It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's attorney general to indict Benjamin Netanyahu on corruption charges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Attorney general Avichai Mandelblit is to charge Netanyahu on counts of bribery, fraud and breach of trust .
The charges mean that Netanyahu will have to fight the upcoming general election , which takes place in April , with charges of fraud and bribery hanging over him.

Avichai Mandelblit said Mr Netanyahu would face charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust in connection with three cases, pending a final hearing.

The prime minister is alleged to have accepted gifts from wealthy businessmen and dispensed favours to try to get more favourable press coverage.

Mr Netanyahu, who is facing an election in April, has denied any wrongdoing.

He has said he is the victim of a left-wing "witch-hunt" intended to topple him ahead of a closely contested general election on 9 April.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The prime minister will have an opportunity to make his case against the indictments at the final hearing, which is likely to take place after the election. If his arguments are rejected, it will be the first time in Israel's history that a sitting prime minister has faced criminal charges.
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's taken a while but the day of reckoning may be approaching.

edit on 28-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Mr Netanyahu will probably buy the election to win.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dude that man is corrupt AF. I hope he gets what’s coming cause he deserves it.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I smell some news kicking up in Syria to serve as a distraction....

J/k.... Kind of.

link   
dbl
edit on 28-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   
trip

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This will not end well...get ready for the mother of all false flags.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Been watching this unfolding for a couple of years almost now. It has taken a long time to get this far. The problem has been that he is very popular. He has in other ways been a very good leader. Economically and in terms of Jewish identity his firm hand has done Israel big favours though perhaps he has not been the best of diplomats to the West nor ambassador for his nation. That has been his weakness, that is internationally. However, it was not his job description to be ambassador, was it.

His strengths have been totally domestic in focus, politically and economically in terms of trade, though some might criticize him for not passing enough of this on to the Israeli people. The settlements have spread. Aliyah has happened big time. The Palestinians are much weakened, Hezbollah and HAMAS too. He has had the strength to go against the grain and call Iran out when it was not popular to do so. He was pretty much right about that too. I can list many of his achievements.

With all that the man has been caught out on what is really a silly thing. It has been a petty thing that may bring him down, but it is still corruption. I mean petty by his own standards he set for himsaelf as he has been so successful elsewhere. Every person has their weakness and instigator of their downfall.

He will still have great popularity with many Jews in Israel. If he is guilty though then obviously he can't go on and must face the law. I think they have a good case against him. He will not win it. They would not have called it unless it is a solid case.

Sad to see a man fall on the sword of his own conduct. We are all human, but we must keep up standards. He has created a long public shadow and now it is high noon and his shadow has caught up with him.

I'll not say he has done bad by Israel. He has been very strong, but he has gone to some dark places to get Israel through all this and in the position it is in today. It has a huge tourism industry now. It is shining very bright, having made many economic friends, even not alienating Putin like the rest of the West has done. What price diplomacy? What price "overclocking" morally for your nation?

I think it is crazy that he should try and fight an election with all this over him. It will be very bad for Israel to have that happen. If he stubbornly tries to hold on he may come out of it looking like a junkie for power even at the expense of moral integrity, with no restraint to know when your time has come to pass on the responsibility. I would say he has lost balance and must remember Israel is a democracy and not his kingdom. They all get like that in the end. It really is time to go then.

I'll wish him well and may justice be served. It has to as the whole world will be watching.

edit on 28-2-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Hopefully it's not one of our naval ships that suffers the brunt again.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hopefully it's not one of our naval ships that suffers the brunt again.

This time I think Iran will be the scapegoat with US forces drawn into the conflict.

God help us!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I hope our ships off the coast of Syria are on high, HIGH alert. Because it will not surprise me in the slightest if one of them gets hit with a missile in the next few days.

I say this because, with BN's keister now officially on the line, another phony chemical attack in Syria won't be nearly enough.
edit on 28-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
*Mossad has been activated for special duty*

Not official, but let's be real.... It's official.

🎶 Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor 🎶

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Does that mean Alex Jones
will finally go away?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Does that mean Alex Jones
will finally go away?

Jamie, pull up that theory that Alex Jones works with Mossad.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Netanyahu owns dozens of our Congressmen and Senators, and has throughout his long political career. Expect a lot of support from our politicians and especially the Republicans -- they have a very special relationship with him.

In addition to that, our greatest ally getting indicted, with indictments hovering over the head of our own president, is something to be avoided at all cost by the republican party.

This is great news and Netanyahu needs to meet his political end, but don't expect much support here from resident contortionists.

new topics

top topics

join