonic Temple: Masons are first and foremost men and
the Great Architect of the Universe, is first and foremost GOD

To spread the Masonic Light throughout the world, you have to be
a chosen worthy and only then, enlightenment could fulfill all
spiritual needs

Peace on Earth
Fraternally yours,

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Outside a Masonic Temple: Masons are first and foremost men and
the Great Architect of the Universe, is first and foremost GOD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the sake of clarity could you give a name to this god?
And if outside the masonic temple you are just men what on earth are you inside a masonic temple?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Fred.

But don't tell anybody I told you.

Back to what was being discussed though, no, a Mason can't tell right away if someone is "good" or "bad". But if you, for example, were my next door neighbor, and i got to know you pretty well, I may come to the conclusion that you would enjoy Freemasonry and be an asset to the fraternity.

That doesn't mean you're better than anyone else, it just means that I personally know you, like you, and think you'd be a good frat brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If it makes you feel any better, i think it was a mistake for your neighbor to encourage you to become a mason as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Thank you, base on your explanations, now it's perfectly clear...!

Freemasonry is indeed a religion, but its hidden '' BEHIND ''...
individual Mason's religion. What a perfect... camouflage..!
a hidden in plain sight strategy, to avoid to be categorized as a sect,
to keep a positive mind control power over followers and to avoid,
to frightened low level mason ( who are not yet endoctrinated )
and non-mason, who are on the edge, on deciding to, ask one to be one..!
Wow..., brillant strategy. EVIL......but brillant..!

Now i understand, all that dishonest energy.... from anxious freemasonry followers,
to manipulate public opinion and to defend freemasonry...in secret society forums

CASE CLOSED

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
you could be muslim....jewish...christian...whatever...you dont need an "amen"....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Thank you, base on your explanations, now it's perfectly clear...!

Freemasonry is indeed a religion, but its hidden '' BEHIND ''...
individual Mason's religion. What a perfect... camouflage..!
a hidden in plain sight strategy, to avoid to be categorized as a sect,
to keep a positive mind control power over followers and to avoid,
to frightened low level mason ( who are not yet endoctrinated )
and non-mason, who are on the edge, on deciding to, ask one to be one..!
Wow..., brillant strategy. EVIL......but brillant..!

Now i understand, all that dishonest energy.... from anxious freemasonry followers,
to manipulate public opinion and to defend freemasonry...in secret society forums

CASE CLOSED

That's not what he said or implied, and for you to suggest that this is the meaning you dervied from it is either dishonest or really, really obtuse on your part.

From what I have seen, the contributions from the Masons on this forum are neither "anxious" nor do they seek to manipulate (your hysterical conclusions come across as a little frantic and ill-thought, though). They are simply trying to inform the forum participants as best they can, to their own knowledge. If you can find a decent example of any deception on their part, I'lll reconsider this viewpoint.

Up for a formal debate on the subject of Masonry? I've been trying to engage someone for months. No takers yet...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Now i understand, all that dishonest energy....

Ironic that you mention dishonest energy. What I find to be 'dishonest energy' is registering under mutliple user names and continuing to post the same ill-conceived repsonses time after time. Do you agree?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

And if outside the masonic temple you are just men what on earth are you inside a masonic temple?

Inside a masonic lodge, we are masons. It's just that simple. Of course we are masons outside as well, but you might never know without asking. unless of course our shirt gets ripped and you see the reptilian skin underneath. Or the horns. We try to hide them.

And for the name of the God, for me is God, for some is Alah, for some is Jahova, for some it might be Fred, and for some it doesn't have a name but is in a sense nature. The GAOTU (grand architect of the universe) is simply the higher power you believe in. The teachings are geared more towards the God that 80% of the world believes in IMHO.

Masonry is not for everyone, but it is for some. Those who are or would be masons will either find their way there, or simply live the life without actually being a mason. The destination is not as important as the journey. And we don't worship satan.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steelisreal

Agreed. This is exactly why i joined Freemasonry. I feel that the elder brothers need to pass the torch on to us younger masons. I got the opportunity to listen to a lecture by Thomas Jackson, and he has said that Freemasonry has dropped the Ball. We have lost our true value.

I agree we have been turned into a boys club for older men to meet and drink and eat. That was NOT the original purpose of Freemasonry. Anyway just wanted to give my two cents on the matter.

THIS AIN'T YOUR GRANDDADDIES LODGE ANYMORE!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
As for my lodge...since I've joined (Im 29)...most of the new members are under 35....but thats just my lodge I guess...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by finestbeast

Not just your lodge, but many lodges. There are a lot of lodges here on the west coast that are having huge drops in the line. for Instance in my lodge our ages are, 18, 20, 21, 44, 40, 45, and so forth. Btw i see that you are located in NYC. do you belong to one of the lodges that meets in the Grand Lodge on 23rd st?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
More and more lodges seem to be over 65, and under 35, with a sprinking of in between.

Boomer's didn't think it was Hip to be Square.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by finestbeast

Like Bushido said, not just your Lodge. I am the Master of the Lodge and I am only 24. The average age is slowly dropping.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Waiting for the day that Freemasonry is so ironic it's hip again like PBR and Fixie bikes.

What I really wanted to post about though, is the current state of Freemasonry in France. Their numbers have quadrupled in the past 20 years. Not only that, but compared to their American counterparts, they actually are still super secretive and do manipulate politics and finance behind the scenes.

France: Where Freemasons Are Still Feared

edit on 9/28/2015 by DannyTorrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DannyTorrance

Waiting for the day that Freemasonry is so ironic it's hip again like PBR and Fixie bikes.

You may want to check out Strict Obedience Lodges, they typically have waiting lists. The one in our district is no longer accepting additional members.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DannyTorrance

You may want to check out Strict Obedience Lodges, they typically have waiting lists. The one in our district is no longer accepting additional members.

Sorry, can you elaborate? What is the difference?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join