It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NightVision injections let mice see infrared light given off by heat sources could work on Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Humans could soon be able to see in the dark after scientists developed injections that allow animals to detect infra-red light. The injections - which the scientists said had minimal side effects - allowed mice to see infrared light both night and day and could be developed to work on humans.So we believe this technology will also work in human eyes, not only for generating super vision but also for therapeutic solutions in human red colour vision deficits.'

NightVision injections let mice see infra-red light given off by heat sources experts say it could work for humans

WOW legit Human Night vision!!! just a quick injection of NANO Particles and voila you get to see in the dark!!

This is the original study link for those who want to read the whole thing and the science of it :

www.cell.com...(19)30101-1?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0092867419301011%3Fshowa ll%3Dtrue

This is another right out of sci-fi comic book movie stuff right here!!! think about the military & security applications like a super CIA spy dude with night vision yikes ... but i still want some.
edit on 28-2-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I've always wondered just how can they tell what something else is seeing .

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is another right out of sci-fi comic book movie stuff right here!!! think about the military & security applications like a super CIA spy dude with night vision yikes ... but i still want some.

If true... daylight would burn out your eyes. Badly😮
Can it be switched on cue? Still reading links..

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ain't no way I'd inject myself with that snip.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

Humans could soon be able to see in the dark after scientists developed injections that allow animals to detect infra-red light. The injections - which the scientists said had minimal side effects - allowed mice to see infrared light both night and day and could be developed to work on humans.So we believe this technology will also work in human eyes, not only for generating super vision but also for therapeutic solutions in human red colour vision deficits.'

NightVision injections let mice see infra-red light given off by heat sources experts say it could work for humans

WOW legit Human Night vision!!! just a quick injection of NANO Particles and voila you get to see in the dark!!

This is the original study link for those who want to read the whole thing and the science of it :

www.cell.com...(19)30101-1?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0092867419301011%3Fshowa ll%3Dtrue

Sweeeeet. I'm going to become Riddick.

Watch out Necromongers I'm coming.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

If true... daylight would burn out your eyes. Badly😮
Can it be switched on cue? Still reading links..

It should be tested on death-row prisoners, before being put on store shelves.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

And how is this better than wearing night vision goggles?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BOTAL

And how is this better than wearing night vision goggles?

Because you are not using tunnel vision that is the limitations of standard NVG but full range of vision.

Think about daylight equivilant of either your own eyes or looking though two paper towel tubes.

but I agree unless you can turn it off and on in daylight or bright light your screwed.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Well, do they avoid the objects in the dark?

Do they interact with them?

Cant tell what it is they see per-say just but we can tell that they do see via observation i imagine.

edit on 2-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This will never happen... I hope... It would only make people more crazy, lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Well, do they avoid the objects in the dark?

Do they interact with them?

Cant tell what it is they see per-say just but we can tell that they do see via observation i imagine.

Yea well i don't think mice can see that well in the first place. They use them whiskers more than the eyes when traveling.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this just reminded me of an old movie called The Man with the X-Ray Eyes

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

top topics

join