It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria's Secret's stores are doomed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
Really?
What do you know about women's sizes?
I can tell you one thing... I have the hardest time EVER finding MY size when I go into any store you know why? because I am not obese. I actually take care of myself and watch my nutrition and exercise and weigh myself. There is nothing on the racks lower than a size 4 these days and that pisses me off to no end! When I go to Macy's I have to shop in the teenagers section for crying out loud. A woman working at Macy's actually told me that they try to cater to larger women these days. That's just wrong. Personally I love VS... best quality BRA's all around. They fit, they're comfortable and they don't get ruined after one wash.
Tell me OP, do you have trouble finding the right bra size?

Ok, you had me at smaller than size 4 lol. But if you you say 32E, I think I'll have to recommend a good chiropractor.

Apart from that.... Yeah, it must be especially hard for women to buy online. My wife complains that a size 8 in one place is a size 6 in another and a size 12 in even another. I went to actually physically buy her some kinky lingerie one day, well that's how it started. It took me hours, I had to go back to three more days. It's really difficult having to watch all those size 2 to 6 women trying on lingerie for me for a women who's a size 8 lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Victoria Secret is doomed because their quality has gone to crap this last decade.

I get better quality stuff at Walmart.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Yeah, it must be especially hard for women to buy online. My wife complains that a size 8 in one place is a size 6 in another and a size 12 in even another.

Absolutely true!

It's "Marketing Ego". I think name designers have dropped 2 sizes from what used to be the standard (a 14 is now a 10).

This is just so women can say they wear a smaller size.

Shoe size is mostly consistent. Except VANS - - they run small.

There really should be an enforced law on clothing sizing.
edit on 28-2-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yeah, it must be especially hard for women to buy online. My wife complains that a size 8 in one place is a size 6 in another and a size 12 in even another.

Absolutely true!

It's "Marketing Ego". I think name designers have dropped 2 sizes from what used to be the standard (a 14 is now a 10).

They are doing it to men's clothes/shoes as well. They want men to think they're bigger than they are and women to think they're smaller than they are. It's all faux ego massage for profit.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They could just rebrand to 'Victoria's BIG Secret'.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I kinda figured with all the trans folks, their customer base would start to increase again. Sad to hear closing down stores...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

There is nothing on the racks lower than a size 4 these days and that pisses me off to no end! When I go to Macy's I have to shop in the teenagers section for crying out loud.

Horses#.

My nine year old is extremely long-legged for her age, everything is capris on her in kid sizes. We visited half the damn mall's shops Tuesday looking for size 0 petite adult jeans for her. Found plenty, just none she liked. Where TF are YOU shopping?

Dunno about the OP, but I have never had trouble finding clothes and bras online, nor in person on the scant few occasions I shop in-store. If shopping online, get the tape out & make SURE you know your measurements, and read for useful reviews from people willing to share their size info for reference. Using both in conjunction with shopping online equals a pretty easy time of it.

Neither of these are hard to do. You're just not that good at it.
edit on 2/28/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Absolutely true!

They are doing it to men's clothes/shoes as well. They want men to think they're bigger than they are and women to think they're smaller than they are. It's all faux ego massage for profit.

Cheers - Dave

yep I have noticed that as well.

Atleast trojan hasn't given into this marketing ploy for men,as I still fit into my Magnum XXL.

edit on 46228America/ChicagoThu, 28 Feb 2019 22:46:03 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Everyone knows Americans are too fat.

This VS thing is probably more related to tha Amazon'ing of the economy.

Retail has been decimated across the board.

Nobody I know still buys VS for a reason, and Amazon isn't it.

Most of their stock is simply not worth the prices they want. I've had formerly devout VS friends decry it as having transformed into overpriced Fruit of the Loom-level goods (that's the furthest possible thing from a compliment when it comes to bra quality)

I've had several of their bras, and really, they're not that special. They wear out way too quickly for the cost, and frankly, poor design and poor materials is what's going to sink them. Not Amazon.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well there you go. And most people think it's not a big deal to thin shame but god help someone who uses the word "fat" these days.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

There is nothing on the racks lower than a size 4 these days and that pisses me off to no end! When I go to Macy's I have to shop in the teenagers section for crying out loud.

Horses#.

My nine year old is extremely long-legged for her age, everything is capris on her in kid sizes. We visited half the damn mall's shops Tuesday looking for size 0 petite adult jeans for her. Found plenty, just none she liked. Where TF are YOU shopping?

Dunno about the OP, but I have never had trouble finding clothes and bras online, nor in person on the scant few occasions I shop in-store. If shopping online, get the tape out & make SURE you know your measurements, and read for useful reviews from people willing to share their size info for reference. Using both in conjunction with shopping online equals a pretty easy time of it.

Neither of these are hard to do. You're just not that good at it.

Really? your 9 year old has no problem finding sizes? really?
First of all you do realize that clothing for petite means height and not weight right? Long legs and petite just don't go hand in hand, sorry.
I happen to be a 50 year old woman so comparing your 9 year olds clothing to something I'd buy for work is apples and oranges. Your argument there is pretty pointless.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Got any examples of this "thin shaming" you've imagined is happening?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Really? your 9 year old has no problem finding sizes? really?
First of all you do realize that clothing for petite means height and not weight right? Long legs and petite just don't go hand in hand, sorry.
I happen to be a 50 year old woman so comparing your 9 year olds clothing to something I'd buy for work is apples and oranges. Your argument there is pretty pointless.

Yes, she has problems finding pants of proper length in children's sizing.
Can you not read?
Let me reiterate that she's tall with long legs for her age, thus petite adult size 0 jeans/pants fit her better than child sizes. Don't act like I don't know WTF I'm talking about with petite sizing, I'm 5 foot 4. It's not a PITA if you don't pigeonhole yourself into one lone store or brand.

Try shopping somewhere OTHER than Macy's for clothing. There's plenty of stores out there, you're deliberately limiting yourself for the sake of complaining. You can solve your own problem, but choose to bitch and moan instead. That's on you.
edit on 3/1/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

the cookie cutter idea of "all men will drool over a woman with abs who fits into a size 2" is not normal nor is it even remotely indicative of a species of individuals

hmmm...didnt you just play that same stereotyping card with your curvy Black Man/Burdman Pic?

from the OP

I have to crack up when "experts" say that Victoria Secret is closing because women want to be comfortable and not sexy.

I agree not 1 size fits all - but the consensus is that advertisers have finally caught on that the "norm" is for larger body weight and they target for that demographic.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thanks for saying this. I am a white guy and I like women with 'meat on the bone' too. I have no issue with slim women but I myself was always attracted to women who have some character in their face and so on lol All my life I have known slim, muscular, stocky and large women. Some of the kindest and most giving women I have ever known were large women. Some of the worst women I've known were scrawny (and vice-versa of course.) Like most people, I do get concerned when I see young women starving themselves to look 'beautiful.' They see these super slim models (who starve themselves) on magazine covers and try to emulate them. Thing is, honestly, most guys anywhere find those women too thin! I don't know how many times I've looked at those cover girls when waiting in a checkout line, noticed their good bone shapes but thought, "If she'd only GAIN some weight, she'd look BEAUTIFUL."

IMO, this shallow superficiality has got to go. It is dishonest, competitive and manipulative in harmful ways. If I ran a magazine or made Hollywood movies or a TV network, or had any say at all, I would be pushing to see more regular people in the media. At what point are we going to stop trying to emulate unrealistic or downright unhealthy concepts of 'modern beauty' (as guys or girls) and learn to be comfortable in ourselves for who we all really are?
edit on 2-3-2019 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Are you kidding? Choosing the most skeletal image of a person as a reply to my post is inane. Also in my post I said that I am not skinny but the normal, healthy size for my height! So what do anorexics have to do with anything?

However when I go into town here in the UK I have maybe once in 30 years seen a skeleton like that, yet every other female, young or old has a big ass, literally every one anywhere I go. There is an obesity crisis and it ain't pretty.

So your one image is neat and disgusting when someone is slimming themselves so much that they die. But reality is far from this. If every other person in Britain looked like that, I would rightly rant against that too [and wonder if we are a starving nation].

So despite your pathetic try to change the subject to anorexia, my post stands 100% in the real world. Every single word I wrote.
edit on 2-3-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Really?
What do you know about women's sizes?
I can tell you one thing... I have the hardest time EVER finding MY size when I go into any store you know why? because I am not obese. I actually take care of myself and watch my nutrition and exercise and weigh myself. There is nothing on the racks lower than a size 4 these days and that pisses me off to no end! When I go to Macy's I have to shop in the teenagers section for crying out loud. A woman working at Macy's actually told me that they try to cater to larger women these days. That's just wrong. Personally I love VS... best quality BRA's all around. They fit, they're comfortable and they don't get ruined after one wash.

Pictures, or it just ain't so!
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Absolutely true!

Cheers - Dave

yep I have noticed that as well.

Atleast trojan hasn't given into this marketing ploy for men,as I still fit into my Magnum XXL.

But then how do you see or breathe?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Got any examples of this "thin shaming" you've imagined is happening?

I could not find the BBC video original, but there are a lot of reactions to it.

Here's a TED talk on the subject.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Absolutely true!

Cheers - Dave

One issue with men's clothing is - - a lot (probably most) of it comes from Asia (and other non-US countries).

They run smaller. I don't know/think its an industry "EGO" thing with men. I think its a manufacturing thing.

Women's clothing from Asia has always run smaller in my experience also.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join