It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria's Secret's stores are doomed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Let me amend what you say.

People want a smokin' hot body according to what is culturally considered smokin' hot, but that changes from place to place. In some places, the "Rubenesque" look is smokin' hot so overweight is actually in. Those are typically places where many people starve so having some meat on your bones is an outward sign of wealth.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly.

Check out sumo for a grest example.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Imagine that. My wife buys all of her bras and panties from there so being expensive, I guess we'll save a little more money. As long as I don't have to look at fat girls waddling around in dirty PINK brand pants then I'm good I guess.

Maybe the left should work harder on making healthy food inexpensive and make the sidewalks safe so people can walk or run in their neighborhoods. I have to hand it to, I forget the app name, but they pay you for the amount of steps you take everyday. At least somebody is trying to throw the hint out there for people to start exercising.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Don't really feel bad for them. If they want to make a profit, then they can change with the times, or die off.

LuLu Lemon is another that would rather alienate clientele instead of adapting.

I'm slowly but surely losing weight, but it really sucks not being able to find anything decent to wear in the meantime. Ordering online is a minefield because you can never be sure of the sizing.

Do you buy your stuff for VS? When my wife was pregnant, she gained weight and the reward to herself for getting back down to her old size, or close to it, was a splurge at VS.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I was thinking of Leblouh, a West African practice where young girls are force fed to make them obese.

There have actually been cases of mothers killing their kids with it in the UK.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
Really?
What do you know about women's sizes?
I can tell you one thing... I have the hardest time EVER finding MY size when I go into any store you know why? because I am not obese. I actually take care of myself and watch my nutrition and exercise and weigh myself. There is nothing on the racks lower than a size 4 these days and that pisses me off to no end! When I go to Macy's I have to shop in the teenagers section for crying out loud. A woman working at Macy's actually told me that they try to cater to larger women these days. That's just wrong. Personally I love VS... best quality BRA's all around. They fit, they're comfortable and they don't get ruined after one wash.
Tell me OP, do you have trouble finding the right bra size?

Levis, American Eagle, Buckle, those are a few that have size 0 and up. Piss on Macy's.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Really? What do you know about women's sizes?

OP is a mother and a well-respected member of our ATS community.

OH... haha! I thought OP was a guy! My bad

But still... it goes both ways. There's either plenty of sizes for large-obese and none for smaller women or there's only size 0-6 and nothing for larger women. There's fat shaming and there's thin shaming. Believe me I see it all and I hear it all. I'm a nutritionist and I work in multiple fitness centers. I used to weigh close to 200 LBS and now I'm around 120 --- through diet and exercise. This is a topic that burns my ass.

Guys have wives and girlfriends that they take to these places, too.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'll take Vakerie Bert n' Ernie, though her personality annoys me.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I never understood the fashion world's obsession with scrawny women... maybe it is cultural, but being a black guy, I like my women with some meat on their bones. Need something I can hold on to and a little jiggle going on. I ain't saying they need to be obese but most guys I know like voluptuous women.

These rail thin, bobble headed women with no as* look sickly to me. Look like they might get broke in two after a good romp in the bedroom.

They won't break. I used to chase the 105 pound women but over the years I've gotten to where I prefer a little more than that. My wife is 5'5" 135 lbs and that's just right.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

And what about the women who are "scrawny" but don't choose to be that way and just can't help it? Statements like that make them feel just as bad as an obese woman trying to fit into a VS bra.

Then they need thicker skin just like bigger women. My cousin is a hefty gal and she'll take a joke about fat girls like a champ.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think it may also have something to do with feminism and the #metoo movement. It seems more and more woman are complaining that men look at them only as sex objects. Lets face it, if your shopping at VS sex is probably on the menu, regardless if you're male or female. The more that women look down on men for what used to be natural sexual desires, the more men tend to shy away from the stereotype and the less woman are dressing to attract it. I would think this would put a damper on sales of a company that solely exist for putting the X in sex.

In many ways its sad times as it seems no matter what you do anymore you're going to offend someone.
I think women should be respected no differently than any other human being should. I'm also totally ok if you want to dress up like a librarian in high heel and fishnets and keep me after school.

I remember back in the day joking with women or them with me, about situations or topics that were sexual in nature. Things that there is no way in hell I would talk about today, out of fear of being labeled as sexist and sexually harassing. For the record, the women were almost always the nastier ones making me blush, not the other way around. We live in a totally different era nowadays though. Personally, I miss the old days where honesty and candor were not so mis-understood.

Just throwing this out there as I don't believe size is the main culprit of the problem as some are saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Yeah, well, I've been losing weight too, and let me tell you, even when I get down to ideal weight in about 7 more pounds, I won't be shopping for size 4. I doubt I'll be shopping for size 6, but I'm tall with a large frame. Even when I was at my skinniest and weighed under 120, I was still in size 7.

So, maybe it has less to do with catering to larger women in the overweight sense and more to do with you having a very petite frame.

That being said, I think there are quite a few women in my size range because I have a hard time finding size 8s anywhere. I can find 10s and 6s, but not 8s.

And to elaborate, I think it's just a universal thing that women, no matter our size and shape, have trouble finding things that fit us when we go shopping. That's because mass produced clothing is made to fit some other woman with some mass produced body type that most of us are not.

Nobody cares about the guys. Boo.

I can't find a pair of 34/36 jeans anywhere but online. Never have so I've always dealt with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Edumakated

You gotta pick what will accept you, I guess.

Oh GTFO with that tired nonsense! I've heard that crap my whole life, too. Funny thing, that, I've turned down many, many more thin/fit women in my pre-married years than I ever even considered hitting on. Personal preferences and attractions exist and are the norm, the cookie cutter idea of "all men will drool over a woman with abs who fits into a size 2" is not normal nor is it even remotely indicative of a species of individuals with individual motivations and views on beauty. Believe it or not, I've heard there are even men out there who don't even care what a woman looks like and base their attraction entirely on her brain!!! Bizarre, but seemingly true.

True that... I don't think I'm into the big like you and Edumakated, but abs on a woman are a turn off. I like a pair of jeans that are filled out, but not busting at the seams. And I'm not into skinny anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The company used to be just mail orders only, for husbands and boyfriends etc to buy stuff without their significant other knowing.

Then it became this designer brand. Thing is, it's underwear, most women already spend tons of money on bras alone, why buy overly priced stuff when they can get the same thing for cheaper elsewhere. People are far more consumer wise to branding now days than ever.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Victoria's works for me.....

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You think you have issues?

My oldest nephew has a size 27 waist and long, long legs. We went shopping for him at Kohl's for Christmas, searched the entire jeans wall and found *2* pairs that met his needs size wise.

My son is growing up in a similar mold.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...and it ties into apolitical ATS bread and butter perfectly.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
3/4 of women obese by 2020? That seems extreme. Righg now a majority of women I see when doing stuff are not obese. Maybe 25 % and that is mostly older women.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
3/4 of women obese by 2020? That seems extreme. Righg now a majority of women I see when doing stuff are not obese. Maybe 25 % and that is mostly older women.

Nearly three-quarters of American men and more than 60% of women are obese or overweight. These are also major challenges for America’s children – nearly 30% of boys and girls under age 20 are either obese or overweight, up from 19% in 1980.

www.healthdata.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I like Richard Jenni's skit on the Brooklyn late nite TV diet ad..

"For just 79 cents, I will send you my diet plan and kit... It is a piece of tape. Put it across your pie hole to keep the Ring-Dings out."
edit on 28-2-2019 by charlyv because: s

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join