It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 379
<< 376  377  378    380  381  382 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guest101
The simplest and most logical explanation of the three UFO pictures is that they are used as an example of priming. By looking at the first UFO picture, the audience is primed to see UFO’s in the pictures that follow as well, and they do not recognize the seagull as such anymore.

Now, does that mean the first picture is a picture of a real UFO? Maybe. But I think the ‘expert’ claiming “fake UFO images are used to deliberately spread misinformation” got a bit carried away by his own conspiracy theory.

I think we all can have a tendency to do that from time to time, I know I do, but that said, you make a great point and even toned down a bit, that's still a powerful tool that we should all be aware is constantly being used to direct and redirect our attention and influence our behaviour. Specifically, I found this bit interesting...

A special property of response priming is its independence from visual awareness of the prime: For example, response priming effects can increase under conditions where visual awareness of the prime is decreasing.

...I can see how that would work in this context and further muddy the field particularly from commercial and private parties interested in obtaining their slice of the pie by trying to get people's foggy recollections to take a shape that fits their agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We haven't had any "Stories" in the US MSM to strengthen TTSAs position lately....

Tick Tock...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You know TTSA has accomplished a propaganda victory in that the UFO conversations recently invariably course to an ATTIP mention. CONTACT, I think it’s a science channel documentary series--a decent one--where often you heard was ATTIIP this ATTIP that.

Naturally, three of the principal investigators have Military Intelligence backgrounds. Par for the course.

To me, it's still as yet clear what ATTIP was, if anything. Indeed, I just can't help seeing the small desk in the corner hidden behind the cigarette machine or water cooler, and Zondo biting his nails and surfing the web for biker paraphernalia to buy on Amazon, and maybe getting a few calls from Nick Pope now and then is about all this vaunted ATTIP is and was made up of.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
TTSA can breathe a sigh of relief: ATS Bought the Farm

Creating plasma balls that defy physics and human perception hundred miles away in 2004, but still working on crude lasers to shoot down winged drones in 2020 — gotta love linear progress.

Gonna have to find somewhere else to bring the cold-blooded truth.

Peace in the Middle East.
edit on 18-6-2020 by Cravens because: Was missing an “e”

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

It's a nice thought Craven; but the no-one really pays any attention to ATS all that much these days. Granted some people do, as has been documented with various "Usual Suspects" gracing us with their comments and answers and some ufologists have literally ripped off threads word for word for some of their "PodCasts" they do, specifically this thread too. The death toll of ATS was struck, I would say over a decade ago. A lack of investment in infrastructure and the rise of Social Media is what has caused ATS's current situation.

It has been pretty clear in the past, that ProTTSA "members" of ATS have registered and come onto this thread and its predecessor to do nothing more than Troll before. Most of those have come and gone quickly, some annoyingly stuck around a lot longer.

All good things must come to an end, so regardless of whether this thread or website exists at all; is really irrelevant in the long term. TTSA are the focal point currently and have been for a few years; when their "Young Guns" don't get their disclosure; they will more than likely end up like all the rest of the people that have clamored for the answer to a question they don't understand; but yet demand it.

Time is the answer to any of the questions around TTSA; they have built up their own narrative - the clock is ticking, it has been since December 2017. Time and Patience are not good bedfellows...

edit on p031009202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

I hope ATS continues for long time to come its a great platform. As far as TTSA goes, I guess time will tell?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

I hope ATS continues for long time to come its a great platform. As far as TTSA goes, I guess time will tell?

Please don’t use my name in vain.

Anyway, hopefully, someone will buy ATS. I think it would be a valuable asset. Maybe TTSA might buy it just to take this thread down!

edit on 18-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That did make me smile Will tell
)

Oh my word TTSA purchasing ATS, now imagine that!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I couldn't see that happening; it would offer no strategical advantage, but it would be one hell of a way to shut MirageMan up!

ATS is going to die...I think its that simple, what will become of this thread and its secrets once it disappears into the void - what secrets will be unveiled just before the darkness swallows it...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I couldn't see that happening; it would offer no strategical advantage, but it would be one hell of a way to shut MirageMan up!

TTSA's reaction to the sad news about ATS...

ATS is going to die...I think its that simple, what will become of this thread and its secrets once it disappears into the void - what secrets will be unveiled just before the darkness swallows it...

Time is running out for those secrets to pop out!

To be frank, with no ATS, the true story behind TheFinalTheory, Cometa, Lt Timbo and the whole Nimitz affair will fade into the bucket of myth and dodgy history. Especially with nobody policing the BS elements, for which this thread had done a commendable job.

My own interest in UFOs will probably fade as quickly as it was re-ignited in August 2018 when I joined ATS. Sadly.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Metabunk will continue to persist in denying ignorance.

About UFOs, the flat Earth, and stuff.

edit on 6/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Have you seen Peeple's thread suggesting that member put on their war paint and get our peculiar brand of sexy out there?

If I am getting the gist of things, and I may not be, we need more of the 'other' and less of what we have been getting of late to attract ad-revenues. I don't know whether it's a diversity issue or what. I think we can all agree that we have got a rich back catalogue here...perhaps a little bumping and grinding is what is needed. You value mirageman, go tweet his greatest hits. Spam TTSA, better yet taunt them blatantly and invite them to do battle. If for no other reason than the giggles.

It may not save the site, but it could be glorious.

ETA, link to thread, in case y'all missed it, www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-6-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Since you're here now, may I intrude for a moment to tell you how much I adore you. I devour every word you write, and I always have. You are beautiful and brilliant, but I do wish you would eat more ice cream.

Best regards,

M.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is practically the only place left (literally this very thread) where I still discuss UFOs online.

If it goes away then that would be a very sad thing.

Can we make some contingency plans?

I usually completely ignore the political forums here but it doesn't surprise me if the tone there turns off most advertisers.

Edit: More on topic - I'm sure you've heard the increasing rumbles about another New York Times story related to metamaterials and/or the Wilson documents. I wish there was some way Leslie Kean would be surgically removed from the process.

edit on 19-6-2020 by coursecatalog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Truly a sad day...

This thread, and mirageman's work is a testament to what this site was in its prime.

I hope others on here, like myself, would pay a monthly fee to be here, and I hope that would generate enough income to continue to have such a great site in an ocean of garbage.

Thank you mirageman, for creating something that gave nostalgia to a golden era, and for showing its still possible to have those times again. Your work is greatly appreciated, not only by me, but from all those seeking the truth.

Godspeed ATS

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Slapping UFO-charlatans silly on their own turf has been an immense pleasure to be a small part of.

If everything disappears tomorrow, I just wanted to say: Thanks Y'all!

P.S. - I'm still calling them UFOs, none of this UAP bidness for me---that's for the Birds, ahem.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

I'm not sure if it is the 'tone' so much as the lack of diversity and with that the quality to crap ratio. I mean, there are days when you scroll down the front page and you would, at a glance, think this is a site to talk US politics. There is very little sense of awareness that there is a vast world out there, let alone undiscovered frontiers still to be explored. There are still members plugging away, but they don't get the interest from the membership. I don't know whether it's too little too late, but I think, if it's important enough for us to have spent the many, many, many hours that we have all spent on this, its important enough for us to have a bit of a rally round. Start flaunting some of our many assests.

@ Ladyinwaiting, I really wish that I would eat more ice cream too. You're very lovely, thank you.

edit on 19-6-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The post mortem can wait until they turn this place off from life support....

I think the fat lady may just have one last aria to sing before the ship sinks altogether.

KEEP WATCHING THE SPIES.....

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Spies that lie.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Naah not dead yet Pigs. What's this about secrets?

top topics

<< 376  377  378    380  381  382 >>

join