It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way of the future church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
“We believe the creation of ‘super intelligence’ is inevitable,“We want to encourage machines to do things we cannot and take care of the planet in a way we seem not to be able to do so ourselves…We should not fear this but should be optimistic about the potential…We believe it may be important for machines to see who is friendly to their cause and who is not. We plan on doing so by keeping track of who has done what (and for how long) to help the peaceful and respectful transition.”

www.wayofthefuture.church...

there’s no guarantee that an artificial superintelligence will be empathetic or even sympathetic to humanity’s ills. It may come to see its creators as a hindrance or a burden. Just as Adam and Eve reject the will of their creator in Genesis and Zeus overthrows the Titans in Hesiod’s Theogeny, so too might a sufficiently advanced AI decide that it’s better off without us. In this case, our digital deity may end up bringing about our doom rather than our salvation.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
“We believe the creation of ‘super intelligence’ is inevitable,“We want to encourage machines to do things we cannot and take care of the planet in a way we seem not to be able to do so ourselves…We should not fear this but should be optimistic about the potential…We believe it may be important for machines to see who is friendly to their cause and who is not. We plan on doing so by keeping track of who has done what (and for how long) to help the peaceful and respectful transition.”

www.wayofthefuture.church...

there’s no guarantee that an artificial superintelligence will be empathetic or even sympathetic to humanity’s ills. It may come to see its creators as a hindrance or a burden. Just as Adam and Eve reject the will of their creator in Genesis and Zeus overthrows the Titans in Hesiod’s Theogeny, so too might a sufficiently advanced AI decide that it’s better off without us. In this case, our digital deity may end up bringing about our doom rather than our salvation.

My computer has an on and off button, I think you give AI far to much intelligence
I think you watch to much sci fi

Hollywood is not reality
Or
Is this about the “church” and making tax free money

Just out of interest, is the church worshiping AI or what is it’s purpose, bitnconfused
edit on 28-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

I'm not quite sure of your point - this storyline has been repeatedly done to death in popular culture since at least the Terminator films, so I'm not sure what is being said that hasn't been said a thousand times already...??

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

I'm not quite sure of your point - this storyline has been repeatedly done to death in popular culture since at least the Terminator films, so I'm not sure what is being said that hasn't been said a thousand times already...??

No, no no. You're not paying attention.

The OP is enlightened and is dropping deeply profound and original concepts on us.

Geez

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

In this case, our digital deity may end up bringing about our doom rather than our salvation.

This guy?

John saw it "rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

ten horns is like one's and zeros.
edit on 28-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

No, no no. You're not paying attention.

The OP is enlightened and is dropping deeply profound and original concepts on us.

Geez

So Ray Kurzweil, an author whose writings I take it your fimiliar with?
The age of spiritual machines --NO NO YOUR NOT PAYING ATTENTION. just saying

edit on 28-2-2019 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

top topics

join