It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose ‘Embarrassing’ Gun Control Amendment Vote After Multiple Defections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Clint Eastwood, an actor, on gun control. I glad to see one be pro 2nd when most of them seem to be against guns.
edit on 2/28/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfTheEmperor

No I didn't.

The background check was created in 1998 by a Gun nazi named CLinton.

Which didn't exist for over 222 years until that # came along.

I am surprise 'Muricans didn't die off like the dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
F the government. It's called civil disobedience.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Like I've said, Article III of the constitution established and determined the supreme court to interpret and execute the law as it sees fit. Judicial review includes the constitution itself.

Section 2: The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States...

If the supreme court decides that guns are a limited right, they have that power and it's undisputed. No matter how much you hide behind the constitution, you clearly don't understand it.

From District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008):

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

End of story.

edit on 28-2-2019 by VoiceOfTheEmperor because: Words.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It really is amazing.

There are those that have no concept of civil liberty.

Definition of civil liberty : freedom from arbitrary governmental interference (as with the right of free speech) specifically by denial of governmental power and in the U.S. especially as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights —usually used in plural

www.merriam-webster.com...

Even more disturbing there are those that defend state totalitarianism to disarm the citizens they're suppose to represent.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: ltdan08
a reply to: Bluntone22

But you don't have to register your serialized dildo if you don't want to. It's only for warranty purposes.

I dont know if my dildo is a guaranteed right in the constitution.

" Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I guess it depends on your idea of happiness.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I guess it depends on your idea of happiness.

It fall under the 14th and property.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When I see these debates on gun registering guns being a good solution to gun control in America it makes me laugh. You have to register your guns here. I know several people with unregistered guns purchased illegally, some of which are illegal to.have here period. I know people who would sell me guns, despite me not having a license currently.

Criminals will straight up not give a #.

It sounds like a way to track guns and gun owners and get a little extra money to whoever background check fees will be paid to and like most other bureaucracy a way to keep poor people from owning guns. I imagine fees for those background checks will be high.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

There are people who seem to believe that criminals follow the law. If criminals did then they wouldn't be criminals.

They already know to skirt the law using other criminals.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same: that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me god"

Congressional oath.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

THAT is the law already on the books that needs to be enforced!

Violate the oath of office and get thrown out on your ass.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is the fault of the people for electing these leaders. It's fun to blame the leaders but who put them into the office?

edit:

How can a person be trusted when an office is bought because of the wealth it will bring to them.
edit on 2/28/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Bluntone22

"The bill would expand background checks to include all gun sales, rather than just sales by licensed gun dealers as under current law."

So how exactly am I supposed to do a background check on the guy I'm selling my gun too?

And who is gunna pay for the check cuz the cops dont to anything free?

It could be a very easy fix.

Just like we have to register vehicles, and transfer the title immediately via the DMV, we could do the same with guns.

Rather than go to the DMV with plates, this could be called in and a piece of paper with a signature emailed in by both parties so we don't have to go to the worst institution in America.

I have no problem with that type of system, it would even protect sellers. Why sell a gun registered to you and not make the third party take the registration under their name?

What if they sell it again and a crime is committed with it and the gun left at the scene, why object ourselves to that?

I read "Shall not be infringed" when I read the 2nd Amendment.

It is certainly not written there in the 2nd that it will be "only for those with special rules will guns be allowed".

Freedom is complicated it might be too much for some people I realize. If you find you are one of those, please move to a nanny state where the gov will be your god and leave the free people the hell alone.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I read "Shall not be infringed" when I read the 2nd Amendment. It is certainly not written there in the 2nd that it will be "only for those with special rules will guns be allowed".

So where can I buy hand grenades?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Justoneman

I read "Shall not be infringed" when I read the 2nd Amendment. It is certainly not written there in the 2nd that it will be "only for those with special rules will guns be allowed".

So where can I buy hand grenades?

The ISIS types use the Black market, next question.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

ATF form 4 destructive device. Or form 1 and make your own.

No idea where to buy them, for liability reasons i doubt a dealer would sell to a private citizen.

But if you had a company doing contract work for the gov, id imagine they would sell to you.
edit on 2 28 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

ATF form 4 destructive device.

Damn, why are they infringing on our rights to bare arms?

What the hell?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I know right? We should be able to pick the things up by the six pack at cabellas and go boom fishing!
"Hold my beer"

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sounds like how grandpa use to fish.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yep, they had fun back in the day.
Now a days it'd be cheaper and less hastle to hire Gordon Ramsay to come cook you a salmon steak.
Less metal fragments too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join