It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic's Afghan Girl...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
She would be close to 45 years old now, thereabouts anyway.
Her 'now' picture is not very flattering, but still, she looks pretty haggard, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all.
I can't imagine living the life that some lead there with the strong sunlight, and their lifestyles, meaning, what they have to go through as far as work goes, and daily life in general, compared to me here in the U.S. anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: mysterioustranger
She would be close to 45 years old now, thereabouts anyway.
Her 'now' picture is not very flattering, but still, she looks pretty haggard, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all.
I can't imagine living the life that some lead there with the strong sunlight, and their lifestyles, meaning, what they have to go through as far as work goes, and daily life in general, compared to me here in the U.S. anyway.

They found her again I believe a few years back due to the 1,000's of inquiries as to what happened to her, who she was, where she'd been living...a hard life since.
edit on 1-3-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just trying to insert photo of painting that my husband did of this photo. I might be sideways and sorry about the rope. I haven’t had a chance to watch the clip yet but will soon

<< 1   >>

join