It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria's Secret's stores are doomed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
I would think it is more about the online shopping where more people can compare price and more choices than in a small retail shop.

No, this is actually one part of shopping you really should go into a store.
Bras are weird and fit different from one style/brand to another. This is why
I think Victoria Secret is so dumb!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And what about the women who are "scrawny" but don't choose to be that way and just can't help it? Statements like that make them feel just as bad as an obese woman trying to fit into a VS bra.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sequal to 6th sense film is in the works.....I see fat people

In truth its more about the food. We are being poisoned with synthetic food.
edit on 28-2-2019 by agenda51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Yeah, well, I've been losing weight too, and let me tell you, even when I get down to ideal weight in about 7 more pounds, I won't be shopping for size 4. I doubt I'll be shopping for size 6, but I'm tall with a large frame. Even when I was at my skinniest and weighed under 120, I was still in size 7.

So, maybe it has less to do with catering to larger women in the overweight sense and more to do with you having a very petite frame.

That being said, I think there are quite a few women in my size range because I have a hard time finding size 8s anywhere. I can find 10s and 6s, but not 8s.

And to elaborate, I think it's just a universal thing that women, no matter our size and shape, have trouble finding things that fit us when we go shopping. That's because mass produced clothing is made to fit some other woman with some mass produced body type that most of us are not.
edit on 28-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Edumakated
I never understood the fashion world's obsession with scrawny women... maybe it is cultural, but being a black guy, I like my women with some meat on their bones.

...and this has always been a massive swath of mutual common ground African Americans and rural country boys openly stand together on.

You and I agree on a lot of topics, but none as tightly as we agree on this.

LOL, +1000

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Edumakated

You gotta pick what will accept you, I guess.

Oh GTFO with that tired nonsense! I've heard that crap my whole life, too. Funny thing, that, I've turned down many, many more thin/fit women in my pre-married years than I ever even considered hitting on. Personal preferences and attractions exist and are the norm, the cookie cutter idea of "all men will drool over a woman with abs who fits into a size 2" is not normal nor is it even remotely indicative of a species of individuals with individual motivations and views on beauty. Believe it or not, I've heard there are even men out there who don't even care what a woman looks like and base their attraction entirely on her brain!!! Bizarre, but seemingly true.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good on ya for losing the weight. Keep up the good work!

I agree but oddly enough, when I weighed the most people would tell me that I carry it well because I am big boned. When I weight the least people would tell me that I looked good because I had such a petite frame LOL!

link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
and further more... I am all for feeling good in your own skin and all that but I'm sorry, strong is not the NEW skinny and being heavy is NOT bulking and I get my new edition of Vogue or Glamour in the mail, I don't want to see 200-300 LB women on the cover! It's supposed to be about fantasy and glam and glitz and I want to keep it that way. If that's what I want to see, I'll watch my 600 LB life.

I find that no one is more repulsed by the very heavy than someone who used to be that way themselves and turned it around.

I used to weigh close to 200 LBS and now I'm around 120 --- through diet and exercise.

There you are.

Chill.

You're like a born-again Christian.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

What about all the men buying and wearing VS lingerie.

Why would I wear boxers with assless chaps?

What would be the point?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Most of the time when women want to be thin and fit it's not because of a man. It's because of other women.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And what about the women who are "scrawny" but don't choose to be that way and just can't help it? Statements like that make them feel just as bad as an obese woman trying to fit into a VS bra.

I'm not criticizing skinny women, I'm simply saying they're not my cup of tea. That's the difference. This society doesn't judge thin women... it enables them. The same can't be said for women who society views as overweight and any attempt that gains steam towards body acceptance or them feeling good about what they actually look like is swiftly met with whining and bigotry from the fashion industry and their squadron of cookie cutter Barbie doll wannabes who buy the narrative and push the criticism and mockery of overweight gals.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also is it not possible to be both comfortable and sexy?

Yes it is possible. What is more comfortable AND sexy than being naked? YAHOO!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Most of the time when women want to be thin and fit it's not because of a man. It's because of other women.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Women are far, FAR more judgemental against the mundane and nit picking issues than men are. It is actually as off putting in a woman as the skin and bones thing is.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

A woman working at Macy's actually told me that they try to cater to larger women these days. That's just wrong.

That's not wrong, that is SMART.

If 75% of your business base is/will be plus sized why wouldn't you cater to them.

link   

Some people are just settlers.
It's OK
Do what makes you happy.
My wife is smokin'
She gets skinny shamed all the time for not being fat, or by guys who try to justify their bad choices.

link   

There is nothing wrong with either. I was the same way.

Just be comfortable with yourself. If you want to make changes, do it, but understand that your body is not you - who you are on the inside. My reasons for losing weight were because I wanted to see if I could more than anything else that and it was already happening on its own through some simple lifestyle changes we made to help our son out.

And once I started dropping it, my husband decided to get in on the game. But I'm not going to diss people who don't decide to make their own changes and do the hard work. The reality is that our success was the result of years and lots of little changes we made over those years that just sort of crept in and became lifestyle. We didn't just sit down and down a monumental life makeover like so many are facing and failing at.

link   
Marilyn Monroe and most of the bombshell beauties from the 50s/60s would be considered fat nowadays.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think there are degrees, and we have lost our sense of perspective.

There are healthy curvy women who look really good just like there are overweight to obese women who call themselves curvy who really aren't and should think about trying to turn themselves around.

And there are thin women who are very healthy and fit and those poor, starving heroine chic things called models who are just a train wreck on the catwalk that everyone tries to tell us are some kind of beauty ideal.

It's like a bell curve.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yea it was all fun and games until someone lost an eye......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again I agree with you on that. But I can't help it because all the hard work I put in to build what I did and here's an obese person saying "It's OK to be fat as long as you're happy blah blah blah" I know that probably sounds terrible but there is just such a double standard. I can't fat shame but it's OK for someone to refer to me as scrawny. right! Anyway, I'm not scrawny, I compete in figure competitions so there's a whole other level... female body building, bikini models, figure models and then the heavy duty body builders. Love em or hate em they put in the hard work and the diet is beyond strict. Totally off topic there...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join