It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose ‘Embarrassing’ Gun Control Amendment Vote After Multiple Defections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963 I believe a confiscation law will eventually come to pass. It will likely be just as successful as prohibition and far more violent. Any ideological sect that calls to criminalize their own border law enforcement agents lacks the common sense to realize compliance is impossible.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Never trust a democrat with the 2nd Amendment. If they say they support it, they're lying. End of story.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thankfully the sheer number of existing firearms makes ignoring this law easy. Without a database, who will know when I decided to lend a responsible trusted family member one or more firearms for X period of time? Which of course I do and will continue to do whether this law is passed by these moderate-at-best junkies or not

This doesn't stand a chance at passing the Senate, but any GOP-traitors that vote for this in any measure should be targeted during the primaries (at whatever cost to the election itself)

Obviously infringing acts like that listed above can be safely ignored by real Americans.

A clear message to House/Senate GOP taxpayer-welfare recipients (AKA elected Reps): If you vote for this anti-gun bill or any other gun control measure, we will leave you without a job or a reputation. You either stand on the side of the Constitution or we don't want you in our party - even if it means losing a seat to a Democrat. Traitors cannot be tolerated, and punishing them for bad behavior works as the tea party has shown time and time again.

To win, we've got to be ready and willing to rip our own noses off to spite our face.
edit on 2/28/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Just like we have to register vehicles, and transfer the title immediately via the DMV, we could do the same with guns.

Yeah, no thanks, national gun registration would be Unconstitutional in and of itself.

I have no problem with that type of system, it would even protect sellers.

Said the person who is in favor of an Unconstitutional national gun registry.

Why sell a gun registered to you and not make the third party take the registration under their name?

Are you under the delusion that all guns must be registered to be legal?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My DVD player has a serial number.
So does my toaster.

Methinks CriticalStinky and you are under the delusion that bearing a serial# is the same as being registered.

It isn't.

Also, all gun registration, at this point in time, is done at the State level, and any attempt to do so at the federal level would be blatantly Unconstitutional (not that that would stop gun grabbers).

(post by whatisright removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join